JUDAS PRIEST

• 2 weeks later...

The concert is out on Blu-ray May 28th in the US

51yoiw9oQPL._SY300_.jpg

Could be a good workout for the Home Theater System :bubble:

In May 2012, Judas Priest wrapped up their epic "Epitaph" world tour with a storming set at London's Hammersmith Apollo. The band, having announced that this would be their final large-scale world tour, celebrated their last and possibly final show with an incredible career-spanning set list that brought down the house. In addition to performing all their classics "Breaking The Law," "Living After Midnight" and "You ve Got Another Thing Comin'" the Priest dug deep into their catalog, performing at least one song from each of their albums, which rounded off their 23-song set list.

Now, one year later, this legendary set will be released on DVD, BluRay and digital long form video by Legacy Recordings (US). The Epitaph captures Priest's electrifying over the top metal onslaught and is proof they are still at the top of their game after 40 years of headbanging. 140 minutes

1. Heading Out to the Highway
2. Victim of Changes
3. Diamonds and Rust
4. Beyond the Realms of Death
5. The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)
6. Breaking the Law
7. The Hellion
8. Hell Bent for Leather
9. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
10. Battle Hymn
11. Rapid Fire
12. Metal Gods
13. Judas Rising
14. Starbreaker
15. Never Satisfied
16. Prophecy
17. Night Crawler
18. Turbo Lover
19. The Sentinel
20. Blood Red Skies
21. Painkiller
22. Electric Eye
23. Living After Midnight

The Band talks about the Hammersmith Concert:

Edited by The Rover

The concert is out on Blu-ray May 28th in the US

51yoiw9oQPL._SY300_.jpg

Could be a good workout for the Home Theater System :bubble:

In May 2012, Judas Priest wrapped up their epic "Epitaph" world tour with a storming set at London's Hammersmith Apollo. The band, having announced that this would be their final large-scale world tour, celebrated their last and possibly final show with an incredible career-spanning set list that brought down the house. In addition to performing all their classics "Breaking The Law," "Living After Midnight" and "You ve Got Another Thing Comin'" the Priest dug deep into their catalog, performing at least one song from each of their albums, which rounded off their 23-song set list.

Now, one year later, this legendary set will be released on DVD, BluRay and digital long form video by Legacy Recordings (US). The Epitaph captures Priest's electrifying over the top metal onslaught and is proof they are still at the top of their game after 40 years of headbanging. 140 minutes

1. Heading Out to the Highway

2. Victim of Changes

3. Diamonds and Rust

4. Beyond the Realms of Death

5. The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)

6. Breaking the Law

7. The Hellion

8. Hell Bent for Leather

9. You've Got Another Thing Comin'

10. Battle Hymn

11. Rapid Fire

12. Metal Gods

13. Judas Rising

14. Starbreaker

15. Never Satisfied

16. Prophecy

17. Night Crawler

18. Turbo Lover

19. The Sentinel

20. Blood Red Skies

21. Painkiller

22. Electric Eye

23. Living After Midnight

The Band talks about the Hammersmith Concert:

It is very close tie for me who My favorite Heavy Metal band is. Judas Priest or Iron Maiden. I know that Priest were a great working band before Iron Maiden had yet to be formed. Hell, Judas Priest even supported Led Zeppelin back in 1977 in San Francisco when Led Zeppelin were playing, what would become, their final United States performances. So, Led Zeppelin and Judas Priest have some "history" together.

As for this new dvd coming out by Judas Priest, They left off two of the greatest Priest tracks of all-time (in my opinion):

"Screaming for Vengeance":

and:

Edited by kingzoso

It is very close tie for me who My favorite Heavy Metal band is. Judas Priest or Iron Maiden.

Ha.

Back when I was getting hardcore into older music I asked my dad (who pretty much saw everyone who was great from '68-'78) about them and he said "they sucked". Years later when I finally got into them*, and I slipped some of their tunes in his mp3 player and he told me he liked the stuff...and he asked who are they? I told him it was maiden and priest, and I was like WTHell, you said you didn't like them years ago?

He says "like them? I never heard them! i thought they were a religious band and a chick band!

:slapface:

*thanks to metallica covering bits of their tunes (i was collecting their live bootlegs). hilariously, it was dad who converted me to metallica (took the dive cause he liked the 'Justice' album cover)!

It is very close tie for me who My favorite Heavy Metal band is. Judas Priest or Iron Maiden. I know that Priest were a great working band before Iron Maiden had yet to be formed. Hell, Judas Priest even supported Led Zeppelin back in 1977 in San Francisco when Led Zeppelin were playing, what would become, their final United States performances. So, Led Zeppelin and Judas Priest have some "history" together.

As for this new dvd coming out by Judas Priest, They left off two of the greatest Priest tracks of all-time (in my opinion):

"Screaming for Vengeance":

and:

This Press Release may help to explain why SFV was left out, although I would have included it and FB instead of some others in the set, but they were trying take at least one from each album....

http://judaspriest.com/Epitaph-Cinema/Press-Release-Epitaph-Cinema.pdf

• 7 months later...

IMO... Greatest Metal band ever.... and proud to be considered Metal..

Some bumps in the road.. Turbo, Ram it Down,, But Painkiller more than made up for it.

Turbo's my favorite to drive to. Although I must admit I'm not a huge fan but i do have a greatest hits CD.

Edited by borrowed time

Never mind 'Metal', Judas Priest are probably the greatest heavy rock band ever IMO. They are also the best live band I have ever seen. And yes, I have seen Led Zeppelin.

When a man is tired of Priest, he is tired of life.

Wow, I never thought I would hear someone say that Priest were a better live compared to Zeppelin. That is a big statement