Throwing The Wild Seeds - Nassau 1975 - Godfather Records

lololabrute

• 2 weeks later...

I am now listening to the first disc from February 13th. Beside of few extremely minor drops at the very start of Rock and Roll (due to overloading the tape/brickwalling that is obviously presetned on the original EVSD title), the sound is much improved, upfront and punchy/fresh. The spectrum is wider, drums are much more positioned on both channels and sometimes you can feel that sound is a tiny bit panoramic, which is a nice thing (at least for me). Sometimes it sounds just like officially released parts of Earl's Court gigs from DVD but with less reverb.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in Nov 2010 Some Internet Friends of Mine got their hands on the silver rip of St Valentine's Day Massacre and did a remaster, They named it Throwing the The Wild Seeds. It Seems Godfather Records Took what they did and put it out under their label as their own.

Here is the original text file that came with the torrent which was posted in November of 2010.

Led Zeppelin - "Throwing The Wild Seeds"
February, 14th, 1975, Uniondale, New York, Nassau County Coliseum
Remastered Soundboard Recording, (A Group/Personal Project)
Lineage: "St.Valentines Day Massacre", (EVSD), Silvers > EAC > WAV > Flac > TLH, Decode > WAV > REM > Flac (8)
Label: N/A
Original Taper: N/A
Disc One:
1) Rock And Roll
2) Sick Again
3) Over The Hills And Far Away
4) In My Time Of Dying
5) Since I've Been Loving You
6) The Song Remains The Same
7) The Rain Song
Disc Two:
1) Kashmir
2) No Quarter
3) Trampled Underfoot
4) Moby Dick
Disc Three:
1) Dazed And Confused (Includes: "San Francisco")
2) Stairway To Heaven
3) Whole Lotta Love (Includes: "The Crunge")
4) Black Dog
5) Heartbreaker
Enjoy!
Please Do Not Convert To Lossy Formats
Please Do Not Sell
Please Share With Others
Notes:
In regards to the title:
Originally, we were going to call this show "My Bloody Valentine", partly as a reference to the day the concert was played, and partly as a reference to the noise rock band of the same name.
In the end though, it just didn't work, so we tried to find something in the press releases, and the plantations, and we came up with "Throwing The Wild Seeds" from a Plantation made early on in the show.
Hope everyone here will enjoy this.
Cheers!

I was just listening to the EV recording from the 14th this morning on the road trip from up north, love listening to live Zep while traveling through the great plains of Kansas and Oklahoma.....anyway, considering all the plantations during the show, I was thinking there could have been a better title that the "St Valentine's Day Massacre".......Throwing the wild seeds is PERFECT.

Back in Nov 2010 Some Internet Friends of Mine got their hands on the silver rip of St Valentine's Day Massacre and did a remaster, They named it Throwing the The Wild Seeds. It Seems Godfather Records Took what they did and put it out under their label as their own.

Here is the original text file that came with the torrent which was posted in November of 2010.

Led Zeppelin - "Throwing The Wild Seeds"

February, 14th, 1975, Uniondale, New York, Nassau County Coliseum

Remastered Soundboard Recording, (A Group/Personal Project)

Lineage: "St.Valentines Day Massacre", (EVSD), Silvers > EAC > WAV > Flac > TLH, Decode > WAV > REM > Flac (8)

Label: N/A

Original Taper: N/A

Disc One:

1) Rock And Roll

2) Sick Again

3) Over The Hills And Far Away

4) In My Time Of Dying

5) Since I've Been Loving You

6) The Song Remains The Same

7) The Rain Song

Disc Two:

1) Kashmir

2) No Quarter

3) Trampled Underfoot

4) Moby Dick

Disc Three:

1) Dazed And Confused (Includes: "San Francisco")

2) Stairway To Heaven

3) Whole Lotta Love (Includes: "The Crunge")

4) Black Dog

5) Heartbreaker

Enjoy!

Please Do Not Convert To Lossy Formats

Please Do Not Sell

Please Share With Others

Notes:

In regards to the title:

Originally, we were going to call this show "My Bloody Valentine", partly as a reference to the day the concert was played, and partly as a reference to the noise rock band of the same name.

In the end though, it just didn't work, so we tried to find something in the press releases, and the plantations, and we came up with "Throwing The Wild Seeds" from a Plantation made early on in the show.

Hope everyone here will enjoy this.

Cheers!

Indeed. The 1975/02/14 show is a direct copy of something that was freely provided, after a lot of hard work mind you, on the internet three years ago.

I find the rants of individuals who complain about EV and the cost and the subjective "harsh" sounds, and then praise Godfather about how great and cheap they are, when they are still making money off of freely shared tracks, rather amusing.

If you never take the time to look at things from both sides it is impossible to educate yourself. The world of Led Zeppelin is huge - nothing takes the place of an experienced and seasoned 20+ year following of the group. Got to have a constantly evolving working knowledge of this band and their music, and who makes what and the source of this and the mastering of that. Don't assume you've got it figured out and that certain people are crooks and others are saints. You can have an opinion, but opinions aren't facts.

Maybe I'm full of it, surmise what you will, but with Zeppelin and live recordings things are never what they seem.

I can't agree at all, ListentoThis ;). I already compared Godfather's version with the fan made production because I was too much curious if Godfather's mix is really a direct copy of the release and even if both versions are similar, I do believe that Godfather's mix is a bit different; however both are much identical in many spots.

I can't agree at all, ListentoThis ;). I already compared Godfather's version with the fan made production because I was too much curious if Godfather's mix is really a direct copy of the release and even if both versions are similar, I do believe that Godfather's mix is a bit different; however both are much identical in many spots.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing. If you enjoy it that's all that matters.

• 2 months later...

I haven't listened to/downloaded the 14th from this set (I have the complete SBD/AUD patch job, so I'm satisfied with that), but as far as the 13th goes, it's definitely worth trading in either the EVSD or dadgad version for. The sound is much, much cleaner and crisper. Definitely a huge upgrade. This is the only other Godfatherecords title besides 'The American Return' (1975/03/11) and Conquering Kingdome (1977/07/17) that would I regard as a 'must have'.

Archived