2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES - ROBERT PLANT PRESENTS THE SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS

sam_webmaster

PP - of course I will, and it's going to be very moving for me as soon as he starts singing LZ songs!

Chris, I echo PP's sentiments - get yourself together and see him somewhere! 40 years is too long! Scrimp, save, beg, steal (not really) borrow...just do it!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't had the opportunity to see Robert Plant, but fuck, does he sound amazing! It's like someone re-lit a fire in him. Maybe, Kennedy Center, "That was shit, this is how it's done."....? Whatever, doesn't really matter. Hey, even his band is awesome! Great guitarist. I've seen a couple of clips from the Electric Picnic festival, he blew me away...going to watch the full concert next opportunity I get!

Show them how it's done, Robert!!!!!

I haven't had the opportunity to see Robert Plant, but fuck, does he sound amazing! It's like someone re-lit a fire in him. Maybe, Kennedy Center, "That was shit, this is how it's done."....? Whatever, doesn't really matter. Hey, even his band is awesome! Great guitarist. I've seen a couple of clips from the Electric Picnic festival, he blew me away...going to watch the full concert next opportunity I get!

Show them how it's done, Robert!!!!!

MLE,

To me he has always had that fire...only the setlist changes, his unbelievable connection with his audience, his voice and the ability to "bring it" is constant.

If he gets within feasibility of you being able to see him live, GO!

As you can see from the YT vids you will not be disappointed!

I know, I am preaching to the choir!

:party: :party: :party: :party:

I think it has always been worth my efforts and sacrifices to see musical performers I love, and he is at the very top of my list! (Well, actually Jimmy is at the top of my list, but that's a whole other thread!). :D

Edited because of double quote...???

MLE,

To me he has always had that fire...only the setlist changes, his unbelievable connection with his audience, his voice and the ability to "bring it" is constant.

If he gets within feasibility of you being able to see him live, GO!

As you can see from the YT vids you will not be disappointed!

I know, I am preaching to the choir!

:party: :party: :party: :party:

I think it has always been worth my efforts and sacrifices to see musical performers I love, and he is at the very top of my list! (Well, actually Jimmy is at the top of my list, but that's a whole other thread!). :D

Edited because of double quote...???

You know what they say, it's better to have been quoted twice than to never have been quoted at all...errr, maybe I just made that up, lol.

I was talking more specifically about how he's performing the Led Zeppelin songs these days. My apologies for not making that clear enough. I once had tickets to see he and Alison Krauss, but mother nature worked against me, well, all of us, and the concert was CANCELLED! Oh well, I'd rather see him now anyway and trust me, I will see him and his band!

Thanks Bayougal!

:toast: - I know they're not wine glasses but they'll have to do.

Chris, I am concerned about you. If you don't go to one of Robert's concerts next time he tours, you will regret it the rest of your life. Come on girl, get on a jet plane and go!!

I know,what if I die and never see him!!!!!!! I really wish I would have been able to see him in the 70's with the band but now would be good too

• 1 month later...

^^Thanks Cookie. I hope SRV song - May I Have a Talk With You- gets posted.I bet it was incredible and sounds like you had a great time :peace:

Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters – review

Royal Albert Hall, London

Ian Gittens

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/nov/01/robert-plant-sensational-space-shifters-review

"This is a very invigorating time for me," says Robert Plant, who recently turned 65, prowling across stage with the wary grace of a tightrope walker in Cuban heels. "I can get on a bus and go anywhere for nothing!"

He is of pensionable age now, but Plant remains far from his musical dotage. At this late-night headline set for the Royal Albert Hall'sBluesFest, he ranges through a wildly eclectic sweep of material, from the Delta blues of Howlin' Wolf and Muddy Waters to gospel standards – and to a markedly unusual preponderance of Led Zeppelin numbers.

He remains a consummate interpreter of material. Backed by a prodigiously tight band, the intense Plant appears not just in thrall to his songs, but at the mercy of them, coaxing his gnarled vocal deep into the marrow of Joan Baez's Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You. Obscure bluesman Bukka White's Fixin' to Die is introduced as "a song I've been carrying under my arm since I was 14 years old".

Allergic to nostalgia, Plant has appeared utterly opposed to a Led Zeppelin reunion. Lately, though, he has been coyly hinting at a change of heart, and tonight half of the set is made up of Zep material. Juldeh Camara introduces new angles to Black Dog with his Gambian riti (a one-stringed fiddle), while Plant strips Four Sticks and What Is and What Should Never Be of their bluster and bombast to reveal the nimble songs that lie within.

He treads delicately and dexterously through Stevie Ray Vaughan's May I Have a Talk With You before unleashing his primal yowl on a thunderous Whole Lotta Love and a post-midnight encore strut through Zep's Rock and Roll. It's starting to look as if Robert Plant might fancy one last trip to the levee.

^^Thanks Cookie. I hope SRV song - May I Have a Talk With You- gets posted.I bet it was incredible and sounds like you had a great time :peace:

That song was part of the introduction to WLL so it's on the video there.

Other interesting things: A few lines from Nobody's Fault But Mine thrown into Fixin' To Die, and emphasis on the "I'm Gonna Crawl" line of If I Ever Get Lucky.

Hi PP, they didn't allow me to take pics cause I had an Ipad and was sitting in the arena, but they did allow me to take pics pre show...what can I say...I'm still walking on air...the naysayers who claim his voice is gone need to have their ears and heads examined! For me personally the highlight was that minute or so during "Spoonful" that he sang a verse from IMTOD, cause it's my favorite LZ song...I was hoping he'd do the whole thing but alas he didn't. He also made a joke about how he and the SSS were going to be the new Greatful Dead, LOL! He dedicated WLL to Mavis Staples. Percy was Percy, ever the cheeky, consummate performer, yet humbled by it all. I loved the way he introduced the history of most of the songs he sang, telling the audience about Bukka White, Robert Johnson and other Blues greats. I also met Truth and Beauty before & after the gig! And the RAH in itself...what a venue ( yes, RP did reference to the LZ days, saying "I remember this place...the flower pots here in the front".)

ETA: this was the stage from where I was sitting.

post-25488-0-63678300-1383954331_thumb.j

Archived