Peter Grant at post-Zep shows

Greetings. I don't know if this has been covered in other threads (I've looked to no avail), but does anyone know if the late Peter Grant went to many post-Zep show by the surviving members?

I'd especially love to hear if he saw Page & Plant in 1994/95, and whether he commented on it at the time.

Cheers.

On the afternoon of 21 November 1995, while driving to his home at Eastbourne, Grant suffered a fatal heart attack, his son Warren by his side. He was 60 years old. Grant was buried on 4 December 1995 at Hellingly Cemetery with the funeral service held at St. Peter and St. Paul's Church, Hellingly, East Sussex. His eulogy was read by long time friend Alan Callan.[27] Coincidentally, it was the 15th anniversary of Led Zeppelin's official breakup. His final public appearance had been at the final night of the Page and Plant tour at the Wembley Arena in July 1995.

Did Grant attend any of the Outrider concerts or any of JPJ's post-Zep concerts?

To my knowledge the only solo era concerts Peter Grant attended was Robert in Brighton (December 17, 1983) & Page/Plant in Wembley (July 26, 1995). He did of course attend various concerts by other artists, to include Bad Company (in Fresno, CA) and The Everly Brothers in the UK (twice).

I read that Jimmy and Peter once attended a Frank Sinatra show at the Albert Hall.

Jimmy commented that He and Peter had box seats in a private balcony and that that was the only place in the Albert Hall that They where allowed to smoke cigarettes (or reefer).

I read that Jimmy and Peter once attended a Frank Sinatra show at the Albert Hall.

Jimmy commented that He and Peter had box seats in a private balcony and that that was the only place in the Albert Hall that They where allowed to smoke cigarettes (or reefer).

IIRC, this was in 1989. From what I've read, it was the first time the two men appeared together in public since Led Zeppelin broke up.

IIRC, this was in 1989. From what I've read, it was the first time the two men appeared together in public since Led Zeppelin broke up.

...see below...

Earliest confirmed appearance I'm aware of for Jimmy in his private RAH box is a Frank Sinatra concert the week of Sep 15-20 1980.

It is quite possible he purchased a private box earlier that year to coincide with his purchase of the Old Mill House near Windsor.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Any idea why Peter was not at the rock and roll hall of fame induction in 1995? Poor health?

Health concerns.

i remember JPJ mentioning Peter Grant once at an awards show, wonder why he didn't attend his funeral?

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were both in attendance at Peter's funeral service. It was held at St. Peter & St. Paul's Parish Church in the village of Hellingly, just down the road from Peter's former residence - Horselunges Manor - as depicted in TSRTS. The wake immediately afterward was held at Worth Farm in Little Horsted, and they both went though neither stayed long. These events occured December 4, 1995 (December 4, 1980 being the date Led Zeppelin publicly announced their disbandment).

Edited to add: As I recall JPJ sent a floral tribute.

Health concerns.

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were both in attendance at Peter's funeral service. It was held at St. Peter & St. Paul's Parish Church in the village of Hellingly, just down the road from Peter's former residence - Horselunges Manor - as depicted in TSRTS. The wake immediately afterward was held at Worth Farm in Little Horsted, and they both went though neither stayed long. These events occured December 4, 1995 (December 4, 1980 being the date Led Zeppelin publicly announced their disbandment).

Edited to add: As I recall JPJ sent a floral tribute.

thank you steve

Archived