The Coolest Thing Happened Today...

Gina Bham Bound

The coolest thing happened today.....

This morning I was listening to Robert Plant's Greatest Hits as I waited for a business appointment to arrive. When the doorbell rang, I turned the volume off. Once our meeting was over, the gentleman asked me if I was a Led Zeppelin fan...he asked because he noticed the Robert Plant CD cover that I'd left on a table. I told him that I love LZ and went on to say that I had just attended the Robert Plant concert in Atlanta the previous week. He mentioned that he had seen some videos of the Atlanta show on youtube from someone named Bham or something like that. I laughed and told him those were MY videos on youtube. I said Gina Bham Bound is ME!! We started laughing....small world, huh?????

Anyway, the gentleman I met today is forum member, JABE!!! He told me about the forum, suggested I sign up, and the rest is history!

Footnote: Jabe and I had met a couple of times before but never talked music. Had I not left the CD cover on the table, he never would have known those were my videos of the Atlanta show. Also, I wouldn't be here today. Very cool stuff (cue Twilight Zone music)!!

Hi Jabe!!! Hi Everyone!!!! :)

How cool is that?

Welcome from next door in Georgia, Gina!

Well-played, jabe.

Maybe Sam has a reward system in place for recruiting new members! LOL

Thanks TypeO.

Gotta say Gina and her husband are as about as down to earth and easy going as anyone you would ever hope to meet.

Hope she doesn't get po'd for me posting this, but they're flying to St. Louis next month to catch Jason Bonham in concert as well.

Sam, how are my reward points and bonus points looking?

Hi Jabe! No worries...I was going to post it sooner or later. Looking forward to Heart as well!

Caught that tour in Tampa, you're in for a treat Gina! Can't believe they didn't have a "Heartbreaker Tour" t-shirt. They missed out on getting an extra $30 or so out of my pocket that night - bad business! ;)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Stormbringer!!!

Hi Walter! :wave: That's good to know because my expectations are high. I haven't had a chance to read reviews thus far so I'm glad you give it a thumbs up. Too bad you missed out on the t-shirt...did they sell out? Idea! I'll bet you can find one on ebay if you still want one. I know, it's not the same...more fun to purchase at the show. Or, I'll be happy to pick one up for you (assuming they have one) for $60. j/k ;)

No, they never even had them made for the tour! We were the 2nd stop, so they had to have all merch with them. Jason had a pretty cool tie-dye shirt, but not for $45 I believe it was. Anyway, we'd never seen Heart before and they were great. Jason's band is always very good - love it when they play When The Levee Breaks! Have fun!

:peace:

That's surprising!!

Glad you enjoyed it! The last time I saw Heart was in Nov 2010 at the Las Vegas Hilton...great show but I expect this one will be better because 1) they've been on tour quite awhile now, 2) this one is outdoors.

Thanks...just two more weeks to go... :)

Wow thats crazy. I was going to go to the Atlanta show but missed it, which crushed me haha. I know there were quite a few people on this forum that were going to attend. I was planning on meeting some.

Archived