Robert Plant - Santa Barbara Bowl 6/28/13

Anyone else go to this show?

It was phenominal! First off Grace Potter and the Nocturnals opened and I was already big fans of them but they totally rocked it! Grace reminds me of a female version of 1972 Robert Plant when she does the more rocking stuff

Robert and the Sensational Space Shifters were incredible. They started off with a cool version of Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You which drew large cheers when the drums kicked in.

Highlights for me were Going to California, What is and What Should Never Be, The Enchanter, and Whole Lotta Love. Robert's voice was on point all night

My favorite quote was when Robert introduces the band then afterwords exclaimed quite enthusiasticly "and where would we all be without oatmeal?!" :lol:

I do think the audiece was taken aback by how rocking these guys are - the people in back of me were happy to see him but before the show they were talking about how they wished he would quit the bluegrass country stuff. They were in for a pleasent suprise!

If anyone has any audio of the show or finds audio - let me know! Does anyone know if the gigs will appear in iTunes like the 2012 dates??

I was there and it was amazing. I was hoping for a lot of the original Zeppelin music and that real rock sound that I associate with the band (not bluegrass) and boy did we get it. Robert is a legend, and I'm so grateful to have gotten to see this show. Going to California brought tears to my eyes...

Absolutely!

Yeah Going to California was a real treat, you could tell everyone else thought so too because as soon as they started playing it would could see a sea of cell phones amongst the crowd ha

I didn't watch any videos of this band before the show so I could go into it not knowing what to expect, and man what a pleasent suprise that was, Robert still has "it"!

Archived