Bands or artists who dislike Zeppelin

Charles J. White

Well, honestly I don't see why people get mad over Pete's hatred towards Zeppelin. The interviewer asked him what he thought about Zeppelin and he gave his opinion, he said he liked them as people and presented good reasons to why he didn't like them. I never heard him say "stairway to heaven is horible and baba o riley is the best song ever". He's not full of it, he just gave a straight and honest awnser on what he felt about that particular band. I would have said the same thing if I was in his position.

And I love the Who almost as much as I love Zepp.

He seems to be singing "I just don't care" over and over again at the beginning. Then "Led Zeppelin don't let them in".

Is there any beginning to this guy's talent?

I can't understand a word this nitwit is saying -(singing). Horrible sound he is making with the guitar and his frog like voice.

I can't understand a word this nitwit is saying -(singing). Horrible sound he is making with the guitar and his frog like voice.

He seems to be singing "I just don't care" over and over again at the beginning. Then "Led Zeppelin don't let them in".

Is there any beginning to this guy's talent?

Yer .....................He is a bit naff

asked why AC/DC adopted a simplistic style of Rock'n'roll . Angus Young said " after seeing Led Zeppelin with their endless solos and feeling the band had an aloof attitude to the audience I was left feeling alienated by their show, I wanted to connect with my auidence " ..... or something along those lines

Rod "The Mod" Stewart on Led Zeppelin:

"Led Zeppelin only came about because of the Jeff Beck Group . . . I believe that if the Jeff Beck Group (Beck, Stewart and Ron Wood) had
stayed together. Led Zeppelin would have had a lot of competition . . . I remember it was in Miami and Jimmy Page (Zeppelin guitarist) came over and watched every number we played for six or seven gigs, went back to London and formed exactly the same lineup we had — a singer, a bass player and a drummer."

"Jeff "Beck," Stewart offered, - is a better guitar player than Jimmy Page — 10 times better."

SYRACUSE (NY) POST-STANDARD, April 22, 1978

Rod "The Mod" Stewart on Led Zeppelin:

"Led Zeppelin only came about because of the Jeff Beck Group . . . I believe that if the Jeff Beck Group (Beck, Stewart and Ron Wood) had

stayed together. Led Zeppelin would have had a lot of competition . . . I remember it was in Miami and Jimmy Page (Zeppelin guitarist) came over and watched every number we played for six or seven gigs, went back to London and formed exactly the same lineup we had — a singer, a bass player and a drummer."

"Jeff "Beck," Stewart offered, - is a better guitar player than Jimmy Page — 10 times better."

SYRACUSE (NY) POST-STANDARD, April 22, 1978

That's right, because before the Jeff Beck Group came around no one ever thought of the idea of a four-piece band.

Even IF JBG somehow did not manage to implode due to the overtly temperamental nature of Jeff, they were in fact a one-trick pony so to speak and would have faded away. Jeff would never have allowed another band member to take the spotlight like Jimmy did with the other members (on occasion that is), and though Jeff is a brilliant guitarist, both in their prime were equal IMO.

Rod is just pissed because Plant remained relevant while he moved to singing tunes from the 30's and 40's to 100 year old widows.

That's right, because before the Jeff Beck Group came around no one ever thought of the idea of a four-piece band.

Even IF JBG somehow did not manage to implode due to the overtly temperamental nature of Jeff, they were in fact a one-trick pony so to speak and would have faded away. Jeff would never have allowed another band member to take the spotlight like Jimmy did with the other members (on occasion that is), and though Jeff is a brilliant guitarist, both in their prime were equal IMO.

Rod is just pissed because Plant remained relevant while he moved to singing tunes from the 30's and 40's to 100 year old widows.

I seem to recall Rod mentions it again perhaps a month ago on the Howard Stern show and he hinted at it as well on the BBC back in Aug of 2013. So there really are a bunch of jealous wankers who never could deal with Led Zeppelin

And now we have the biggest arse from the 60’s Jack Bruce and his “Cream”…

"They hijacked that gig because it was supposed to be a tribute to [late Atlantic label boss] Ahmet Ertegun," says Bruce. "We [Cream] were going to be playing it: it was going to be at the Royal Albert Hall, with the Stones playing too, but they hijacked it and made it into a sort of Zeppelin gig.

"Eric [Clapton] and I decided we didn't want to be a part of it. They moved it to the O2, and it had gone in the wrong direction for us as a tribute to Ahmet." "Obviously, there's a little bit of jealousy on my part with Zeppelin, more than a little bit. The audience was created by Cream and Jimi Hendrix, and Zeppelin came along and had a very easy ride. We were the pioneers, and pioneers often don't get the recognition they deserve.

