Both are very strong. But frankly, the two combined offer some of the best ZEP did in 1975.

I would say the first hour of May 25 is exceptionaly tight. Although I find it hard to pick one of the two great IMTODs. Hard pushed, I'd probably chose 24th, since the audio and performance on DVD are so breathtaking

No Quarter, Trampled and Dazed are stronger on the 24th setlist, as does Stairway (IMHO). Moby Dick is tedious ...sorry.

May25 wins by margin in the encore section.

I'm not a big fan of the 1975 Acoustic set, but since Jimmy prefered 25 for DVD, I guess that must be the winning night. Judging by the spectacular sound quality on the official 2003 DVD I would die for a 3CD Earls Court compilation. The multi tracks do exist, so why the hesitation?

I ultimately decided on on the 24th show because of the two available DVDs the 25th show DVD had very bad reviews overall.(in terms of audio and DVD quality).

Oh man, where to begin...the solo from "Ten Years Gone" from the 1979 Copenhagen rehearsal shows is certainly awesome, not so much in its technicality or blazing speed, but more in the raw emotion that Jimmy is so good at throwing down. Jimmy's cover of Chopin's "Prelude" from the ARMS shows also has this same emotional quality, as well as his "Since I've Been Loving You" from the 95/98 tours. For ripping fast Jimmy Page, "As Long as I Have you" from almost any show pre-1970 stands out, almost any version of "Achillies Last Stand" is really good, "The Song Remains the Same" from the Millard Tapes is ridiculous, and so isn't "Live in Peace" from the Firm's second album "Mean Business." However, my absolute favorite Jimmy solo will always be the "Stairway" solo from TSRTS. That solo is hands down the best guitar solo I have ever heard.

25th. I myself was planning to start a topic on this too. I go for the 25th because Bonzo definitely seems to be more energetic on this night as is Jimmy. Plus the SBD for the 25th has the added benefit of not having the drums sound quiet and distant like the SBD for the 24th. Although the 'Dazed' from the 24th is better, as is the Whole Lotta Love jam.

Archived