Jimmy Page at the Lez Zeppelin show in London 14/06/2013

Cookie0024

All-female Led Zeppelin tribute band 'Lez Zeppelin' played at The Garage in Islington last night. Jimmy Page turned up to watch them play, and stuck around afterwards to meet some of the other bands there that night.

post-20091-0-60691900-1371288533_thumb.j

Great stuff James. It looks like he's got plenty of time on his hands.

All-female Led Zeppelin tribute band 'Lez Zeppelin' played at The Garage in Islington last night. Jimmy Page turned up to watch them play, and stuck around afterwards to meet some of the other bands there that night.

It's good to see that he's taking much interest in music. Attending various concerts, releasing box sets... Maybe studio album and tour are not that far away?

He's been attending other people's concerts for over a decade now without an album & tour of his own. Best to forget about it, it's over.

Cool! Bought a copy of their first CD...it's alright, but I've heard that they're a better live act.

It's good to see that he's taking much interest in music. Attending various concerts, releasing box sets... Maybe studio album and tour are not that far away?

Take it as you will, but Jimmy's manager said in his recent Reddit post that there was "No progress yet" on Jimmy's solo album.

What because he's visiting other people's concerts? So artists that still make music don't see other bands? What a stupid comment.

I totally agree, Stairway. It means nothing only that Jimmy is interested to see other artists still. I'm glad.

...a link to interview from Lez Zeppelin some time ago, now that Jimmy is seen Gracing "The Show of the Shows" (I can't even imagine myself sitting next to Jimmy, what would I do, watch the show, look at Jimmy, or dream about his scarf, too much all in one evening!!)

http://www.examiner.com/article/lez-zeppelin-keeping-the-flame-burning-bright

But perhaps even more notable is that they’ve garnered the seal of approval from the surviving members of the legendary British group, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones.

“They love it,” said Paynes. “When I first began the band, I wasn’t sure. I was a little worried that the guys would look at the name Lez Zeppelin and they would get all upset about it or not like the concept. But I thought that if they had any sense of humor and if they could understand that we’re doing this with the greatest respect and love, which is why I did it in the first place, it’s an uncontestable thing that when we get up there and play, it’s out of pure passion and love for the music and respect for it. And I figured if they don’t like that, then maybe I don’t even want to be doing this. But I had faith that they would, and of course they did. They all know about the band, and I’ve met them all now, and I’ve had the most wonderful encounters with them.”

Paynes, Lez Zeppelin’s guitarist, even admits to keeping cool when meeting her counterpart, Mr. Page.

“Maybe I was in a state of shock, I don’t know,” she said. “But I was actually very present and we had the greatest conversation. We hit it off.”

...a link to interview from Lez Zeppelin some time ago, now that Jimmy is seen Gracing "The Show of the Shows" (I can't even imagine myself sitting next to Jimmy, what would I do, watch the show, look at Jimmy, or dream about his scarf, too much all in one evening!!)

http://www.examiner.com/article/lez-zeppelin-keeping-the-flame-burning-bright

But perhaps even more notable is that they’ve garnered the seal of approval from the surviving members of the legendary British group, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones.

“They love it,” said Paynes. “When I first began the band, I wasn’t sure. I was a little worried that the guys would look at the name Lez Zeppelin and they would get all upset about it or not like the concept. But I thought that if they had any sense of humor and if they could understand that we’re doing this with the greatest respect and love, which is why I did it in the first place, it’s an uncontestable thing that when we get up there and play, it’s out of pure passion and love for the music and respect for it. And I figured if they don’t like that, then maybe I don’t even want to be doing this. But I had faith that they would, and of course they did. They all know about the band, and I’ve met them all now, and I’ve had the most wonderful encounters with them.”

Paynes, Lez Zeppelin’s guitarist, even admits to keeping cool when meeting her counterpart, Mr. Page.

“Maybe I was in a state of shock, I don’t know,” she said. “But I was actually very present and we had the greatest conversation. We hit it off.”

Steph did an interview with our fan page..will be posted/shared soon. She is fantastic. All the girls are wonderful!!

Eric Clapton has been a touring musician for more than 50 years.

It was a rhetorical question for those who keep insisting Jimmy Page is the center of my universe - he isn't. He's just one of many interests.

Where's Eric? is also the title of an Eric Clapton fanzine I've contributed concert reviews to from time to time.

I think it's great that he can tolerate going to a Lez Zeppelin concert. I would think it might make him depressed to see another band touring when he didn't get that chance for a Led Zeppelin tour in '08 that he wanted. I guess he's decided to accept it and enjoy the flattery and the fact the women seem to be enjoying themselves a lot when they play.

Lex Zeppelin is a great band. I saw them in a small theatre in Connecticut several months ago. They're fantastic live and play a diverse set of Zeppelin music in two one hour sets. The whole crowd was so into it! Go see them if they ever come around your area. Certainly good enough for Jimmy Page to go and see!

The above video of WLL was the only thing that bothered me when I saw the girls live. I thought the whole theramin part of the song was way to long and overdone. As Steve said, it was quite like Spinal Tap. Other than that, they play well and put on a great show!

Archived