Paul McCartney + David Gilmour at a Led Zeppelin concert

ledzepfilm

The picture is from 1976. Here's the discussion at yeeshkul http://www.yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread.php?28051-David-Paul-and-Linda-1975-picture

Former Beatle Paul McCartney and wife, Linda, were among the 250,000 crowd that witnesses the entertainment of the Rolling Stones on the grounds of Knebworth House late 8/21. It was after midnight when the Rolling Stones finally left the stage in a British version of Woodstock – an open-air concert for the quarter of a million fans. They played until the wee hours and the crowd was still dispersing at dawn.

113249028-paul-mccartney-with-david-gilm

Corbis-U1877748-630x415.jpg

1975%2B-%2BDavid%2BGilmour%2B_amp_%2BPau

As the guy in the yeeshkul thread said, it would have been "the coolest Rock picture of all time. McCartney and Gilmour at a LZ show."

No. A picture of Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix, and Miles Davis at a Led Zeppelin concert would be cooler...and the photo would have to show the boys on stage in the background. For a photo of Led Zeppelin on stage>than a photo of people watching the concert. :D

I can't imagine McCartney or Gilmour at a Led Zeppelin concert, myself.

Paul McCartney was at one of Led Zeppelin's Earl's Court gigs in 1975. That's when he first saw lasers used in a rock show; he feared the lasers were gonna slice Robert in pieces. He obviously was inspired by the Zeppelin concert as the lyrics to "Rock Show"attest.

I agree with you on David Gilmore...I cannot picture him, or any of the Floyd for that matter, at a Zeppelin concert, save for one of those festivals in the early days where they were on the same bill.

I can't imagine McCartney or Gilmour at a Led Zeppelin concert, myself.

Didn't Gilmour attend the 02 reunion show?

Still a cool photo, LZF, IMO. :thumbsup:

Yeah, so did Paul McCartney.

Why not? Gilmour could be a Zep fan and/or F.O.J. (friend of Jimmy), neither would surprise me.

I agree with you on David Gilmore...I cannot picture him, or any of the Floyd for that matter, at a Zeppelin concert, save for one of those festivals in the early days where they were on the same bill.

^^^

Gilmour was great on McCartney's Run Devil Run LP as well; I also think his solo on "No More Lonely Nights" is right up there as far as 'quintessential' David Gilmour guitar solos go, like "Comfortably Numb" and "Time"...

Yeah, so did Paul McCartney.

I was under the impression that most of Britain's "rock aristocracy" attended the O2 concert. In addition to McCartney and Gilmour, Mick Jagger, Jeff Beck, Brian May, Peter Gabriel, The Edge and Noel and Liam Gallagher also attended as guests.

^ Yeah that's the video I was referring to. He is pretty complimentary of Page though. He appeared on their 1986 album "Dirty Work", utter shite for the most part. The only thing worth listening to is the song which Jimmy plays on. Sounds like he's playing the brown tele which he was quite fond of in the 80s.

Who thought you would ever see Charlie Watts in a leather bikers jacket?

Why not? Gilmour could be a Zep fan and/or F.O.J. (friend of Jimmy), neither would surprise

They are on friendly terms. Jimmy attended one of David's solo gigs in '84 and took note of his drummer, Chris Slade. Consequently, David attended one of The Firm gigs in '85 (I don't have my notes with me at the moment so I'm unable to post specific details).

Why not? Gilmour could be a Zep fan and/or F.O.J. (friend of Jimmy), neither would surprise me.

I was referring to the period of 1968-1980, when Led Zeppelin was active...yes, I'm anal that way. I realize that Jimmy is pals with a bunch of people from his days as session man with Immediate Records and others, and has formed friendships and started hanging out in the 80s with many of these people. But during the band's heyday, it seemed like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd travelled in different circles most of the time. Their music and concerts had differing aims and goals, for one thing. Christ, I remember the hard time Danny Goldberg had getting any celebrities to show up for the Swan Song parties in 1974. Stars went out of their way to be seen at Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, CSN & Y, and other concerts, whereas it seemed like they would skulk under cloak of darkness to a Led Zeppelin gig, if they went at all. There just wasn't that vibe at American Led Zeppelin concerts of "oooh, let's see which celebrities show up at the Forum tonight"...and the band seemed to prefer it that way. Led Zeppelin concerts were for the fans; let the Rolling Stones hobnob with the jet-set. Granted, the UK shows at Earl's Court and Knebworth did seem to have a bit more star-sightings than usual, but those were the exception not the norm.

Except it's a fake.

So obvious, too, that I cannot believe nobody else spotted the fakery.

Except it's a fake.

It looks like McCartney circa 1967/68 as opposed to '73...he was into his Wings/mullet/semi-glam look in 1973, and probably wasn't even in New Orleans in May (I want to say Wings was actually touring Europe around that time) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived