Where are they from?

Lynne

eternal light, where are you getting the info of tour dates for plant/krauss? i am a bit surprised to see mad sq grdn on the roster. i thought plant preferred small venues for his "solo" work? sorry this is unrelated to the original thread....

eternal light, where are you getting the info of tour dates for plant/krauss? i am a bit surprised to see mad sq grdn on the roster. i thought plant preferred small venues for his "solo" work? sorry this is unrelated to the original thread....

Most all of the unconfirmed dates are from the fans wish list, and are not necessarily limited to Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. Some of the dates reflect the fans thinking outside of the box.

;)

Jimmy was born in Heston, Middlesex (not far from Heathrow Airport) - he and his family moved to Epsom when Jimmy was around primary school age.

Robert Plant is from the West Midlands, I think it's West Bromwich to be precise. Not sure exactly where Bonzo is from, other than that he's also from the West Midlands. [For the benefit of non UK based fans - not trying to be patronising here! ... the West Midlands is an area in the centre of England, and encompasses the city of Brimingham, which is either the second or third largest city in the UK, depending on who you talk to! Other large towns in the West Midlands are Wolverhampton (RP is a supporter of Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club), Walsall and West Bromwich - pronounced "brom - itch" (I wonder why they all seem to begin with W?!)]

JPJ is from Epsom. Epsom is in the south of England, not that far from London.

Hope this helps! And no, I'm not a geography teacher!!! :D

"The Northerners"

Robert Plant was born in Bromwich, Staffordshire, England. His parents resided on Trinity Road in West Bromwich.

John Bonham was born in Redditch, Worcestershire, England.

"The Southerners"

Jimmy Page was born in Heston, Middlesex, England at the Grove Nursery on Grove Road.

John Paul Jones was born in Sidcup, Kent, England.

• 3 weeks later...
I read jimmy's bio a little bit and ill read the others when I get to it.

This is a hard question.

I read an interview that Jimmy gave to Guitar world magazine. He said that he was from Surry, and that he, Jeff Beck, and Eric clapton lived within a 3-mile radious from each other. He also said that Jeff Beck's sister went to school with Jimmy, and she told Jeff about this bloke who played guitar, and the rest is history! I don't know about the other guys, but I sure would like to find out.

I read an interview that Jimmy gave to Guitar world magazine. He said that he was from Surry, and that he, Jeff Beck, and Eric clapton lived within a 3-mile radious from each other. He also said that Jeff Beck's sister went to school with Jimmy, and she told Jeff about this bloke who played guitar, and the rest is history! I don't know about the other guys, but I sure would like to find out.

Beck, Clapton, and Page are jokingly called the Surrey (guitar) mafia in fact. Surrey is a county just to the southwest of London, and Epsom, where Jimmy grew up, is a town in it.

I have spoken to a lady who used to travel on a train with Jimmy Page, from Epsom, she said at a very young age it was fun everyday, to travel on the train and be entertained with him playing his guitar. Everyday the teacher took it off him and everday at the end of the day it was given back to him,just a story I heard.

Archived