Big Head Todd and the Monsters

zepscoda

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Some minor new arrangements from the 2015 tour. Band was rocking and you can tell the dig playing this town. Todd is playing an array of different guitars from the past. One of the best crowds I've been apart of at a BHTM show, they really got down and into each tune, and the band fed off that....if I can find the set list somewhere I'll post it later. 

0116162131.jpg

0116162238a-1-1.jpg

0116162010~2.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What an amazing show...it was a beautiful evening despite the rain at the end. Looking out over the stage to the east  after the sun went down was stunning. Over the lights of Denver and it's sourounding towns there was lighting from an approaching storm and one town had a fireworks display well off to the south of Denver. ...

Set list thanks to BHTM Nation on Facebook:

1. Fame - (David Bowie cover)
2 Muhammad Ali   
3 These Days Without You
4 Everything About You
5 Dinner with Ivan   
6 Bittersweet
7 Flanders Fields  
8 Wipeout Turn
9 Fortune Teller  
10 Mind
11Angela Dangerlove
12 Riviera 
13 Resignation Superman
14 Broken Hearted Savior
15 Wearing Only Flowers 
16 Rock Steady
17 New World A Risin  
18 Cash Box  

encore: 
19 It's Alright  (with Hazel Miller)
20 Beautiful World (with Hazel Miller) 
21 Fly Like An Eagle (Steve Miller Band cover)

FB_IMG_1465738162111.jpg

0611162058a.jpg

0611162019a~2.jpg

0611161928-1~2.jpg

0611162210.jpg

Edited by zepscoda

• 4 months later...

The songs of Willie Dixon show is coming to the Strathmore next month for their Blues Festival. I know nothing of Big Head Todd, except that you like them zepscoda ( :) ).  I asked Mr ebk if he was interested and he said definitely maybe.  So we definitely may be going! :D 

10 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Hi zepscoda.  Is this Red Rocks amphitheater?  It looks amazing, I'd love to see a concert there.

Yes, it is Red Rocks. It's a very cool place...a physical workout for sure, lots of stairs and lower oxygen content in the air can make it challenging at times...lol...but a must see if you're up in the Denver area. It's a park, open to the public. If you go on a day when there's nothing scheduled, you can walk around the entire place!

10 hours ago, Ddladner said:

11 hours ago, ebk said:

The songs of Willie Dixon show is coming to the Strathmore next month for their Blues Festival. I know nothing of Big Head Todd, except that you like them zepscoda ( :) ).  I asked Mr ebk if he was interested and he said definitely maybe.  So we definitely may be going! :D 

EBK I think you guys will dig it...it's not your typical BHTM show. On this tour The Monsters are basically the backing band, but it's a awesome blues set. Here's a clip from a show last month...

Edited by zepscoda

2 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Yes, it is Red Rocks. It's a very cool place...a physical workout for sure, lots of stairs and lower oxygen content in the air can make it challenging at times...lol...but a must see if you're up in the Denver area. It's a park, open to the public. If you go on a day when there's nothing scheduled, you can walk around the entire place!

Sounds great, zepscoda!  I'll have to check out their concert calendar for 2017.  Sounds fun to walk around, too.  Thanks for the info. :)

• 1 month later...
On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Ddladner said:

Sounds great, zepscoda!  I'll have to check out their concert calendar for 2017.  Sounds fun to walk around, too.  Thanks for the info. :)

They just announced the 2017 Red Rocks show on their Facebook page:

We have a BIG summer announcement for you... We are excited to return to the legendary Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre with very special guest Collective Soul on June 10th, 2017!

Pre-sale Fan Club tickets will be available THIS MONDAY, December 12th at 10am MT at bigheadtodd.com/tour. 

Tickets will go on sale to general public on FRIDAY December 16th at 10am MT at www.AXS.com

FB_IMG_1481313706941.jpg

On 12/9/2016 at 2:04 PM, zepscoda said:

They just announced the 2017 Red Rocks show on their Facebook page:

We have a BIG summer announcement for you... We are excited to return to the legendary Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre with very special guest Collective Soul on June 10th, 2017!

Pre-sale Fan Club tickets will be available THIS MONDAY, December 12th at 10am MT at bigheadtodd.com/tour. 

Tickets will go on sale to general public on FRIDAY December 16th at 10am MT at www.AXS.com

FB_IMG_1481313706941.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing, zepscoda!  There is a full moon scheduled for June 10, 2017.  I'm hoping to see it from the beautiful Red Rocks Amphitheater. :) 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazing evening at Red Rocks Saturday night. As the band was jamming through the fourth  tune of the set, Resignation Superman , the Strawberry Moon began to rise above the horizon.  The pic I took turned out a little grainy,  but I posted it anyway. Perfect weather and the band was excellent . I have never seen that place so packed. 

Highlights :

Black Beehive & Josephine was the best versions I've seen live. 

Hazel Miller joining the band for Please Don't Tell Her and Rock Steady. Her vocals were better than ever!

Dedication of Midnight  Rider to Greg Allman 

Weaving the following cover tunes into Circle: Your Own Personal Jesus,  Land of the New Rising Sun, and Hey Joe

I can't wait for next June...lol..gotta get seats for the 2018 show.  I'm getting too old for  general admission. 

FB_IMG_1497229083888.jpg

20170610_222549.jpg

20170610_212613.jpg

20170610_220109.jpg

Edited by zepscoda