Jimmy Page's hands size

emilxert

That is weird. But iWanna know. It isn't yet possible for me to travel to LA to figure it out myself, so I hoped I'd find someone here. Perhaps there are even ppl, who compared their hands to his prints. In last case the whole thing would be whole lotta easier!

Hey, pals. Seen Jimmy's hand prints in Hollywood and wondered if anyone knows, what his hands length is and middle finger in particular. MF looks like 8.5-9 cm, doesn't it?

Since I've been looking at more photos and videos, I've noticed that Page has long arms, big hands with long fingers, and long legs...Kirk Hammett and probably a lot of other professional guitarists have similar builds. I know my short fingers (even for a woman) mean I will never be a really good guitarist :(.

Are you thinking of buying Page a pair of gloves?

http://gitbuddy.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/image_009.jpg

This guy's complete hand is 18,5 cm long. MF is about 8-8,5 cm. Forget the hand, look at the fingers. They aren't completely inserted into this print, which points out that the difference between this guys MF and Jimmy's is nothing more than 0,5 cm. Thus Jimmy's MF is about 9 cm long, which isn't outstandingly long. I'd say average. Any thoughts?

This is why I love this board. You learn all kinds of kinda weird stuff about the guys. JP's MF length. Not strange at all that emilxert would know this. We even, through very reliable sources, know exactly what articles of clothing each member of the band wore at every concert and also what they wore to and from the airport to get to and go from each concert.

LLH: LOL I'm glad you admitted to it, I was wondering myself...MF...WTF?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, pals. Seen Jimmy's hand prints in Hollywood and wondered if anyone knows, what his hands length is and middle finger in particular. MF looks like 8.5-9 cm, doesn't it?

i would love to find out too. oh yes

• 1 month later...

Ok, I finally got almost precise data.

Fretting hand length from bottom to the top of the MF: 19 cm.

Index: around 7,5-6 cm;

MF: not more than 8,5 cm;

Ring: weird digit ratio on the fretting hand, max 7,8-8 cm;

Pinky: 6,5-6 max.

Thumb was the most difficult to figure out, but not longer than 7 cm.

Fingers aren't superlong at all. That photo with his hands resting on his knees isn't extraordinary. His fingers were super-thing then, which creates sort of an optical illusion.

But in regards to the palm breadth - it is enormous: 10,3 cm. Ok, now this thread is totally done :-).

Archived