"And let's face it, Jimmy Page ain't no Eric Clapton… the only decent guy in that band is dead."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/jack-bruce-the-only-decent-guy-in-led-zeppelin-is-dead-180070

“Everybody talks about Led Zeppelin, and they played one fucking gig – one fucking lame gig – while Cream did weeks of gigs. Proper gigs, not just a lame gig like Zeppelin did, with all the [vocal] keys lowered and everything.

“We played everything in the original keys. [becoming animated]: Fuck off, Zeppelin, you’re crap. You’ve always been crap and you’ll never be anything else. The worst thing is that people believe the crap that they’re sold. Cream is 10 times the band that Led Zeppelin is.”

Ling: That’s a bold opinion.
Bruce: “What? You’re gonna compare Eric Clapton with that fucking Jimmy Page? Would you really compare that?”

Ling: To be fair, they’re different kinds of player, aren’t they?
Bruce: “No! Eric’s good and Jimmy’s crap. And with that I rest my case.”

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/jack-bruce-calls-led-zep-lame-jimmy-page-crap-179860

Jack Bruce is the kind of guy who makes me ashamed to be Scottish. Everything he says in the quotes below is a result of being twisted, jealous and bitter.

I recall JB saying that he wouldn't have minded having Peter Grant as a manager - well, hard luck Jack - it didn't happen. What makes him think Peter Grant would have given him the time of day?

And now we have the biggest arse from the 60’s Jack Bruce and his “Cream”…

"They hijacked that gig because it was supposed to be a tribute to [late Atlantic label boss] Ahmet Ertegun," says Bruce. "We [Cream] were going to be playing it: it was going to be at the Royal Albert Hall, with the Stones playing too, but they hijacked it and made it into a sort of Zeppelin gig.

"Eric [Clapton] and I decided we didn't want to be a part of it. They moved it to the O2, and it had gone in the wrong direction for us as a tribute to Ahmet." "Obviously, there's a little bit of jealousy on my part with Zeppelin, more than a little bit. The audience was created by Cream and Jimi Hendrix, and Zeppelin came along and had a very easy ride. We were the pioneers, and pioneers often don't get the recognition they deserve.

"And let's face it, Jimmy Page ain't no Eric Clapton… the only decent guy in that band is dead."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/jack-bruce-the-only-decent-guy-in-led-zeppelin-is-dead-180070

“Everybody talks about Led Zeppelin, and they played one fucking gig – one fucking lame gig – while Cream did weeks of gigs. Proper gigs, not just a lame gig like Zeppelin did, with all the [vocal] keys lowered and everything.

“We played everything in the original keys. [becoming animated]: Fuck off, Zeppelin, you’re crap. You’ve always been crap and you’ll never be anything else. The worst thing is that people believe the crap that they’re sold. Cream is 10 times the band that Led Zeppelin is.”

Ling: That’s a bold opinion.
Bruce: “What? You’re gonna compare Eric Clapton with that fucking Jimmy Page? Would you really compare that?”

Ling: To be fair, they’re different kinds of player, aren’t they?
Bruce: “No! Eric’s good and Jimmy’s crap. And with that I rest my case.”

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/jack-bruce-calls-led-zep-lame-jimmy-page-crap-179860

• 3 weeks later...

I could imagine all these bands who disliked Zeppelin! 'Zeppelins always selling out all the shows' 'Zeppelin stole a couple of lyrics from previous artists, and should permanently have trash talked about them even though we all do it' 'Jimmy Page is the worst guitarist ever, though he comes up with tons of great riffs and killer solos' 'Zeppelin always gets all the pussy' hahaha those are fake quotes btw lol besides one I recently seen saying (I think Eric Clapton but can't remember perfectly) attending a show in 73' and said 'it was unnecessarily loud' I would've said to go home and listen to B side of III as quietly as you prefer..

• 4 weeks later...

Erm...weren't The Beatles a four-piece group?

That Stamos guy really worked it all out in details, how to tell his bullshit story, to make it sound beliveable! But I'm shure it's crap!

I mean, everbody needs some time to learn a song, sometimes less sometimes more, but also all the other information sounds bullshit

and what key is the Over the hills solo played, that Jimmy played in the 80's?? Anyone please?? Thanks!

Why I think it's bullshit? Because it's so predictable in mixing in everything from jack daniels, strange sexual practices, strange guitars and Jimmy prefering certain keys, but which does not mean he can't play in others!

I don't know this Stamos guy, but it seems to me he likes to be cool, by putting a legend down!

Archived