Julie Felix 75th anniversary concert - John Paul Jones to perform?

Janvier

American singer-songwriter Julie Felix will be celebrating her 75th birthday with a concert at London's Leicester Square Theatre, this Saturday, June 15.

Some preliminary informations indicate than John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin may be attending, perhaps joining Ms. Felix on stage to play mandolin.

"I will be singing quite a few songs on my own, but sharing the stage with me will be my good friend Madeline Bell of Blue Mink, "Jesus Christ Superstar" star Steve Balsamo and Rosalie Deighton from the Deighton family. As I mentioned before, The Avalonian Free State Choir from Glastonbury will be coming up from Somerset to sing a few songs with me. Hopefully John Paul Jones (of Led Zeppelin fame) will be able to come and play mandolin". (Source: http://www.juliefelix.com/)

john_paul_jones_and_julie_felix.jpg

Earlier today Ms. Felix tweeted:

I'm so happy! Just learned my friend #JohnPaulJones and his family will be at the concert Saturday. My best birthday present!!!

What about Jimmy; he could update his 04/70 version of White Mountainside/ Black Summer, and we could finally get a video without the infamous blurry lines through it. ( Shame that there's no way to repair the original; it would have been a nice bonus on the Zep DVD a few years back). Maybe he's waiting for the Davy Graham/ Bert Jansch tribute concert?

There's no way he'll resist the temptation to perform; this is wonderful.

Exactly.

What about Jimmy; he could update his 04/70 version of White Mountainside/ Black Summer, and we could finally get a video without the infamous blurry lines through it. ( Shame that there's no way to repair the original; it would have been a nice bonus on the Zep DVD a few years back). Maybe he's waiting for the Davy Graham/ Bert Jansch tribute concert?

I agree with you. Jimmy should've played at this gig.

Exactly.I agree with you. Jimmy should've played at this gig.

I also think Jimmy should have played at this too.

Archived