Jimmy Page solo album "No Progress"

royalrumpus

Jimmy Page on his new album: 'I've written it myself, but the access point was from other cultures.'

BBC News reporter Kirsty Lang says that she heard Jimmy Page's new album was a collection of 'found music and field recordings.'

https://twitter.com/LedZepNews/status/283654662358446080

Well perhaps this will actually happen. First need a confirmation such as a primary source like Jimmy himself or his manager Peter Mensch.

How did my question become this sniping? :o I believe him that he' s working on something. Perhaps that sample is real. We will find out. :)

To me that sample seems real. It certainly sounds like him. Reminds me a bit of "Rude World". Same type of sound and tone perhaps. Let's hope it's on the horizon and coming soon. This may be just a first mix. Not sure if vocals will be added or just an instrumental piece. Either way I like it and it's not confirmed yet that it's from Jimmy Page.

To me that sample seems real. It certainly sounds like him. Reminds me a bit of "Rude World". Same type of sound and tone perhaps. Let's hope it's on the horizon and coming soon. This may be just a first mix. Not sure if vocals will be added or just an instrumental piece. Either way I like it and it's not confirmed yet that it's from Jimmy Page.

I like it too. I also think it may be real. I just realized that the 14th is the 2nd anniversary of his website. I too am hoping that something will be soon.

Why would Jimmy Page record his long-awaited album with DJ Shadow? This is just nonsense, and that video is a fake.

As Superdave said, it may not be complete, if in fact it is Jimmy. To be honast, I also question that.

I may come off as jaded and pessimistic, but I think the majority of what Jimmy Page says in interviews is complete horse shit. Even going back to the 70's when he was discussing putting together a live album spanning their career so far. The guy, while I love the majority of his work, I'm tired of hearing his bullshit. he loves to play it all coy and mysterious. That may have been cool in the 70's , but all that has expired with time. Put up or shut up and I'd rather he just shut the fuck up, put the re-issues on the shelf( which I think are going to be another disappointing cash grab at this point) and then go into seclusion tickling Robb Halfords ball sack. Fuck that arrogant bastard.

This does come across as pretty harsh, but largely accurate. The boxed sets will be nothing but remastererd originals, and some studio outtakes we've mostly heard. Maybe some live versions. If you recall, a major critique of Coda was it's short length, why not a double or triple album? Page replied "people think there were vaults of unused songs hanging around, that's not the case. We pretty much used everything we had". So yeah, they'll be disappointing, but prob sell robustly. Go figure. It's embarrassing to see him going on like this whe he has so muc talent.

Okay, I can understand your frustration that Page has repeatedly referred to a solo album that he has yet produced for over a decade. However, I fail to understand what Judas Priest's former front man has to do with anything.

I may come off as jaded and pessimistic, but I think the majority of what Jimmy Page says in interviews is complete horse shit. Even going back to the 70's when he was discussing putting together a live album spanning their career so far. The guy, while I love the majority of his work, I'm tired of hearing his bullshit. he loves to play it all coy and mysterious. That may have been cool in the 70's , but all that has expired with time. Put up or shut up and I'd rather he just shut the fuck up, put the re-issues on the shelf( which I think are going to be another disappointing cash grab at this point) and then go into seclusion tickling Robb Halfords ball sack. Fuck that arrogant bastard.

Oh relax Cooks - for the love of horses who cares if someone missed an earlier post!

For Heaven's sake! Watchdog...crap.

You could have posted this on the thread about Peter Mensch's AMA here

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/19924-peter-mensch-on-reddit-now

Or perhaps this thread about the solo album

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/18540-jimmy-winding-us-up-again

This quote reflects a fan's true frustration. Harsh? Yes! But we have all felt to some degree the real disappointment with Jimmy's continual press

statements on his "upcoming or on-going" projects over many, many years. And here we are - with another disappointment.

CSH1127 just got his off his back.

This was shared on facebook. Supposedly this has been leaked from Jimmy's upcoming solo album. Does anyone know anything more about this? It features DJ Shadow, but I can hear him. It sounds interesting.

http://youtu.be/sC_9-eMqNvo

Imagine if this track is just a studio rough take...add some live drums or maybe a more complex drum loop from

Martin Meissonnier and a more aggressive guitar riff from Jimmy and that track could be pretty damn good!

Can the synth keyboards in it be from JPJ? It does have a "No Quarter-ish circa 2013" sound and feel to it....hmmm.

This quote reflects a fan's true frustration. Harsh? Yes! But we have all felt to some degree the real disappointment with Jimmy's continual press

statements on his "upcoming or on-going" projects over many, many years. And here we are - with another disappointment.

CSH1127 just got his off his back.

Yes, I get this. But why drag Rob Halford into it?

I personally think your post comes off as more stupid and ignorant on your part.

I realize We all have our likes and dislikes, opinions and beliefs, but to come out and say what you say and then sum up your post with, "Fuck that arrogant bastard" (your own words directed toward Jimmy Page) is a very disrespectful statement to make.

And your even more equally inane comment about some singer and/or photographers anatomy (you cannot even get that right) proves to me that you have NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! (You say you meant Ross Halfin but you typed Rob Halford). Only an ignorant fool who seems to know little about Led Zeppelin would make such a statement and still be wrong (and misinformed) like you seem to be.

?Exactly what do you disagree with in CSH1127's comment

Everything I just posted.

(Hypothetically), if he, Me, or You met ever met Jimmy Page, would you say the same things that he posted, to the Man himself? I know that I would not and never.

Would you tell Jimmy Page to "put up or shut up and I'd rather he just shut the fuck up?" I guess you might say this to Jimmy Page. That though would never enter my mind. Since you asked me this question, when I thought I made myself perfectly clear, I suppose that You would also say to Mr. Page that He should tickle Rob Halfords balls. I guess you would since you did not understand what I meant before. Do you comprehend now?

I would rather shake his hand and Thank Him for all the Great Music He has given Me and the whole world for Centuries to come.

(Hypothetically), if he, Me, or You met ever met Jimmy Page, would you say the same things that he posted, to the Man himself? I know that I would not and never.

This doesn't mean anything. You completely misunderstood CSH1127's post.

This doesn't mean anything. You completely misunderstood CSH1127's post.

It's hard to completely misunderstand, "Fuck that arrogant bastard," wouldn't you say? If you met Jimmy and approached respectfully and he told you to go F yourself, then I could understand "Fuck that arrogant bastard". But saying that because he hasn't delivered on a solo album yet? Uh, no.

Get some perspective. His career moves, or lack of them, are not aimed at YOU. He's nearly 70, he'll do what he wants when he wants.

It's hard to completely misunderstand, "Fuck that arrogant bastard," wouldn't you say? If you met Jimmy and approached respectfully and he told you to go F yourself, then I could understand "Fuck that arrogant bastard". But saying that because he hasn't delivered on a solo album yet? Uh, no.

Get some perspective. His career moves, or lack of them, are not aimed at YOU. He's nearly 70, he'll do what he wants when he wants.

Well said mstork!

Jimmy is a clever man who has been promoting led zeppelin in his own pecliar way since he and plant split in 98. There is no solo project, never was one. It's his way of keeping people hooked in. Roger Daley said it best "what a waste of talent".

Unless you and Page have been sliding around in the mud together, you have no evidence to say there has never been a solo project. Unfair statement, IMO.

And one might be able to say the same thing about Roger Daley, whoever that is. ;)

Archived