TSRTS white vinyle for sale on ebay

Just thought i'd let you all know I've been forced to put my white vinyl copy of the song remains the same on white vinyl (2007) on ebay due to new house move/waterbills etc :( sad times, but heres a link for anyone interested. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Led-Zeppelin-Song-Remains-The-Same-White-Vinyl-/321146037854?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item4ac5cba65e

Can't help but notice its posted as new. You might want to read over the eBay rules and make a change. I was having trouble deciding how to list since mine have never been played but got advised not to list as new. Good luck to you. I definitely feel your pain. I've been to hell and back trying to hold on to mine.

I'm curious as well. What is your reserve?

@craigbagal a few quick questions if you have a minute or two...

Does it have any of the infamous black blemishes on it?

Is the box in pristine condition? What would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10?

It looks good but the image isn't real large and a couple of the corners on the box are not visible.

What is the reserve you have placed on it?

Is this from the 2007 lottery here or what was the method that this came into your possession? A little provenance never hurts! Plus I'm still wondering where the other 100 whities went to!

Thanks

The other 100 whites went to the band according to the merchandise store. I think all of them have the black blemishes. I think it would be cool if this guy came back to answer all of our questions. I'm hoping he will be honest if he has the same "mispressing" I have. It would suck for the buyer to get it without knowing. I was honest when I posted mine. No ones bidding but 9 are watching :-(

I have looked at your listing on Ebay, and have copied the description below. You don't make mention of any black markings on your set. I don't believe that all of the hundred had black marks, particularly since some people took up the offer to have theirs exchanged. I think these blemishes should be mentioned in your Ebay description for the sake of the prospective buyer, because as you say below, "... it would suck for the buyer to get it without knowing".

"In 2008, this special edition white vinyl version of Song Remains the Same was released. I was lucky to be the recipient of 1 of the 100 released to the public. Theyare absolutely beautiful! They have only been out of the box three times and never played (I wouldn't dare risk a scratch). They are in the original packaging, exactly as they were when they arrived. I seem to be the first owner thats noticed the fourth album sticker says "side seven" on both sides instead of seven and eight. This collection should only increase in value in the future. As far as I know, I'm the third person to sell out of the 100."

I think all of them have the black blemishes. I think it would be cool if this guy came back to answer all of our questions. I'm hoping he will be honest if he has the same "mispressing" I have. It would suck for the buyer to get it without knowing. I was honest when I posted mine.

Good point. Thank you. I had forgotten until someone brought it up. I will change the description. The blemishes are very small and I don't think it's on all four but it is worth adding. Would still be nice to hear from the other seller

I have looked at your listing on Ebay, and have copied the description below. You don't make mention of any black markings on your set. I don't believe that all of the hundred had black marks, particularly since some people took up the offer to have theirs exchanged. I think these blemishes should be mentioned in your Ebay description for the sake of the prospective buyer, because as you say below, "... it would suck for the buyer to get it without knowing".

"In 2008, this special edition white vinyl version of Song Remains the Same was released. I was lucky to be the recipient of 1 of the 100 released to the public. Theyare absolutely beautiful! They have only been out of the box three times and never played (I wouldn't dare risk a scratch). They are in the original packaging, exactly as they were when they arrived. I seem to be the first owner thats noticed the fourth album sticker says "side seven" on both sides instead of seven and eight. This collection should only increase in value in the future. As far as I know, I'm the third person to sell out of the 100."

Still watching this one. Reserve not met yet. It doesn't look like this ones gonna sell this time around. The guy that bought mine has yet to pick up from the post office. I went out of my way for expedited shipping but its been sitting for two days...GGGRRRR

I can't wait to see how much this one sells for.

I often find when people use a reserve on Ebay it discourages bidders because they think it will be out of their price range. Perhaps better to start with a high asking price?

Still watching this one. Reserve not met yet. It doesn't look like this ones gonna sell this time around. The guy that bought mine has yet to pick up from the post office. I went out of my way for expedited shipping but its been sitting for two days...GGGRRRR
I can't wait to see how much this one sells for.

I have bought and sold on ebay for years and by far the best route is to have a collection of a specific artist or genre; preferably at least 50, and then list them all with a minimum opening bid and no reserve. Maybe one or two will go way cheaper than they should, but it will be made up by many getting top dollar.

