JUDAS PRIEST

I haven't got the new album yet but the couple of tracks I've heard I like. I will be seeing them at Barclays Center in Brooklyn in October- first time seeing Priest & looking forward to it!

It's a good album Stargroves, if you like Priest you will like this album.

I have never seen Priest live myself, I hope you enjoy the show when they come to New York.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw them on the current tour and found the difference between Glen Tipton and Richie Faulkner to be extreme on stage. Richie, the new guy works every song hard. Working for crowd participation and putting on a show. Glen Tipton (and Rob Halford) seem in much more of a basking in the glow of what they've accomplished mode. Good show with great songs but not a great show. I think metal bands need to bring a hunger to the stage and I don't think that's Priest at this point in time. Sure didn't stop my from spinning some Priest last night though. Still and always will love that band.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I've always found Priest's 70s material (up to and including Stained Class) to be far superior to anything they've put out since. Not that they didn't have some good songs afterward, but most of their 80s stuff was more about "rocking out" and "partying" as opposed to being complex or dark. It's catchy but it doesn't require a whole lot of thought. Songs like Epitaph, Heroes End, or Sinner are way more interesting both lyrically and musically than, say, Breaking the Law, imo.

Anyways, I digress. Here's a song that has one of my favorite vocal performances ever:

• 3 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:51 PM, ZepHead315 said:

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I've always found Priest's 70s material (up to and including Stained Class) to be far superior to anything they've put out since. Not that they didn't have some good songs afterward, but most of their 80s stuff was more about "rocking out" and "partying" as opposed to being complex or dark. It's catchy but it doesn't require a whole lot of thought. Songs like Epitaph, Heroes End, or Sinner are way more interesting both lyrically and musically than, say, Breaking the Law, imo.

Anyways, I digress. Here's a song that has one of my favorite vocal performances ever:

I'm with you ZepHead315, their 70's material is much more special, though I like the post 70's material also, the 70's material had a different feel and atmosphere to the songs. I have all their albums except for the Ripper Owens ones.