TypeO

She didn't really say anything. This "racist" furor seems to be hype and overreaction, not much else. I read her transcript (if that's the right word) where they asked her if she ever used the n-word. She said she may have, in private conversation with her husband, in regard to a 1986 armed robbery.

And that was it, as far as I can determine. Hell, if someone held a gun to my head, I'd call the f/er every name in the book, no matter what race he was.

Amazed at all the Paula Deen apologists out there.

The common defense seems to be that she grew up in the south during an era when using the N-word was commonplace, i.e., 40s, 50s, 60s, etc.
Yet, the incidents she is apologizing about are sometime since her rise to success beginning around 1996.
And 1996 can hardly be considered the ancient past when everybody tossed the N-word around without a care.
What that means is she probably DID grow up as suggested, except that she never cared about it until now that it's going to affect her financially.
In other words, she really IS an old-school, southern bigot.

Any other regular person would almost certainly get fired from their job for the same thing.
What makes her so different?

Too bad, so sad.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57590532/paula-deens-food-network-contract-wont-be-renewed/

She didn't really say anything. This "racist" furor seems to be hype and overreaction, not much else. I read her transcript (if that's the right word) where they asked her if she ever used the n-word. She said she may have, in private conversation with her husband, in regard to a 1986 armed robbery.

And that was it, as far as I can determine. Hell, if someone held a gun to my head, I'd call the f/er every name in the book, no matter what race he was.

there is more to this . she wanted to plan her brother's wedding with some old southern slavery theme and have all the servers be black to represent slaves.

she also wanted to make something called a "sambo burger" for her tv show but the producers rejected it .

Yeah, she's changed so much since way back when she allegedly used such language. :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/f-l9qhmHYXM

This is a woman with enough power that those close to her are either afraid or not willing to risk their livelihood to explain to her how painfully inappropriate and bigoted she is.

Even the guy in this video seems very uncomfortable.

And she's actually talking about her great-grandfather who "lost so much" when the war was over and he "lost all his workers".

The war that was over = Civil War.

The "workers" he lost = slaves who had been freed.

And she describes it all like it's this huge tragedy.

Fucking incredible.

BTW, to the best of my knowledge, all of this began NOT with news reports sniffing her out, but only after she posted her weepy apologies because she was being sued.

So all the rebuttals about the media being after her is kinda bogus.

She brought it up herself to begin with.

"I is what I is" - Paula Deen

Yes, you are. A talentless person who made a name for herself cooking awful food.

That being said, all of this is some stupid media witch hunt. Nothing more. She didn't kill anyone. She didn't rape anyone. She was exercising her free speech rights "in private." Disagree with the content in which was said but again, it's not like she called a black woman a nigger on a televised episode of her show.

People need to reprioritize what they overreact to.

I read her transcript (if that's the right word) where they asked her if she ever used the n-word. She said she may have, in private conversation with her husband, in regard to a 1986 armed robbery.

But a normal person wouldn't use the N-word unless it was a word they used anyway.

I might call the person all kinds of motherfucking cocksucking pieces of shit, but I wouldn't resort to the N-word because it's simply not in my daily vocabulary.

Being under duress is no excuse.

It's a lot like using the excuse of being drunk.

Being drunk doesn't make you say inappropriate things, it simply removes your inhibitions about saying inappropriate things.

And if using racial epithets is part of your daily vocabulary, private or not, it will be revealed.

I counsel my kids similarly about using vulgar language.

They think they can hide it when they are at home or somewhere where they wouldn't normally use profanity, but if they are startled or surprised, what comes out is whatever you are accustomed to saying.

It's human nature.

Hey asshole, you're doing it again.

You're barging into a thread to tell everyone how little you care about it.

It's pretty obvious at this point that you're a former member trolling.

Most likely someone who didn't care for me before in particular, since it's usually threads that I start where you do your idiotic rants.

I won't bother hazarding a guess as to who you are, because you don't even rate a single, entire fuck for me to give.

Go back to your I Wish I Could Have Blown James Gandolfini Before He Died thread and give all the clumsy, painfully obvious trolling a rest.

How is posting two replies to this topic barging into a thread? I cannot believe that you have not been banned because you call people who have different opinions other than yourself an "Asshole" and "I might call the person all kinds of motherfucking cocksucking pieces of shit" (your words) and saying to me that "I wish I could have blown James Gandolfini before He died" (how mature is that comment)? Do you realize how stupid you and your inane comments sound?

Even if someone replied to a topic I started and I did not agree with what he/she said, I would never stoop so low as to call them an "Asshole" or a "Cocksucker" like you seem to do whenever someone disagrees or has a different opinion than you. I always take the high road and not the name-calling road.

I believe that you really need to think before you post something and try and disparage someone who does not agree with you.

Everyone notice that I did not say one Derogatory word toward typeo, I just called him out about all the negative and Derogatory words he has called ME.

No, Kingzoso, I believe TypeO called it right- based on yer posts here and in other discussions yer contributing absolutely zero to the discussion beyond how much you claim not to care -pretty obvious trolling- and yet yer the one acting all indignant because someone actually had the balls to call you on it. Pretty hypocritical.

Walter has outed you as a banned member returning under an alias, which doesn't surprise me either...

Back on 'ignore' you go, it's where you belong...