I didn't do a reserve on mine. I just put it up for $650 and someone bought it at the last minute. I didn't have time to mess with the reserve. I just wish the guy would pick it up from the post office so I can get paid! I sent an email but didn't get a response.

Angamie,

Keep sending him emails and invoices. Make sure you tick the box for a copy for yourself in case it goes to a non paying bidder dispute (which I sincerely hope won't happen).

I have got browned off over the years trying to get winning bidders to pay, so what I do now is sell a lot of my stuff at fixed price, and tick the box which says 'immediate payment'. This means the item is still available to other bidders until the winner pays up. Obviously, in your case, you wouldn't have wanted to use the fixed price format because you were trying to get as much as possible - understandably.

I wish Ebay would amend their system so that once the auction ends, the buyer has to pay up immediately. You can't go into a shop and say "that item is mine, hold on to it for me until I decide I want to pay, and you can't sell it to someone else".

If your buyer is not answering emails, I think you can contact Ebay and complain about that, because the system is reliant on communication between parties.

I didn't do a reserve on mine. I just put it up for $650 and someone bought it at the last minute. I didn't have time to mess with the reserve. I just wish the guy would pick it up from the post office so I can get paid! I sent an email but didn't get a response.

Angamie,

Keep sending him emails and invoices. Make sure you tick the box for a copy for yourself in case it goes to a non paying bidder dispute (which I sincerely hope won't happen).

I have got browned off over the years trying to get winning bidders to pay, so what I do now is sell a lot of my stuff at fixed price, and tick the box which says 'immediate payment'. This means the item is still available to other bidders until the winner pays up. Obviously, in your case, you wouldn't have wanted to use the fixed price format because you were trying to get as much as possible - understandably.

I wish Ebay would amend their system so that once the auction ends, the buyer has to pay up immediately. You can't go into a shop and say "that item is mine, hold on to it for me until I decide I want to pay, and you can't sell it to someone else".

If your buyer is not answering emails, I think you can contact Ebay and complain about that, because the system is reliant on communication between parties.

That is not the problem; obviously she wouldn't ship until the buyer paid for it. The problem is Paypal now witholds the funds until the buyer receives the order.

Pb!,

There must be a different system in the USA than here in the UK. Here, if the sale ends with a buyer, you hang on to the goods until you are paid. Paypal in the UK (at the moment) gives the seller access to their cash the minute the buyer pays. I transfer my proceeds to my bank account, and they are in it instantly. The problem we can have in the UK is that if the buyer doesn't pay up, you have to hang on until they get in touch. Then, if you find out they are not going to pay, you have to go through the rigmarole of relisting and again waiting for the auction to end etc. If you are selling because you need money, this is really annoying.

I know that Ebay in the UK has announced this week that they are going to retain sale proceeds for 21 days for new sellers, so maybe this is to bring us more into line with the US.

That is not the problem; obviously she wouldn't ship until the buyer paid for it. The problem is Paypal now witholds the funds until the buyer receives the order.

I just sent another message to the guy. At this point, I think these albums have been exposed to the average post office temperature (which isn't always good for such treasures) for too long. I'm glad I insured them. I think I'm done with eBay. They look out for the buyer but not the seller. eBay won't release the funds till the guy receives the package. Total BS!

Who the hell gets such a treasure and leaves it at the post office? I could have delivered them myself by now.

---giant sigh---

Angamie,

You can obtain the buyer's phone number. I have had to do it with buyers who wouldn't pay up etc. If you go to the Ebay help pages or the community forums and search for obtaining the other parties' phone number, and then call them. If they have put a fake number on, that is a banning offence for Ebay.

You are well within your rights to phone this individual.

You are right about Ebay now favouring buyers. As explained in my above post, we seem to have a different Paypal system in the UK.

I just sent another message to the guy. At this point, I think these albums have been exposed to the average post office temperature (which isn't always good for such treasures) for too long. I'm glad I insured them. I think I'm done with eBay. They look out for the buyer but not the seller. eBay won't release the funds till the guy receives the package. Total BS!
Who the hell gets such a treasure and leaves it at the post office? I could have delivered them myself by now.
---giant sigh---

Archived