Peter Mensch to answer fan questions on Reddit again

Cookie0024

I just stumbled across this on Reddit. No official announcement has been made, but Jimmy Page's manager Peter Mensch is coming back to Reddit to do another question and answer session on the 24th of July at 1pm EST.

24 Jul 1pm Peter Mensch Co-founder of Q Prime, artist management company (Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimmy Page, Muse, and others)

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/wiki/index#wiki_4._how_do_i_get_on_the_calendar.3F (check the calendar on the right side of the page)

Here's a link to Peter's last AMA session on Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1cmn1x/we_are_a_music_management_company_that_represents

We learnt about the progress of Jimmy Page's solo album (or rather, the lack of it) as well as the timescale of the Led Zeppelin remaster box sets and some hints about their contents.

Just to remind you guys, you need to make an account on Reddit to post questions for Peter. You just need to specify a username and password, no email address is required. If we don't post Led Zeppelin/Jimmy Page questions, Peter won't answer them.

What do you think you be a good question to ask about Led Zeppelin, at this point?

I plan to repeat every one of the questions that I asked previously to see if his response has changed.

So I'll ask: What's the progress with Jimmy Page's solo record? What's the progress with the remaster box sets? What's in the remastered box sets?

I plan to repeat every one of the questions that I asked previously to see if his response has changed.

So I'll ask: What's the progress with Jimmy Page's solo record? What's the progress with the remaster box sets? What's in the remastered box sets?

Cool!

Maybe we could ask him if Jimmy plans on releasing more live concerts.

Cool!

Maybe we could ask him if Jimmy plans on releasing more live concerts.

As in recorded Led Zeppelin concerts? I imagine they'd be related to the box sets. Also worth asking about Jimmy's tour dates for this year ;)

Peter already answered my question when I asked him if any box sets will be out this year and if Coda will get one. I'm really having a hard time thinking what can top it..

Plans can change, and I'd argue that he gave non-answers, really.

These are all things I want to know too, Cookie. :) Thanks. Added to that, does Jimmy have any plans to use his website to post things for us in future?

SAJ..honestly you didn't :P

Thanks for the link Cookie:-)

My Questions will be...Has Jimmy ever taken the magnificent Bron-Yr-Aur and created a longer version? Any plans on doing an acoustic album or tour?..or/and, Does he have any video from New Orleans Municipal Auditorium live? :D

Peter might divulge a bit of info, but probably no specific details, unless he wants to experience the rack, by courtesy of Jimmy Page himself. :dont: We'll just speculate after this until Jimmy decides...it's time!

Very true. Should be an interesting session either way. Here's hoping the "fans" give him some good prompts to work from.

Peter might divulge a bit of info, but probably no specific details, unless he wants to experience the rack, by courtesy of Jimmy Page himself. :dont: We'll just speculate after this until Jimmy decides...it's time!

It wouldn't sell in sufficient numbers to make the production effort and promo duties worth it.

:

So is that why they're allowing German (and other European) bootleg labels to export their product to North America, for sale in big chain stores?

Just received this from the FBO site posted by Nech:

"According to Business week and of all places in an article on Plant's current tour it is proclaimed..

Page is set to release another album and embark on a tour late this year, while Jones has been working with Seasick Steve and has solo projects. Both have made optimistic noises about a tour while waiting for Plant to come back to the songs. The singer will headline the Bluesfest 2013 in London’s Royal Albert Hall in October.

Yesterday evening, he leaves the faithful with a hint of hope as he exits the stage.

“Remember, it’s never over,” he says. “See you soon.” "

Anyone also receive this, or can back this up? Perhaps question for Mr. Mensch....

That's from Stephanie's review of the Wolf Trap concert last night for Bloomberg. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-23/led-zeppelin-s-plant-tour-raises-reunion-hope-review.html

It's what we already know about Page and Jones' projects. I think her editor asked her to talk up the reunion side of things.

That should be enough to whip everyone up into a reunion frenzy....

Yep. When you're a journalist, and you write something like that, it becomes fact. Someone, somewhere will take the way those hints were reported as proof of a reunion.

As soon as I read "Page is set to release another album and embark on a tour late this year," I had my doubts. The evidence we have suggests otherwise.

When you're a journalist, and you write something like that, it becomes fact.

So, in other words, she's a misleading journalist (at best).

Archived