How is posting two replies to this topic barging into a thread?

Listen dumbass.

I'm not going to keep explaining why what you do is so idiotic.

You're obviously too fucking dense and unaware to get it regardless of how simply it is explained.

And since no one could be that fucking stupid and still be able to switch a computer on, it's obvious you're trolling for attention.

You don't participate in the thread discussions, you complain about the existence of the thread discussion.

That's not a "different opinion", numbnuts, that's trolling for attention and trying to derail a thread.

I cannot believe that you have not been banned

You mean like you have so many times before?

U mad, bro?

Do you realize how stupid you and your inane comments sound?

What this forum needs is up- and down- votes on comments like on YouTube.

You'd be amazed at whose comments are actually considered stupid and inane.

Even if someone replied to a topic I started and I did not agree with what he/she said, I would never stoop so low as to call them an "Asshole" or a "Cocksucker" like you seem to do whenever someone disagrees or has a different opinion than you. I always take the high road and not the name-calling road.

Well, aren't you quite the martyr?

No wonder you refer to yourself as King.

I believe that you really need to think before you post something and try and disparage someone who does not agree with you.

Everyone notice that I did not say one Derogatory word toward typeo, I just called him out about all the negative and Derogatory words he has called ME.

I believe that you need to fuck off and stick to your own simple-minded threads, instead of trolling in threads I create.

Everyone notice that I conveniently highlighted all of my derogatory remarks towards this chronically recurring pantload everyone knows as LZZoso kingzoso.

And since you're so curious as to why I've never been banned...

I have no way of knowing since I'm not a part of the administration of this site.

But if I had to take a guess, it would probably be because - unlike you - I simply participate in the thread discussions that I have an interest in, and I refrain from participating in threads I find uninteresting, pointless or distasteful.

What I DON'T do - again, unlike you - is needlessly provoke or incite drama or hostility for the simple sake of it.

So put that in your pipe and FUCK THE HELL OFF.

And please, by all means (since I'm sure that's what you're attempting to accomplish, anyway)...

a59f.jpg

^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Give 'em hell, TypeO!

As for my thoughts on the Paula Deen incident itself...well, what can one say? She fucked up, big time. She'll go down in the annals of publicly racist yahoos like Don Imus, Michael Richards and Mel Gibson before her, and deservedly so. The hell of it is, she probably doesn't think she did anything wrong at all...and I doubt that even the likes of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson would be able to change her ways. Her so-called 'public apology' was as much a load of insincere bullshit as any I've ever seen.

IMO all incidents like this one, combined with the Zimmerman trial, are going to do is exacerbate racial tensions in the U.S.A. at level they haven't been at in years.

Yeah, she's changed so much since way back when she allegedly used such language. :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/f-l9qhmHYXM

This is a woman with enough power that those close to her are either afraid or not willing to risk their livelihood to explain to her how painfully inappropriate and bigoted she is.

Even the guy in this video seems very uncomfortable.

And she's actually talking about her great-grandfather who "lost so much" when the war was over and he "lost all his workers".

The war that was over = Civil War.

The "workers" he lost = slaves who had been freed.

And she describes it all like it's this huge tragedy.

Fucking incredible.

BTW, to the best of my knowledge, all of this began NOT with news reports sniffing her out, but only after she posted her weepy apologies because she was being sued.

So all the rebuttals about the media being after her is kinda bogus.

She brought it up herself to begin with.

This video clip of her is exactly why she doesn't understand why she is being vilified and why she claims not to be a racist. Having a token black friend and trotting him out for all to see only proves to me that she is so clueless as to the world around her. I really don't think she is a bad person but a woman who grew up in a small Southern town and has held onto racial biases and attitudes toward anyone of color. I would think that she has traveled a bit and that she would get a better understanding about different cultures within her own country and community. Maybe she not interest in learning that her great grandfather's slaves cooked the food for her family and were the ones that, through planting their own gardens and only had access to poor quality meats, were the originators of the delicious dishes she makes on her shows. Basically, she has made a shitload of money making food that her great grandfather's slaves cooked to get them through long, grueling days of back breaking labor. None of that probably has ever entered her mind.

She represents a lot of people for whom anyone of color must be poor, living on welfare and beneath them. The racism that exists today is not as open as it once was but much more secretive. I think a lot of people have used the N word but would like to deny it and therefore, condemn Paula Deen for what they themselves are ashamed of admitting.

Now that she is being dropped by most of the companies she was affiliated with how many are doing so, not because of what she said, but because they themselves don't want to experience a financial backlash being associated with her brand.

he was a great actor and he just has that sexy look like Bobby Deniro,Pacino and all those

I don't even know where this woman lives, so NO I will not be sending her Shit.

I will say that I do care about and am very Saddened by the Death of James Gandolfini. This man, even though I never met him, means Way more to me than some Southern woman who likes to call all Blacks, the N-Word.

Jimmy Gandolfini is an American Legend who happened to Pass Away to suddenly. This old woman paula deen is nothing compared to this Great American and Actor. Believe me time will tell that I am very right in what I am saying.

Can any of you tell me why I am getting this error when I click on a members name??

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4 in /home/ledzepp/public_html/admin/applications/members/extensions/profileTabs/aboutme.conf.php on line 0

Archived