02 Concert released on Swan Song Records?

Iriquidian

What's the current status of Swan Song as a label? I thought it effectively went under a long time ago. Was that just in reference to publishing other than LZ?

"Went under" is probably the wrong term, as it implies bankruptcy. I believe it was shuttered up after Coda was released other than one release in '83 when Phil Carson tried to revive it.

"Went under" is probably the wrong term, as it implies bankruptcy. I believe it was shuttered up after Coda was released other than one release in '83 when Phil Carson tried to revive it.

plant's first solo record was on swan song, also death wish II by jimmy page

so I'm assuming the 02 show will be on swan song records? how cool

What's the current status of Swan Song as a label? I thought it effectively went under a long time ago. Was that just in reference to publishing other than LZ?

Swan Song published many bands, including Bad Company.

SwanSong didn't publish anybody; they were Zeppelins pet label (much like Rocafella for Jay-Z today) Zeppelins publishing was handled through their own publishing companies Superhype Music and later Flames of Albion Music. Swan Song was distributed by Atlantic. I have no idea who the Swan Song artists were published through. Most likely similar to zeppelin, their own publishing entities administered by a major.

Looking at How The West Was Won, that was brought out on Atlantic, who I believe were involved as the main distributors of Swan Song releases back in the Zeppelin days.

There is no reference to Swan Song on How The West Was Won, so I wouldn't expect there to be any reference to it on any new release.

Archived