the Star Wars thread...

kingzoso

Luke going to the Dark Side in EP. VIII ???

Two Star Wars Fans Discuss:

SWF 1: Luke, do you go over to the Dark Side?

SWF 2: Luke, you don't have to answer that question now!

Luke: I'll answer the question. You want answers?

SWF 1: I think I'm entitled to them.

Luke: You want answers?!

SWF 1: I want the truth!

Luke: You can't handle the truth!

Son, we live in a world that has sides, and those sides have to be guarded by knights with lightsabres. Who's gonna do it? You? You, SWF 2? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Obi-Wan Kenobi, and you curse the Sith. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Obi-Wan Kenobi's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that dark side -- you need me on that dark side.

We use words like "honor," "code," "loyalty." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a lightsabre and stand the post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!

SWF 1: Do you go over to the Dark Side ?

Luke: I do the job I was --

SWF 1: Do you go over to the Dark Side ?

Luke: You're god damn right I do!!!

Looking forward to this release.  Looks like the Walter family will have a date, early in the morning, at our favorite plush reclining leather seat theatre.  That's what we've done the past two releases.  Popcorn at 9 am is underrated.

I have been commenting about all the Star Wars merch myself. I had been getting quite a few t-shirts. Had to give it up now, There are that many available. Just in the 1 superstore that we do our shop in. They get reduced after a few weeks. But like i say, Too many. The main one for me is the At-At one. With smaller diagrams on. Arrows pointing to its parts. That is now. Wait until around November when the next film is getting very near. All that said. I love it really. A fan as a boy, to now, A Dad myself.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, what do we all think of "The Last Jedi" (those who have seen it, that is)?

I really liked it - however, if I'm completely honest, I preferred both "The Force Awakens" and "Rogue One". The good thing is, just like "The Empire Strikes Back", it did pique one's interest how this most recent trilogy will end two years from now...

I wonder how the side movie "Solo" will be next May. Have there been any leaks about that one?

• 3 months later...

so I rented the last jedi last night and I dont understand how Luke Skywalker died if he wasnt really where the fight took place?

So now the only one left is Princess Leia but with Carrie Fisher dead how are they going to fix that in the next film?  This all just kind of sucks and now it is like this movie series has gone on way too long because they keep doing the same things over and over and over again. I was laughing because the chewbacca is so cliche with his groans and whining all the time. He is the worst character ever.

I think they should replace Carrie Fisher with somebody else because otherwise this story is at a dead end now. I think they should get Diane Lane to play the part.

2 hours ago, kipper said:

I think they should replace Carrie Fisher with somebody else because otherwise this story is at a dead end now. I think they should get Diane Lane to play the part.

What about Stormy Daniels, I hear she is available 

• 1 year later...

Anyone looking forward to Rise Of Skywalker, and if so what are you're fan theories regarding the lovely Rey, is she a Skywalker? I believe she is and don't buy that she came from no one special and her parents were just a couple of drunks who sold her for drinking money.

May the force be with you! 

Edited by BledZabbath

3 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Anyone looking forward to Rise Of Skywalker, and if so what are you're fan theories regarding the lovely Rey, is she a Skywalker? I believe she is and don't buy that she came from no one special and her parents were just a couple of drunks who sold her for drinking money.

May the force be with you! 

I believe, and hope, Rey is actually a sleeper agent. She could be a very powerful Sith sent to infiltrate and destroy from within, however they Manchurian Candidate'd her ass so even she is not aware who she really is. It would sure tie up some seriously gaping plot lines such as how she seems to have quite excellent control of the Force just out of the blue with no training and held her own against the dude from Girls even though he was a highly trained Sith.

My hope is Rey takes the Iron Throne, um, I mean, rules the galaxy as the nastiest, meanest, most hardcore Sith-Lord of all time.

38 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

I believe, and hope, Rey is actually a sleeper agent. She could be a very powerful Sith sent to infiltrate and destroy from within, however they Manchurian Candidate'd her ass so even she is not aware who she really is. It would sure tie up some seriously gaping plot lines such as how she seems to have quite excellent control of the Force just out of the blue with no training and held her own against the dude from Girls even though he was a highly trained Sith.

My hope is Rey takes the Iron Throne, um, I mean, rules the galaxy as the nastiest, meanest, most hardcore Sith-Lord of all time.

You could possibly be right, and rise of Skywalker could mean the salvation of Kylo Ren where he rises up and redeems himself and destroys Rey if she is a Sith, I’m still hoping she’s a Skywalker though, she has good in her.

• 11 months later...