TypeO

Amazed at all the Paula Deen apologists out there.

The common defense seems to be that she grew up in the south during an era when using the N-word was commonplace, i.e., 40s, 50s, 60s, etc.
Yet, the incidents she is apologizing about are sometime since her rise to success beginning around 1996.
And 1996 can hardly be considered the ancient past when everybody tossed the N-word around without a care.
What that means is she probably DID grow up as suggested, except that she never cared about it until now that it's going to affect her financially.
In other words, she really IS an old-school, southern bigot.

Any other regular person would almost certainly get fired from their job for the same thing.
What makes her so different?

Too bad, so sad.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57590532/paula-deens-food-network-contract-wont-be-renewed/

Well,there seems to be a slot open on the Food Channel,......

Sunday Morning brunch with Anjin-san? :P:D

Come off some great New England seafood recipes and I'd watch! :yesnod:

Paula has always been overrated....not even close to one of the best restaurants in Savannah. Obviously the same goes for her as a person as well.

I just don't understand her position or the justifications that her fans are giving. Does she also want to go back to segregation and Jim Crow laws? This is not a case of her making an innocent social faux pas, this is profound ignorance. Somehow I don't think she truly understands what she said was wrong or that she feels bad saying, and thinking, these things.

I just don't understand her position or the justifications that her fans are giving. Does she also want to go back to segregation and Jim Crow laws? This is not a case of her making an innocent social faux pas, this is profound ignorance. Somehow I don't think she truly understands what she said was wrong or that she feels bad saying, and thinking, these things.

She probably does want the return of Jim Crow laws and African-Americans "knowing their place". She isn't ignorant as much as she is obstinant. She understands very well what she said isn't acceptable in polite society today; she just didn't care until it cost her.

i don't understand how she got so popular in the first place.

Nostalgia. She openly defies the "healthy foods" police and dietary trends. Most Americans know full well that our eating habits leave a lot to be desired and that we should exercise more. However, eating more healthy foods and getting regular exercise require will power; something many of us lack. Paula Deen's recipes harken back to a day when Americans didn't worry as much about saturated fats and bad cholesterol. Also, many of her recipes recall the dishes our grandmothers used to make for Christmas dinner.

Regarding black people using the N-word vs. white people using it, and the supposed double-standard -

When black people use the N-word amongst themselves, it doesn't carry the history of injustice, hate and malice that it does when coming from a white person.
Instead it carries a shared history.

You can playfully call your spouse "dummy" or something else, but if a stranger says it, you wouldn't be OK with it at all.

THAT's why it's not a double-standard.

All that being said, MSNBC should have fired Al Sharpton long ago.
He actually never should have been hired to begin with, and for the same reasons.

He has a documented history of using foul racial slurs towards other blacks, Jews, Asians and Caucasians.

I am a supporter of fairness above all.

Regarding black people using the N-word vs. white people using it, and the supposed double-standard -

When black people use the N-word amongst themselves, it doesn't carry the history of injustice, hate and malice that it does when coming from a white person.

Instead it carries a shared history.

You can playfully call your spouse "dummy" or something else, but if a stranger says it, you wouldn't be OK with it at all.

THAT's why it's not a double-standard....

Well said!

Does anyone on this forum really care or give a Fuck about Paula Deen? I know that I do not. I realize that some people might, but I would say that they are in the minority here.

I eat what I want to eat. I don't rely on people who are on all these food shows to tell me what I think is good or bad for me. I can figure that all out myself.

Since I can say that I do not listen to (or eat or even fucking pay attention to) any of what these "reality cooks or kooks" make, I could care less what happens to them. I am actually on the pro-side of any of them losing endorsements and the like when they make "derogatory" comments or make a meal that sickens someone.

I do not even care who Paula Deen is or what she looks like or what she makes. You wanna know why? Because I could care less who this woman was or is. She is nobody to me.

Does anyone on this forum really care or give a Fuck about Paula Deen? I know that I do not. I realize that some people might, but I would say that they are in the minority here.

I eat what I want to eat. I don't rely on people who are on all these food shows to tell me what I think is good or bad for me. I can figure that all out myself.

Since I can say that I do not listen to (or eat or even fucking pay attention to) any of what these "reality cooks or kooks" make, I could care less what happens to them. I am actually on the pro-side of any of them losing endorsements and the like when they make "derogatory" comments or make a meal that sickens someone.

I do not even care who Paula Deen is or what she looks like or what she makes. You wanna know why? Because I could care less who this woman was or is. She is nobody to me.

I take it you won't be sending her a Christmas card then!

I take it you won't be sending her a Christmas card then!

I don't even know where this woman lives, so NO I will not be sending her Shit.

I will say that I do care about and am very Saddened by the Death of James Gandolfini. This man, even though I never met him, means Way more to me than some Southern woman who likes to call all Blacks, the N-Word.

Jimmy Gandolfini is an American Legend who happened to Pass Away to suddenly. This old woman paula deen is nothing compared to this Great American and Actor. Believe me time will tell that I am very right in what I am saying.

I don't even know where this woman lives, so NO I will not be sending her Shit.

I will say that I do care about and am very Saddened by the Death of James Gandolfini. This man, even though I never met him, means Way more to me than some Southern woman who likes to call all Blacks, the N-Word.

Jimmy Gandolfini is an American Legend who happened to Pass Away to suddenly. This old woman paula deen is nothing compared to this Great American and Actor. Believe me time will tell that I am very right in what I am saying.

Hey asshole, you're doing it again.

You're barging into a thread to tell everyone how little you care about it.

It's pretty obvious at this point that you're a former member trolling.

Most likely someone who didn't care for me before in particular, since it's usually threads that I start where you do your idiotic rants.

I won't bother hazarding a guess as to who you are, because you don't even rate a single, entire fuck for me to give.

Go back to your I Wish I Could Have Blown James Gandolfini Before He Died thread and give all the clumsy, painfully obvious trolling a rest.

Hey asshole, you're doing it again.

You're barging into a thread to tell everyone how little you care about it.

It's pretty obvious at this point that you're a former member trolling.

Most likely someone who didn't care for me before in particular, since it's usually threads that I start where you do your idiotic rants.

I won't bother hazarding a guess as to who you are, because you don't even rate a single, entire fuck for me to give.

Go back to your I Wish I Could Have Blown James Gandolfini Before He Died thread and give all the clumsy, painfully obvious trolling a rest.

:hysterical:

Once again, a California liberal and a Southern conservative find common ground. I was thinking last night when I read this thread and came to those posts: that's an awful lot of words and mental energy spent on something he doesn't care about.

Not to get in the middle of anything, but damn this is fucking funny:

Once again, a California liberal and a Southern conservative find common ground. I was thinking last night when I read this thread and came to those posts: that's an awful lot of words and mental energy spent on something he doesn't care about.

Are you not entertained? LOL

And yes, obvious troll is obvious.

He doesn't care and he doesn't care if you care, because what you think about him - he doesn't care about! :blink:

Btw, he's lzzoso coming back from the banned....in the event someone cares! ;)

Archived