Jimmy Attended The Wembley Journey Show

kenog

I know Neal is a huge Page fan, during his one man solo on the Raised on Radio Tour in 86' he played a few snippets from live D&C sections. I could not believe it when he did this and I guess there were many Zeppelin fans in attendance because quite a large number of the audience went ape shit when he played this, about two minuets worth I believe.

I saw that tour, he did a nice job with that solo. Enjoyed that show very much. Wouldn't see a "free show" of the current version of the band now. No Steve Perry, no 'Journey' - IMO.

On his schedule, if at all. Not ours.

Well - duh! We understand THAT! You didn't get the sarcasm intended with henrybonzo's comment..People are frustrated

with Jimmy's lack of info/product regarding the boxed sets supposedly to be released this year.

We are half way through 2013 and there has been zero news on Jimmy's latest "never-to-be" stated goals...zero.

Can you blame the sarcasm?

I didn't know that Journey could draw flies in the UK, much less headline Wembley. Truly, we're living in the end times.

It's a three band gig. There's definitely enough fans of the 3 of them to make this gig happen x

LedZepUFP

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I hope you don't mind if I copy the picture over to the Hot Pics of Jimmy thread. BTW it's really nice that Neal takes time out to reply to his fans on his Facebook page.

You're welcome!!! Don't mind at all...always great to share some Jimmy pics.

I didn't know that Journey could draw flies in the UK, much less headline Wembley. Truly, we're living in the end times.

Nothings changed there then. I saw Journey in 80 or 82 ( i can't remember exactly) when Pat Travers opened for them. By the 3rd number when we left, there was not very many people left in the hall. Pat was amazing as always

Also I know we haven't had the best of springs but why does Jimmy always wear a scarf?

Nothings changed there then. I saw Journey in 80 or 82 ( i can't remember exactly) when Pat Travers opened for them. By the 3rd number when we left, there was not very many people left in the hall. Pat was amazing as always

Also I know we haven't had the best of springs but why does Jimmy always wear a scarf?

A scarf is a part of his uniform: black jeans, black shirt, black leather jacket and a scarf. Maybe he can start wearing the plaid pants again for a much needed change...and a laugh. J/K

That's what I was thinking. Journey at Wembley Stadium in 2013? :blink:

thank Glee for the resurgence

Actually, you can blame The Sopranos. Journey's resurgence can be traced to the use of "Don't Stop Beliebing" in the very last scene in the very last episode of "The Sopranos".

After that is when Glee had their Journey episode and Don't Stop Believing became one of the biggest selling songs on iTunes.

Blech. :bagoverhead:

I've got a mental/physical barf on reserve where I picture the crowd swaying side to side with lighters held high going, "Nah,nah.. nahnah, nah... during "Loving, Touchin,' Squeezin."

Would appreciate confirmation that this did not occur, and the song wasn't played.

And I hope Jimmy had a great time....

That's what I was thinking. Journey at Wembley Stadium in 2013? :blink:

Actually, you can blame The Sopranos. Journey's resurgence can be traced to the use of "Don't Stop Beliebing" in the very last scene in the very last episode of "The Sopranos".

After that is when Glee had their Journey episode and Don't Stop Believing became one of the biggest selling songs on iTunes.

Blech. :bagoverhead:

You can blame X factor in the UK who had their artists singing the song before either of those ;)

The gig was Wembley Arena...not Wembley Stadium...big difference

Ok, that makes much more sense. You're right, there's a BIG difference between the two venues. Thanks for the clarification Dave.

Archived