Any Zeppelin Sights to Visit While In London?

Morning Folks,

I'll have about 5 days in London at the end of June. As much as I'd like to I wont have the time to get to Wales or Bron-Y-Aur.... but does anyone have any suggestions on Zeppelin sights you could do in a day while in London? I'll be staying in South Kensington & am really looking forward to the trip!

I was there in the mid-ninties & made my way to Cheltenham to visit Brian Jones grave site.

Thanks everybody!

If you conduct a search, you will find that this type of topic has been covered on a number of occasions on the forums. One that springs to mind is 'pilgrimage sites'. You could try the Royal Albert Hall and no 4 Holland Street which was the premises for The Equinox bookshop. These are both within easy commuting distance from South Kensington. If you've not managed to get access to Jimmy's expensive photo book, there is a reference copy in the British Library in Central London (email them for access beforehand, if you are interested.)

There is also The Marquee, the Roundhouse, Earls Court and the O2 - all venues played by the band.

Morning Folks,

comment_edit.png Edit

I'll have about 5 days in London at the end of June. As much as I'd like to I wont have the time to get to Wales or Bron-Y-Aur.... but does anyone have any suggestions on Zeppelin sights you could do in a day while in London? I'll be staying in South Kensington & am really looking forward to the trip!

I was there in the mid-ninties & made my way to Cheltenham to visit Brian Jones grave site.

Thanks everybody!

02 isnt really worth a visit, its a big corporate entertainment orribleness but they do have the BME http://www.britishmusicexperience.com/

head to China Town (first Zep jam took place here), Royal Albert hall (far more impressive than the 02)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tower_House JP crib

Camden ROundhouse

plus other non zep sites

Battersea Power Station

Hendrix house on BondSt

Lennons house in Montagu Sq

Abbey Road

100 club on Oxford St

too many to name man, enjoy my city

You'll be pretty near the Tower House, and the site of the Equinox Bookshop, and the UK Swan Song office. And the V&A museum, which has a fabulous stage suit made for Jimmy (but never, I think, worn). Don't waste your time on the 02 - there's nothing to see, it's utterly soulless.

Archived