Best Band Still

BestBandStill

will never be another like them,these poor kids now day,what do they have Justin Bieber? Katie perry? Oh dear God

There are talented, young musicians out there who are making good music now. It just seems a lot harder to find them. Back in the 1970's, I only had to listen to my local rock, soul and Top 40 radio stations to hear great music. I also had television programs like Midnight Concert, Don Kirschner's Rock Concert and Soul Train. Popular music seems much more fragmented into specific niches today. You don't have radio stations that play music from a wide range of genres. As a rule, I don't care for country music but I like Johnny Cash. If I hadn't heard Walk the Line and Ring of Fire on Top 40 radio when I was a kid, it wouldn't have occurred to me to check out his catalog.

I will close by adding that although the 70's had their share of dreck music; even that era's dreck was better than much of what is being churned out today. Two songs come to mind that make my point: Sugar Sugar by the Archies and Guitarzan by Ray Stevens. Both were nonsense but at least they were well-performed and entertaining nonsense. I may be viewing that era through rose-colored glasses but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

will never be another like them,these poor kids now day,what do they have Justin Bieber? Katie perry? Oh dear God

thanks for that clw, well said, never forget the beatles, led zeppelin, the rolling stones, pink floyd, yes, jethro tull, genesis, black sabbath, the who, deep purple, and more

• 2 weeks later...

There are talented, young musicians out there who are making good music now. It just seems a lot harder to find them.

From personal experience I'd say It's way easier to find and listen to music you like; but you have to be more pro-active.

Archived