Magic, Music, Religion and Psychotherapy

ScarletMacaw

Ello there...Sorry it has taken me so long to notice this lovely thread, better late than never I guess.

You should all check out the writings of Carlos Casteneda regarding the links between everything mentioned here. Casteneda was an anthropologist out of UCLA during the 60's who traveled to Mexico to study under a Yaqui Shaman. He describes in detail his inner journeys while under the influence of the Datura plant aided by his mentor and shaman Don Juan Matus. His works are the most complete on the subject of combing all elements which you brought up. Great stuff.

I believe there is a place where science & mysticism meet. We have yet to understand this but I believe quantum mechanics will eventually solve this riddle. Most likely a multi-dimensional universe will explain all we believe as "supernatural" to be very natural. Maybe possession is when a being from a parallel dimension somehow enters our dimension on a limited basis and must interact through a host so to speak. Maybe a ghost is just us seeing into another dimension we normally are not aware of and we in turn appear as ghosts to those in the other dimension. Who knows???

I was unaware multiple personalities make you walk backwards up walls, and levitate above beds.

Would you consider a Doctor, a priest, and a Captain of Police a close knit group who have never met each other, all from different cities, and counties a close knit group?

What kind of therapy would you to give to the Doctor, the psychologists, the Lake County Police Officer, the medical staff at the hospital, the DCS case social worker, and the Captain of Police from another county mentioned below, who never even met the family or each other?

Because it scared the spit out of them so much they ran out of that hospital room like babies, running to get security.

If that be the case, maybe psychologists and social workers are ill equipped to handle people with mental disorders.

"Twenty years, and I've never heard anything like that in my life "I was scared myself when I walked into the room. it was "bizarre." - Dr. Geoffrey Onyeukwu -

Willie Lee Walker "He walked up the wall, flipped over her and stood there," "There's no way he could've done that." - Registered Nurse , psychologists , Medical staff, Lake County police Officer

The youngest boy was "lifted and thrown into the wall with nobody touching him."- Dr. Geoffrey Onyeukwu , and DCS family case manager Valerie Washington, Medical staff, Lake County police Officer, 2 Gary Indiana Police Officers

Capt. Austin Gary, IN Police - "didn't believe in demons." changed his mind

"Photos snapped with his iPhone also seemed to have strange silhouettes in them. The radio in (his) police-issued Ford malfunctioned on the way home."

Later, Austin said the garage at his Gary home refused to open, even though the power was on everywhere else.

Capt. Austin said "the driver's seat in his personal 2005 Infiniti also started moving backward and forward on its own."

Austin said he found himself believing Ammons' claims

So if children levitate above their beds, and children are walking up walls backwards, this is multiple personality? If so, I want to know what their teaching in the schools since I took psych in college, years ago. :)

By the way, I think progressive muscle relaxation works very well. :yesnod: So long as I don't forget to get in a routine of doing it.

ASMR on youtube also rocked me to sleep, atleast until youtube decides to put a loud commercial at the end of the video! :mad: I guess ASMR would fall under Category 1 mentioned in post 1?

IpMan I'd also like to hear your honest sincere opinion of the link. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/27/family-possessed-seeks-exorcism/4939953/

EDIT to say: I think this is a wonderful thread! And thanks to Scarlet for starting it and for everyone who contributes. With the loss and tragedies I've had in my life I do go to counseling. PMR is really good. It seems there are many techniques I know not much about. The EMDR looks troubling to me. For someone to reprogram you? Would have to be someone you trust or you can be taking a huge risk.

Ello there...Sorry it has taken me so long to notice this lovely thread, better late than never I guess.

You should all check out the writings of Carlos Casteneda Great stuff.

Have been reading Paul Brunton's books a Search in Ancient India. I bought the 1936 first edition.

I believe there is a place where science & mysticism meet. We have yet to understand this but I believe quantum mechanics will eventually solve this riddle. Most likely a multi-dimensional universe will explain all we believe as "supernatural" to be very natural. Maybe possession is when a being from a parallel dimension somehow enters our dimension on a limited basis and must interact through a host so to speak. Maybe a ghost is just us seeing into another dimension we normally are not aware of and we in turn appear as ghosts to those in the other dimension. Who knows???

I believe you're onto something. Of course with this interaction of two worlds colliding, it would be difficult to provide necessary solutions to something we don't fully understand. Trial and error on whatever therapy works best with that one. Good luck.

Hey there buddy^^^

Don't be too freaked out by the EMDR, especially the R part. The R stands for reprocessing, not reprogramming. The eye movement by means of a strobe or laser pointer type device essentially cross wires two sections of the brain which do not normally interact. What happens is laymen's terms is it makes a person susceptible to suggestion, but ONLY suggestions which are acceptable to the patient. So, the therapist is not changing you, they are using your own will and desire to change to initiate change within you. This is why most EMDR sessions are standard talk therapy for the first few before they hit you with the EMDR part. You have to be wanting the changes otherwise it will not work. EMDR therapy has a success rate about 5 - 10% better than traditional de-sensitation and immersion therapies, not much greater but in science that is huge.

Talking about science, did I happen to mention psychology is considered a soft-science, that is it is very difficult to quantify via scientific method. Psychology is only about 120 years old and we really did not make much progress until the late 50's outside of classical conditioning and psychotherapy. The real WOW stuff did not happen until the 70's and we are still in the infancy of the discipline.

Regarding possession and exorcisms, well, TBH this is a real mystery and any doctor or scientist which dismisses these cases as dissociative or fugue episodes when they run out of true scientific evidence is no true scientist. There is SO much we do not know about medically & psychologically speaking in regards to the human condition. We still do not know nor understand what human consciousness is, have no concept or paradigm of self, or even know how simple anesthesia works or even why it works. No clue whatsoever, no shit. As far as I am concerned if a case of possible demonic possession were to present itself to me, and all scientific explanations were inadequate, I would suggest to the family to seek a priest, shaman, or whatever of their choice to possibly perform an exorcism. Why not? If nothing else worked what would they have to lose?

Do I believe in demons...no, I don't but that does not mean they do not exist it just means I have seen no concrete scientific evidence. Now, if I see some 12 year old kid walking up walls, levitating, defying the laws of physics in general all bets are off baby. If whatever is causing the suspension of the laws of the universe wants to call itself Pazuzu, Peter Pan, or Pinky Pony I sure as hell ain't gonna argue with it. And if reciting the Lords Prayer or a chant from the buddhist Book of the Dead cures the afflicted I would be good with that. Personally I have seen some crazy shit in my time to dismiss the supernatural or the power of certain occult rituals. In time there may be a scientific explanation but until then my mind is open to all possibilities.

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2016 at 9:53 AM, apantherfrommd said:

Vertigo. I suffer bouts of this. Is it physiological, neurological, psychological, or physical?

Can a chiropractor fix this? Or is there more to it?

Hi Andy! It could be low blood pressure or neurological. It could be due to an inner ear issue. Or it could be psychological. Unless it interferes with your life I wouldn't worry about it though.

Hi Miss Scarlet! Thank you.

Driving and working with patients, and getting these bouts are concerning. Anxiety is married to the dizziness. I'm not certain if it's a cause or effect.

The chiropractor visit went very well, but the world is still spinning, just not as harshly as yesterday. It is almost like hyperventilation. Could very well be psychological.

Thank you so much. I hope you're doing well and have a nice rest of the weekend.

Archived