2013-14 NBA Season

Strider

Hooray! Washington will either play Indiana or Atlanta, but if it is Indiana, won't Game One be at Indianapolis, as they are the #1 seed?

Or did you mean you got tix for the first Wiz home game of the series?

First home game. I'm not really sure who we should want to play though...

Save your grief for the poor people who need it...the people who had to deal with him or his wife, for instance. It is too bad Sterling couldn't be the owner of the Celtics...then you might understand how bad this guy really can be.

You didn't answer my question.Why the F is Doc Rivers the coach?

You didn't answer my question.Why the F is Doc Rivers the coach?

When was that question ever asked by you? If anyone else can find it, please show me.

As for why, it's the same reason Elgin Baylor was GM all those years: Plantation owners need somebody to work for them. ;)

Look, it is all documented ad nauseum...there have been plenty of lawsuits over the years...but I am through discussing it here. I would rather focus on the NBA playoffs...you know, the actual games.

Well, so much for Dwight Howard winning it all. I can hear Strider all the way from LA cheering.

And part of me wonder whether this somewhat lengthy layoff will be good or bad for the Heat, whoever they draw in the 2nd round. But, the Heat are veterans, so if anybody can overcome it, they can...

Well, so much for Dwight Howard winning it all. I can hear Strider all the way from LA cheering.

And part of me wonder whether this somewhat lengthy layoff will be good or bad for the Heat, whoever they draw in the 2nd round. But, the Heat are veterans, so if anybody can overcome it, they can...

Not cheering too loud, Paul...I have friends in Houston. I wouldn't worry about your Heat. From years and years of seeing the Lakers have the same problem of long layoffs between rounds, I can attest that the long-term benefits outweigh any short-term rust.

Well, I was 3 for 3 yesterday...and so we're getting 5 Game 7s to close out the first round.

I have to figure all three home teams today will be favoured...Indiana, OKC, and LA. But how many points I don't know. Rick, are you laying money down on the games today or are you busy with the Kentucky Derby? Feeling good about your Clippers chances tonight?

As wacky as this round has been, I wouldn't be surprised if all the games go to overtime.

ESPN's poll question today asked which of today's Game 7s did you most want to see?

The Clippers vs. Warriors won with 52% of the vote. OKC vs. Memphis followed with 27% and Indiana vs. Atlanta was last with 21%.

In all of NBA history, the most Game 7s in one playoff was 5. There have been 5 in just this year's first round alone, so 2014 is sure to be a record breaking year. Competitive balance or mediocre parity? What do you think? I think the strength of the West definitely contributes to the tough battles. The East is weaker, which is why they had less game 7s than the West.

All three home teams won their Game 7s yesterday...but only the Clippers didn't cover the point spread. The Clips were favoured by 7 and won by only 5.

Toronto and San Antonio host Game 7s today. Toronto is favoured by 3 and San Antonio by 6.5. I think both games will be close, so I put small bets on both Brooklyn and Dallas.

I'm not sure who I want to win that Toronto/Brooklyn game. The Nets were 4-0 against the Heat in the regular season, so maybe I should root for the Raptors, but I don't know... :unsure:

If I were a Heat fan, I would rather play Toronto...who are losing at the moment. The end is taking forever, argh.

Later...well it's over. PC, your Heat get Brooklyn next...Paul Pierce and KG comin' to South Beach. Brooklyn almost choked it away at the end but held on 104-103.

And won me some money that will go towards the Zeppelin Deluxe Box Sets. :)

I knew Golden St would be a tough fight. I like the Warriors. In fact I call them my second favorite team for many years. The Buffalo Braves, oops, I mean the LA Clippers are moving on. Underdogs as I expected vs OKC. I say we beat them. I laid a few bucks on the series and game one. Though cautiously on game on knowing they just won a tough 7 game series and sometimes it takes a team a game to wake up and realize they have a new fight on their hands. Durant is an absolute beast. But I feel the Clippers are a deeper team. CP, Blake Griffin, Crawford, Jordan, Collison. Coaching is even. It won't be easy.

Must feel for those Toronto fans. Braving it outside the arena. Give them credit for a good fight. I thought they should have won vs an older team. Now we see if it was a fluke them beating Miami 4 out of 4. That is shocking when you think of it.

Portland probably does not match up well vs San Anton. But the winner of the Clippers and OKC will smash an older San Anton team. The Clippers and OKC is the true Western finals.

3 months ago who would have thought the Wizards had a prayer against Indiana. Now they may just beat them. Based on what we have seen they should beat them. Too bad for Toronto. All those fans showing such support. And too bad for Paul as his boys must now face those nasty little nets. LOL.

Rick, San Antonio may be old but they're wilier than Wile. E. Coyote. As Paul noted earlier, they're like the St. Louis Cardinals...just when you think they're dead, they come back.

Washington is a young team growing before our eyes...now we see if 1) John Wall and crew can graduate to the next class; and 2) was Indiana's (and Roy Hibbert's in particular) struggles more a product of a bad matchup with Atlanta's style of play or endemic of a team-wide systemic collapse?

I think Washington is now the second best team in the East and therefore, I think Washington can beat the Pacers. The key is to steal that first game in Indiana...Les Boulez will be much fresher and rested than the Pacers.

Paul, I agree with you: OKC vs. Clippers is a tossup and I'm not going anywhere near this series with my betting money. Too close to call. I see a 7 game series.

My picks:

Miami in 5

Washington in 6

San Antonio in 6

(Flips coin) Clippers in 7

Rick, good luck with your bets. Paul, have you ever attended a Miami Heat playoff game?

So. if Les Boulez go to game 6, they will be playing at Verizon Center during a Lady Gaga concert :)

My husband, who is a stagehand, says the Center never used to schedule concerts during playoff season, but after the many past years of futility, they changed their minds. Oops

^^^

Hmmm, maybe the game will be scheduled for a 12noon start and then the concert can follow at night. The Forum in the old days and now Staples Center has this problem all the time, thanks to having three tenants: Lakers, Clippers, Kings.

^^^

Hmmm, maybe the game will be scheduled for a 12noon start and then the concert can follow at night. The Forum in the old days and now Staples Center has this problem all the time, thanks to having three tenants: Lakers, Clippers, Kings.

TK asked about that on the radio today, but since the game is on a Thursday, there's not much chance of that. I'm guessing they will reschedule the game.

Or maybe Les Boulez will sweep! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

TK asked about that on the radio today, but since the game is on a Thursday, there's not much chance of that. I'm guessing they will reschedule the game.

Or maybe Les Boulez will sweep! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's thinking positive! 'Atta girl! ;)

Archived