Reunion Questions

JaredR59

At what point do you think a Led Zeppelin reunion could be completely ruled out? Such as if the members become too old.

What about the possibility of a new album instead of a reunion concert.

• 2 weeks later...

At what point do you think a Led Zeppelin reunion could be completely ruled out? Such as if the members become too old.

Not too many bands follow the "too old" thing anymore. Look at The Rolling Stones. I don't think that would be a main factor in the near future. But as others have said, we've seen this topic before. It might be wise to raise the question in a thread that's already been started about a Zeppelin reunion.

Page is 4 1/2 years older than Plant so Page is in the Rolling Stones age group (though Wood is nearer Plant's age)- a lot of groups tour on their 50th anniversaries , that would make in 2018 Plant the same age as Page/Rolling Stones are now ,Page would be 74 , the current age of Ian Hunter who's still touring , but he would n't have half the work rate and set time of Page in Led Zeppelin set - Leonard Cohen is nearly 80 and still going -

Let me put it this way: Led Zeppelin ended in 1980. John Bonham is irreplaceable.

Reunion won't happen.

I just can't understand why some people cannot wrap their heads around the fact that the three members obviously have other interest at heart currently. Supposition on my part , but I think they each get a bit of joy taking the piss/ being aggravated when asked the question of a reunion. JPJ and RP seem very happy with where they are in their musical careers/ lives now and JP has really just become the bearer of the torch to preserve and keep the Led Zeppelin "brand" as relative as possible. The three will never re-unite again as a band (other than maybe another one off deal and that's pushing it). Fucking get used to it or get over it. I would kindly suggest the latter.

I just can't understand why some people cannot wrap their heads around the fact that the three members obviously have other interest at heart currently. Supposition on my part , but I think they each get a bit of joy taking the piss/ being aggravated when asked the question of a reunion. JPJ and RP seem very happy with where they are in their musical careers/ lives now and JP has really just become the bearer of the torch to preserve and keep the Led Zeppelin "brand" as relative as possible. The three will never re-unite again as a band (other than maybe another one off deal and that's pushing it). Fucking get used to it or get over it. I would kindly suggest the latter.

I think some posters see other "classic rock era" bands out touring and refuse to accept that Led Zeppelin won't be one of them.

while the topic is :beat: notetheless the sentiment and deisre that kindles the wonder is still heartfelt for many especially as new fans come alongside. It a worthwhile question chewed and reviewed for decades. I did not see the O2 coming. The cynic in me tells me to count it as loss, accept the sense of hurt and missing out and move on. For me, its not a question of capacity, rather, only a question of "want to" and timing. I admire them for not diluting the band and making common what is so singularly uncommon in music and performance.

Not true at all, have you ever seen him?????

Ian Hunter no I have not seen him , He's played the Holmfirth Picturedome twice recently , And I have been tempted ,Likewise when he used to play the irish centre leeds quite a lot, These venues are not know for acts playing not much more than one hour sets ...he was around 74 though when Mott The Hoople reformed .......4 years older than Page will be next year

one of the problems with comparing a zeppelin reunion against the stones and the who etc, that continue to play into their old age is that when they announce a tour or album it's just a continuum, not a grand reunion of something that ended decades ago, which is a whole different thing

immaterial post really as it's not going to happen anyway, which is fine by me

ian hunter is still playing and pretty much always has done. he doesn't do half arsed gigs either, he does them because he still enjoys them and not because he's chasing the limelight, rather than some acts who seemingly trundle on pocketing money way past heir sell by date

At what point do you think a Led Zeppelin reunion could be completely ruled out?

September 25th, 1980 & December 4th, 1980 - If anyone needs to be reminded of why these dates are important, then you really don't know this band!

Archived