In advance of the Shrine Auditorium concert, there was a short but interesting Robert Plant interview in the LA Weekly that came out today, including reminiscences about the first time he came to Los Angeles and the Kennedy Center Honors. Click on the link for the article.

"This is me...how did this happen?"

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2013/06/robert_plant_shrine_los_angeles.php

Guess he's just looking for a 2013 perspective on the music Zeppelin brought back to North America in 1969 and wants to let his band,determine how it should sound today. I might be wrong about that but knowing he loves a challenge, I would say that considering who he's working with on this project.... this could grow into something very interesting. I'm quite disappointed that I won't be able to see him live in Woodinville Wash. but I dare say, I think this tour will definitely be something special and one that fans everywhere, should get out to see :yesnod:

he shows a lot of love for JPJ in this article. And gee, i coulda swore a lotta people were saying they had a falling out due to "body language" during Celebration Day's press releases :wtf:

Strange I remember all that bollocks too ;)

he shows a lot of love for JPJ in this article. And gee, i coulda swore a lotta people were saying they had a falling out due to "body language" during Celebration Day's press releases :wtf:

Strange I remember all that bollocks too ;)

Wait! Are we now saying that the seat one chooses doesn't dictate their entire life perspective??? :phone: lol

Most of those people spouting that nonsense are either gone now or are infrequent posters. Anyone claiming to read body-language from those pressers had as much validity as those hack palm-readers you see in corner mini-malls.

One of my favourite bits from the LA Weekly article was Robert explaining what he meant by the 'British Condition':

"If you compare Led Zeppelin to the U.S. bands of the time like The Electric Flag, we were like a train wreck. We masticated American music, grabbed it, and swung it around wildly, as kids do."

This encapsulates in a nutshell what it was that attracted me to Led Zeppelin in the first place, and why they immediately separated themselves from all the other blues-rock bands of the time. They didn't paint themselves into the blues purists corner. I mean, god love The Band but they kind of bored me after one or two listens. The same with Dylan's Basement Tapes.

Thanks for sharing that. Enjoy yourself Strider and I will be looking forward to your reviews!

How very kind of you, sir. Thank you. I intend on enjoying every inch of my summer with Percy. I hope likewise for you, if you are attending any of his shows.

I hope likewise for you, if you are attending any of his shows.

No I won't be doing any traveling to see him, although I want to see him this time around badly. Please give a big warm cheer for me for him.

Archived