LUCIFER RISING and other sound tracks

MLE

I favor the 'other' tracks, 'Unharmonics' especially...it's hypnotizing and even has this quality that induces imagery. Only thing; it's too short leaving me wanting more, which actually makes it all the more perfect! (Closest to a longer version, I guess would be 'A Shadow In The City'. Close but no cigar) But the whole album is great. I usually get the itch to give it a listen in the day while I'm busy doing housework but the album really sucks me in and I always catch myself sitting down getting lost in the music. That's power! This album sounds best to me late at night, sitting in the dark. I should probably invest in some candles, for the full effect...lol.

Anybody else enjoy this album? Which tracks are your favorite?

I love Lucifer Rising for the very reason it's avant-garde. I love all of the first side, which I owned on CD and a bootleg LP version. I think my favorites are also "Demask" and "Unharmonics," the former, I believe is the track that could come right out of the DWII score. I am going from memory. It's been awhile since I played my album.

The reason you have only received two responses to your o.p. may be due to the fact that there has already been a number of threads started by our members relating to 'Lucifer Rising' and the other soundtracks. These musical pieces have been extensively discussed there.

You may find it helpful to use the site's Search facility before starting a new thread. I have copied below a selection of existing threads dealing with 'Lucifer Rising'. You will also find threads dealing with 'Death Wish II' etc.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/17416-lucifer-rising/?hl=%2Blucifer+%

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/17510-beausoleilpage;-which-lucifer-rising-cover-do-you-prefer/?hl=%2Blucifer+%2Brising

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/17490-post-in-here-when-you-receive-your-lucifer-rising-soundtrack/?hl=%2Blucifer+%2Brising

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/12999-jimmy-page-lucifer-rising/?hl=%2Blucifer+%2Brising

The reason you have only received two responses to your o.p. may be due to the fact that there has already been a number of threads started by our members relating to 'Lucifer Rising' and the other soundtracks. These musical pieces have been extensively discussed there.

You may find it helpful to use the site's Search facility before starting a new thread. I have copied below a selection of existing threads dealing with 'Lucifer Rising'. You will also find threads dealing with 'Death Wish II' etc.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/17416-lucifer-rising/?hl=%2Blucifer+%

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/17510-beausoleilpage;-which-lucifer-rising-cover-do-you-prefer/?hl=%2Blucifer+%2Brising

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/17490-post-in-here-when-you-receive-your-lucifer-rising-soundtrack/?hl=%2Blucifer+%2Brising

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/12999-jimmy-page-lucifer-rising/?hl=%2Blucifer+%2Brising

Okay, thanks for the advice, will keep that in mind for the future. Although it's a good thing I didn't use the search function in this instance! Out of the four threads you posted links to, only FOUR, that's right, FOUR posts were made saying what members that bought the album liked about it, and only one member posted what their favorite tracks are on the album. That first thread is focused REAL hard on merchandising rather than what the whole purpose of buying the album is for...listening and enjoying it! :huh:

So my thread is in fact original and hasn't been talked about at all, really. Out of all the members on this forum who purchased the album, only two have thoughts about the music on it.

I only posted four as an example, there are other threads relating to the album where people do voice their opinion. However, I am too busy to spend time going through them - I have infinitely more important things to attend to in life.

Okay, thanks for the advice, will keep that in mind for the future. Although it's a good thing I didn't use the search function in this instance! Out of the four threads you posted links to, only FOUR, that's right, FOUR posts were made saying what members that bought the album liked about it, and only one member posted what their favorite tracks are on the album. That first thread is focused REAL hard on merchandising rather than what the whole purpose of buying the album is for...listening and enjoying it! :huh:

So my thread is in fact original and hasn't been talked about at all, really. Out of all the members on this forum who purchased the album, only two have thoughts about the music on it.

I liked the complete soundtrack, even before it ever got released by Jimmy himself.

It kinda inspired me to write similar kinds of creepy soundscapes, and still sounds amazing (even on the bootleg blue vinyl version from years ago)

Fav "new" track....Damask.

I'm sad to say that I don't own the soundtrack in any form -- hopefully my suggestion of a CD release is taken into consideration by Peter Mensch and/or Jimmy.

Correct. And when doing so in the capacity of my chosen profession, (as opposed to helping a friend on this site) I get paid rather a nice amount of money for it. Goodbye.

You're a real charmer, aren't you?

"Damask", "Unharmonics", and "Damask Ambient " are my favorite tracks.

I briefly owned a numbered copy of the album, number 319, but I sold it a couple of months after it came out. It's not really something that I'll just put on and listen to.

I'm sad to say that I don't own the soundtrack in any form -- hopefully my suggestion of a CD release is taken into consideration by Peter Mensch and/or Jimmy.

You're a real charmer, aren't you?

He is certainly dramatic. :).

I hope so, though I own it. My hope is Jimmy could get the rights from the Stones and release Brian's Degree of Murder score...among other releases.

He is certainly dramatic. :).

I hope so, though I own it. My hope is Jimmy could get the rights from the Stones and release Brian's Degree of Murder score...among other releases.

That's one I wasn't aware of until recently -- I'd love to hear it, although it's probably not as good as we'd hope.

I assume that if LR was to receive a CD release, it would be quite limited.

Would the Stones own this or Brian Jones' estate?

I am not sure. The Jojouka album was released on vynil, which I have, through the Stones post Brian's death.

That's one I wasn't aware of until recently -- I'd love to hear it, although it's probably not as good as we'd hope.

I assume that if LR was to receive a CD release, it would be quite limited.

Right now the only way to hear the music is within in the movie which is in circulation dubbed. I have a unoffical release of it. It's very interesting. Jimmy could fix up the music while Criterion or BFI could fix the movie and put it back in German.

I liked the complete soundtrack, even before it ever got released by Jimmy himself.

It kinda inspired me to write similar kinds of creepy soundscapes, and still sounds amazing (even on the bootleg blue vinyl version from years ago)

Fav "new" track....Damask.

Wow, that's wonderful that Lucifer Rising inspired you! What instruments do you play, reswati? Do you have links to your music on this forum?

Wow, that's wonderful that Lucifer Rising inspired you! What instruments do you play, reswati? Do you have links to your music on this forum?

This is one of the drones that I finally finished, all computer generated with some layers of backward voices etc, etc.

And an older one (used this as film music 7 years ago and decided to add more layers to the bowed guitars).

This is one of the drones that I finally finished, all computer generated with some layers of backward voices etc, etc.

And an older one (used this as film music 7 years ago and decided to add more layers to the bowed guitars).

I could see these being used as film music. They're spooky; would work well for Halloween. I could blare them out of my windows! Lucifer Rising would be perfect, only there is a Jehovah's Witness church down the street from my neighborhood which could result in endless knocks on my door from proselytizers, lol.

Thanks for sharing!

Archived