What's Ur Opinion

Michael678

Okay, well i used my almost all my money (i got for my birthday last week) on CD's, with most of them being from Pink Floyd (the only exception was Rush's All the World's a Stage). The ones i got were the studio albums Meddle, The Dark Side of the Moon, and Wish You Were Here, the live album P.U.L.S.E., and the documentary on the making of the previously mentioned Wish You Were Here album. I saved some money unexpectedly, and i want to get another Pink Floyd album because of it, with the best choices being The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Ummagumma, and Atom Heart Mother. Which one, in ur opinion, is the best and the one i should get and why?

Can't really say why, but I would choose Ummagumma out of those choices. I have each of the ones you mentioned, but I just like Ummagumma the best. The live stuff on it is awesome. Only 4 songs, but they're incredible-Astronomy Domine, Careful with that Axe Eugene, Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, and Saucerful of Secrets. Just my opinion. The other 2 are great also.

A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Noooo. That is a PF album in name only, more of a David Gilmour solo album, same goes for The Division Bell. Don't get that one either. If you want a really good Floyd album and you have not already got it, Animals is an essential.

Actually Division Bell and Momentary Lapse of Reason is no more a solo over something like The Final Cut or Wall. I like what I like, sorry. Momentary Lapse of Reason has the single greatest 16 minutes opening of almost any album I have heard - my ears and senses love it!!

Noooo. That is a PF album in name only, more of a David Gilmour solo album, same goes for The Division Bell. Don't get that one either. If you want a really good Floyd album and you have not already got it, Animals is an essential.

I'd second Animals.. it's essential Pink Floyd.

But if it has to be out of the ones you listed, if you've never heard Syd Barrett era Floyd you should get Piper ...

It's very different than the Floyd that came along after though.

Atom Heart Mother is very interesting. But I can't remember the last time I played it.

The live album of UmmaGumma is excellent. The experimental solo track 2nd disc isn't an easy listen but also interesting.

I don't agree that The Division Bell is like a David Gilmour solo album either..

Nick Mason and Richard Wright are both very involved.. Wright even sang lead for the first time since Dark Side.

It's an excellent album.. imo much better than the Final Cut.

If you have an Ipod or MP3 player, and you live in a place where there is library, then go check out all of them, rip them to your computer, and return them! This will save you loads of money and will also save you from having to pick and choose which albums to buy. If you're lucky, your library might even have the Special Editions of some of those albums.

I haven't bought any new CD's for quite a while due to this little trick I learned, so I save my money for vinyl purchases only.

i want to get another Pink Floyd album because of it, with the best choices being The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Ummagumma, and Atom Heart Mother.

Best choices? LOL

Someone misinformed you!

Your #1 choice should be Animals! Second should be Obscured By Clouds.

Archived