Boston

luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...

The following is the official announcement regarding the new album:

boston_life_love_hope_200.jpg

Boston To Release New Album In December

More than 10 years in the making, BOSTON's new studio album, "Life, Love & Hope" is ready for release! Finally emerging from his Hideaway Studio II, Tom Scholz says, "These are songs from the heart, each of them taking many months of effort to write, arrange, perform and record, always up to the demands of BOSTON's harshest critic, me. They have all been meticulously recorded to analogue tape on the same machines and equipment used for BOSTON's hits for the past 35 years."

Available on December 3 on Frontiers Records, this album includes lead vocals from Brad Delp, Tommy DeCarlo, Kimberley Dahme, David Victor, and Tom Scholz, and features tracks with the classic BOSTON sound, as well as the latest in the evolution of Scholz' musical artistry. "I intentionally stayed close to the early BOSTON style on some of the songs, even using the same amps and instruments; on others I let my imagination run wild," says Tom.

All the tracks have the characteristic BOSTON trademark guitars, harmonies, and immaculately-crafted sound. Tom worked very hard to fulfill the expectations of BOSTON fans new and old, and has created a diverse yet cohesive album that truly has something for everyone.

http://www.thirdstage.ca/boston/news/latest-news/792-breaking-news-from-tom-scholz-basement

Boston's new studio album, "Life, Love & Hope" will be released on December 3 via Frontiers Records. More than a decade in the making, the new album features 11 tracks complete with the classic and beloved Boston sound, as well as the latest in the evolution of Tom Scholz' musical artistry.

Diverse and cohesive, the long-awaited album has something for everyone. It fulfills the expectations of Boston fans, while exposing a new generation to one of the world's greatest rock 'n' roll bands.

Says Scholz; "These are songs from the heart, each of them taking many months of effort to write, arrange, perform and record, always up to the demands of Boston's harshest critic, Me. The songs have been meticulously recorded to analogue tape on the same machines and equipment used for Boston's hits for the past 35 years."

In 1976, Boston burst onto the music scene with their eponymous best-selling album and never looked back. With over 17 million copies sold, Boston's hits included "More Than A Feeling", "Peace Of Mind" and "Smokin'" -- rock staples that are still in heavy rotation today.

Their second album, "Don't Look Back", was another chart-topper that confirmed their place in rock history, followed by "Third Stage" , which hit #1 on the charts, with the top single of 1986, "Amanda". With over 31 million albums sold to date, Boston's music has stood the test of time, as evidenced by live Boston audiences that spans generations.

"Life, Love & Hope" includes lead vocals from Brad Delp and prodigy Tommy DeCarlo, as well as Kimberley Dahme, David Victor, and songwriter Scholz himself. The new album features tracks that embody Boston's style on some of the songs, even using the same amps and instruments; on others I let my imagination run wild," says Scholz.

A beautiful full-color booklet with notes from Scholz and detailed song credits accompanies "Live, Love & Hope".

"Life, Love & Hope" track listing:

01. Heaven on Earth

02. Didn't Mean To Fall In Love

03. Last Day Of School

04. Sail Away

05. Life, Love & Hope

06. If Your Were In Love

07. Someday

08. Love Got Away

09. Someone (2.0)

10. You Gave Up On Love (2.0)

11. The Way You Look Tonight

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/boston-more-life-love-hope-album-details-revealed/

bostonlifecd_zps23f2d2b3.jpg

bostonlifelove_600_zpsdc601795.jpg

bostonbandcollage_600_zps563d6829.jpg

Boston! :hysterical: Don't know about the rest of you, but I think I was 11 when their first album came out, and More Than a Feeling certainly wasn't my favorite on that album, but my younger self used to love Smokin', especially the part with the insistent riffing and the harpsichord and then the organ ... so way over the fucking top it's ridiculous. But I feel a kind of fondness for it now!

Boston's new studio album...More than a decade in the making...

Aren't all of their albums "more than a decade in the making"? Boston has been around since, what, 1976, and they have four albums to their credit? That's slower than 'Zeppelin time'. :rolleyes:

Aren't all of their albums "more than a decade in the making"? Boston has been around since, what, 1976, and they have four albums to their credit? That's slower than 'Zeppelin time'. :rolleyes:

This will be their (his) sixth..

Boston - 1976

Don't Look Back -1978

Third Stage -1986

Walk On -1994

Corporate America - 2002

Life Love and Hope - 2013

• 9 months later...

Archived