Rod Stewart thread

weslgarlic

Rod Stewart has scored his first UK number one album for 34 years, going straight to the top with his LP, Time.

Time is Stewart's first album of new material for two decades and was inspired by the process of writing his recent autobiography.

It entered the chart ahead of singer-songwriter Gabrielle Aplin's debut album English Rain, which is a new entry at number two.

Vampire Weekend's third album Mod

It's got some excellent reviews

He's in radio 2 TV concert (repeat rolling play ) on the BBC interactive red button in the UK ,FREEVIEW 301 , It maybe available online at bbc.co.uk

I was looking for something strong out of it but I didn't hear it so that surprises me. But there is a couple if you repeated them over and over again I guess they could grow on you. If it wasn't Rod Stewart and a no name, it would be hard to fawn over it. Remember when you used to listen to a song for the 1st time and wanted more?

• 4 years later...

Rod Stewart and Cyndi Lauper Begin 2017 Tour : Set List and Video

By Jeff Giles July 7, 2017

Rod Stewart and Cyndi Lauper are off on their 2017 tour, with the co-headlining trek's opening date in Hollywood, Fla,. (July 6, 2017) now on the books.

As previously reported , the pair is booked together throughout the rest of the month and into August, they're scheduled to deliver 18 dates in all, wrapping up the tour on the 12th of next month with a show in Houston. Lauper and Stewart's itinerary next takes them to Tampa, where they're booked for a performance on July 8.

Sadly for fans in parts of the world not covered by this tour, there aren't any plans for Lauper and Stewart to continue their run. Stewart is already booked for his next live leg, dubbed Rod Stewart: The Hits, which will see him settling in for eight shows at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas between Aug. 18 and Sept. 3. Lauper, meanwhile, has signed on to deliver the songs for a new stage musical version of the hit 1988 film Working Girl. Take a look at fan-shot footage from the show here, and look over Stewart's complete set list from the tour opener below.

Rod Stewart, Hard Rock Live, Hollywood, Fla., 7/6/17

"Infatuation"

"Love Train"

"Some Guys Have All the Luck"

"Tonight's the Night (Gonna Be Alright)"

"You Wear It Well"

"Forever Young"

"Can't Stop Me Now"

"Young Turks"

"Rhythm of My Heart"

"Downtown Train"

"The First Cut Is the Deepest"

"Reason to Believe"

"You're in My Heart (The Final Acclaim)"

"Have I Told You Lately"

"Maggie May"

"Hot Legs"

"Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?"

"Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think)"

Ultmate Classic Rock

8 hours ago, in_the_evening said:

Hard to believe the same guy who did "Maggie May" goes on to do crap like "Do You Think I'm Sexy".  

He sure had some hits though.  His earlier stuff is way better.

I love the early stuff, his first four solo albums, the two Jeff Beck albums, (the) Faces albums, all great, then along came Smiler, that was the end for me.

2 hours ago, JTM said:

I love the early stuff, his first four solo albums, the two Jeff Beck albums, (the) Faces albums, all great, then along came Smiler, that was the end for me.

In A Broken Dream too is a great song too, with Python Lee Jackson.

I think he was making decent enough music up until Blondes Have More Fun in 1978 although I wasn't around at the time & you can see things definitely took a bit of a nose dive around the time Smiler came out.

Rod is one of those artists where you think "great voice, shame about the choice of material". Similar to (in a completely different genre) Alicia keys, who wastes a great soul voice on "contemporary" R&B sh**

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...