the Star Wars thread...

kingzoso

On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 0:00 AM, kingzoso said:

Just a quick post:  I saw "Rogue One" yesterday.  It was Good. 

I will post more about this movie soon.  

Did you see it at the XD theater in Plano? ....I'm probably taking the kids next week.

Sad news about Carrie Fisher. She will be missed.

We were watching The Force Awakens at my daughter's house on Christmas night and were reminiscing about the first time we saw Star Wars and how good it was to see the originals meshed with the new characters. Then we heard about her heart attack the next morning.

Her passing has most likely changed the plot of the next chapter to a certain extent and it will be interesting to see what and where the writers go with Princess Leia.

Of course the movie is trivial compared to the loss to her family and friends all around the world.

R.I.P

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, craigled said:

So are they using them ?. And should they ?.

Why not? There have been numerous films released posthumously why is this any different? I believe that is what Ms. Fisher would want, unless it is a particularly horrid movie.

They started reshooting some scenes for the next episode some days ago..........could be they change the story to let Leia die/disappear at the end of the movie or just because they needed more extra footage. The movie was already roughly edited, and John Williams is now recording the score.

As far as replacing actors.....Jonas Suotamo has officially followed up Peter Mayhew to play Chewbacca.

http://movieweb.com/star-wars-force-awakens-chewbacca-actor-joonas-suotamo/

• 1 month later...