Jimmy's laser trickery

flameofalbion

Apologies if this has been asked before (I hear some of you groaning already !)...

At Knebworth in '79, Jimmy did a stint with his bow, sitting amid a pyramid of green lasers. He appeared to be shooting (or maybe reflecting) lasers from the bow itself, over the heads of the crowd.

Does anyone know how this was done ?

I'm not a techy geek, so how does that fibre optic cable trick work, exactly ?

The laser (hired and operated by Showco), was generated and then transmitted by a fibre optic cable which was attached to Jimmy's bow, and out the end. Page points the laser, the technician turns it on and the laser comes out of the end of the bow.

The laser (hired and operated by Showco), was generated and then transmitted by a fibre optic cable which was attached to Jimmy's bow, and out the end. Page points the laser, the technician turns it on and the laser comes out of the end of the bow.

These days they could just embed the laser inside the bow like a laser pointer, although it wouldn't be as powerful.

Jimmy was being interviewed recently and laughed at how, at the time it was a big deal that they had a laser on tour with them, and how big the rig was, with water cooling etc etc, and how what came out was about the same strength beam as one of those pen lasers you buy for $5 at the shop

And every one noticed that, Jason was in Zep back in 79... :rolleyes:

http://home.flash.net/~ego/zep2.html

Looking at the stage from the audience. During sound check, the band was playing "Trampled Underfoot" so I walked out into the field to listen. Then I glanced over and noticed that Bonzo was standing next to me. "Who's playing drums?" "That's my son, Jason!" He said it was the first time he had ever seen Led Zeppelin!

Hey,

No way. Crowleys ghost does it and thats' the end of it "i" "i" "i".......

Shadow/

:blink::blink:

Archived