Jimmy Page solo album "No Progress"

royalrumpus

Found this today on Billboard:

Q Prime co-founder Peter Mensch behind the wheel during a Q&A on Reddit. A photo with a sign that says “Reddit” is one way AMA participants provide proof of identity required by Reddit for an “Ask Me Anything” Q&A.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/1558877/q-prime-goes-to-reddit-to-answer-questions-about-led

"Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page is busy finding never-before-heard recordings for an upcoming Led Zeppelin box sets and has made "no progress" on his forthcoming solo album."

Jimmy is a clever man who has been promoting led zeppelin in his own pecliar way since he and plant split in 98. There is no solo project, never was one. It's his way of keeping people hooked in. Roger Daley said it best "what a waste of talent".

Funny how Jimmy had us thinking that his solo album was "In Progress" and would certainly be released at some point this year.

But as some of you mentioned - he has been saying that for quite some time.

Don't know what his end game is - we are all very interested in any un-released Zeppelin stuff he might have so he doesn't need

to keep us on our feet by saying he's got some solo material ready to go as well. Hmm, just drives me crazy when I know

th guy is a treasure worth hearing from.

oh well...he's searching for never-before-heard zep material and that sounds FANTASTIC to me. If he does make time for a solo album, then great, if he doesnt then thats okay too. As long as he is doing something and isnt slowly fading into oblivion then im not too worried. Must be so interesting to sort through all the old zep stuff that may have been unearthed

oh well...he's searching for never-before-heard zep material and that sounds FANTASTIC to me.

That's the really story here (although it's been anticipated for some time). It remains to be seen how many studio outtakes, alternate takes, and alternate mixes he chooses to include on the Led Zeppelin re-releases...how much of it is not already in circulation on bootlegs and how much he can keep from being leaked ahead of time.

Jimmy is a clever man who has been promoting led zeppelin in his own pecliar way since he and plant split in 98. There is no solo project, never was one. It's his way of keeping people hooked in. Roger Daley said it best "what a waste of talent".

Did you mean "Roger Daltrey" in the above post?

Love the man but Jimmy looks silly, imo. It would be one thing if he never brought the solo project up, but Jimmy has been mentioning this project for almost ten years now.

He finally has his priorities straight, if you ask me! :P

Roger Daley said it best "what a waste of talent".

The meteorologist? :P

Honestly, I think it's a good thing that Jimmy/Led Zeppelin hasn't become like The Who of late.

• 2 months later...

This was shared on facebook. Supposedly this has been leaked from Jimmy's upcoming solo album. Does anyone know anything more about this? It features DJ Shadow, but I can hear him. It sounds interesting.

http://youtu.be/sC_9-eMqNvo

Fake. This was posted over at RO a few weeks back. There is no way this is real.

Since "no progress" is in quote, I assume it's the title of one the songs of his upcoming solo album...

that's what it sounds like to me, especially since he ends by saying "on his forthcoming solo album" .

I may come off as jaded and pessimistic, but I think the majority of what Jimmy Page says in interviews is complete horse shit. Even going back to the 70's when he was discussing putting together a live album spanning their career so far. The guy, while I love the majority of his work, I'm tired of hearing his bullshit. he loves to play it all coy and mysterious. That may have been cool in the 70's , but all that has expired with time. Put up or shut up and I'd rather he just shut the fuck up, put the re-issues on the shelf( which I think are going to be another disappointing cash grab at this point) and then go into seclusion tickling Robb Halfords ball sack. Fuck that arrogant bastard.

I may come off as jaded and pessimistic, but I think the majority of what Jimmy Page says in interviews is complete horse shit. Even going back to the 70's when he was discussing putting together a live album spanning their career so far. The guy, while I love the majority of his work, I'm tired of hearing his bullshit. he loves to play it all coy and mysterious. That may have been cool in the 70's , but all that has expired with time. Put up or shut up and I'd rather he just shut the fuck up, put the re-issues on the shelf( which I think are going to be another disappointing cash grab at this point) and then go into seclusion tickling Robb Halfords ball sack. Fuck that arrogant bastard.

Nice post! :redcard::smack:

Agreed.

Archived