Bear in mind that this version, whilst it is great, was recorded in 2007 and hence with very modern technology so it is going to sound better than stuff recorded in the 70s. Personally my favourite version of Kashmir is probably the 21/6/77 version.

Knebworth doesn't even come into it for me.

Bear in mind that this version, whilst it is great, was recorded in 2007 and hence with very modern technology so it is going to sound better than stuff recorded in the 70s. Personally my favourite version of Kashmir is probably the 21/6/77 version.

Knebworth doesn't even come into it for me.

Personally I prefer the 70s sound to the 2007 sound but still think the O2 performance was the best rendition of Kashmir I've ever heard.

I don't think JPJ's keys have ever sounded better than at the O2, obviously due to the modern technology. The hardest part for me listening to the old soundboards is the horribly harsh tone of the mellotron.

I think that 2:22 of the above video is the finest moment in all of the O2, that part that still gives me chills. The song as a whole was preformed very well and is one of the very best.

Well my first listen of the o2 gig was on a bootleg audience tape so i come from no bias. I think that Kashmir is a good rendition and one of the best songs they played that night. Now that aside, it is not there best, or even close IMO. As tom pointed out, just listen to the Eddie version, do it! Robert reaches to the stars with soaring vocals.

^ Actually, I hate endorsement deals but I actually think Page sounded better on Gibson only. The Danelectro had a unique sound but you just can't beat the Les Paul in my book.

A related question comes to mind. What guitar did Jimmy Page originally play on In My Time Of Dying? It wasn't that Gibson hollow body he played at the O2 was it?

Apparently, It's "Diddy" and Jimmy Page, y'all.

... performing for charity... I was very much into Jimmy's performance at NetAid.. whether with Puff Daddy - The Black Crowes and or especially this with the great Michael Lee..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder if jimmy page used that guitar in domino, posted above, on sons of freedom. Or maybe a tuned guitar for that lower register sound, like on, it might get loud. That is a great sound, domino or untitled, amazing song.

In regards to Kashmir, the shepperton version is very good too.

With zeppelin shows, when the bass pedals are too loud, it messes the song up in my op. it leaves me searching for that textured drone sound of the danelectro and it's just lost. On Dallas 75, from the early 90s cd, the bass drum is way too loud. I'm sure all those shows are corrected these days online.

Archived