Throwing The Wild Seeds - Nassau 1975 - Godfather Records

lololabrute

I haven't listened to/downloaded the 14th from this set (I have the complete SBD/AUD patch job, so I'm satisfied with that), but as far as the 13th goes, it's definitely worth trading in either the EVSD or dadgad version for. The sound is much, much cleaner and crisper. Definitely a huge upgrade. This is the only other Godfatherecords title besides 'The American Return' (1975/03/11) and Conquering Kingdome (1977/07/17) that would I regard as a 'must have'.

In fact, some of Godfather's other titles are huge upgrades too. The "How the West Was Won Revisited" box set containing June 1972 San Bernardino, Los Angeles and Long Beach shows might be considered as upgraded versions for all three dates released previously on numerous bootlegs and quality is really nice (especially for the Long Beach show, which is known to be released only on Led Note label with rather poor sound).

"A Celebration For Being Who You Are" is another cool example of nice composition of audience and boad sources for June 2nd, 1973 show.

"Ascension in the Wane" set, containing all board recordings from UK 1973 tour is another fine release, and even if some of tapes are described as being shorter/less complete than previous titles, the sound is really nice up here.

Try to listen February 14th when you find time; I was sceptical at the start but fter initial listening I can say that this is the best version so far for this date.

Indeed. The 1975/02/14 show is a direct copy of something that was freely provided, after a lot of hard work mind you, on the internet three years ago.

I find the rants of individuals who complain about EV and the cost and the subjective "harsh" sounds, and then praise Godfather about how great and cheap they are, when they are still making money off of freely shared tracks, rather amusing.

If you never take the time to look at things from both sides it is impossible to educate yourself. The world of Led Zeppelin is huge - nothing takes the place of an experienced and seasoned 20+ year following of the group. Got to have a constantly evolving working knowledge of this band and their music, and who makes what and the source of this and the mastering of that. Don't assume you've got it figured out and that certain people are crooks and others are saints. You can have an opinion, but opinions aren't facts.

Maybe I'm full of it, surmise what you will, but with Zeppelin and live recordings things are never what they seem.

As Robert Plant said, "We ought to be pirates".

Look, I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers here, but it doesn't matter how you attain and listen to your Led Zeppelin live collection. Unless you just stick to the official live releases (TSRTS, BBC Sessions, HTWWW/DVD, and Celebration Day) and purchased them thru official channels, any other live recordings you collect puts you in the shadowy world of piracy and copyright infringement. It doesn't matter if you seed a torrent tree and share freely or if you buy Japanese boots from a Tokyo shop or a flea market in Manchester...you're acquiring something that Led Zeppelin doesn't officially sanction or earns any money from.

And yes, I freely admit that I am one of those people...I have bought/traded for hundreds of Led Zeppelin bootlegs. Criticize me all you want, but I do so with a clear conscience. I have spent untold dollars buying and re-buying every album in Led Zeppelin's catalogue...in vinyl, cassette, and cd formats. I hustled washing cars, mowing yards, babysitting brats, anything to save up the dough I needed to buy the newest Led Zeppelin album as soon as it was released. Then there was the money I spent on concerts, posters, books, magazines, shirts. I sacrificed sleep and personal comfort waiting in line in the cold to buy concert tickets. I risked everything (health and home) to see them in 1975. I have paid my dues, and then some, as a Led Zeppelin fan.

The BBC Sessions, TSRTS, HTWWW, and the other official releases are nice. But they're not enough for this addicted Zeppelin fan. Sorry, I cannot stop at a few measly concerts, and I would be dead if I waited for Jimmy and the others to decide to release whatever is in the live vaults. So if I want to collect as many Led Zeppelin concerts as I can get my hands on, whatever their provenance, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

It so happens that it's easier and more suitable for me to get my bootlegs the old-fashioned way, and that's how I prefer to listen to them. Not that I'm a Luddite per se, but I'm definitely old-school. I got rid of my computer and I'm trying to live a life more unplugged. I prefer not to use up a lot of memory space on my phone, so I only have one show on it for listening during commutes: 1977 Pontiac Silverdome that someone was kind enough to share.

And I share in my own way, too. I have freely sent out at least 50 bootlegs in cd or vinyl form to various friends here on the forum, and if they wish to feed or seed a torrent or trading tree with them, they are welcome to.

Call me pirate, call me thief, call me whatever you like. But don't think for a minute you're not the same if you have any Led Zeppelin shows in your collection that are not officially sanctioned. We are all sinners here. Just because you're a member of Freezer's Magic Circle doesn't make you more of a saint.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not heard this show, is Robert's vocals better than on the 12th? That show (Four Blocks in the Snow) would have been brilliant had Plant not been sick and sounded absolutely horrible.

• 2 years later...
On 2/23/2014 at 3:43 PM, Strider said:

As Robert Plant said, "We ought to be pirates".

Look, I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers here, but it doesn't matter how you attain and listen to your Led Zeppelin live collection. Unless you just stick to the official live releases (TSRTS, BBC Sessions, HTWWW/DVD, and Celebration Day) and purchased them thru official channels, any other live recordings you collect puts you in the shadowy world of piracy and copyright infringement. It doesn't matter if you seed a torrent tree and share freely or if you buy Japanese boots from a Tokyo shop or a flea market in Manchester...you're acquiring something that Led Zeppelin doesn't officially sanction or earns any money from.

And yes, I freely admit that I am one of those people...I have bought/traded for hundreds of Led Zeppelin bootlegs. Criticize me all you want, but I do so with a clear conscience. I have spent untold dollars buying and re-buying every album in Led Zeppelin's catalogue...in vinyl, cassette, and cd formats. I hustled washing cars, mowing yards, babysitting brats, anything to save up the dough I needed to buy the newest Led Zeppelin album as soon as it was released. Then there was the money I spent on concerts, posters, books, magazines, shirts. I sacrificed sleep and personal comfort waiting in line in the cold to buy concert tickets. I risked everything (health and home) to see them in 1975. I have paid my dues, and then some, as a Led Zeppelin fan.

The BBC Sessions, TSRTS, HTWWW, and the other official releases are nice. But they're not enough for this addicted Zeppelin fan. Sorry, I cannot stop at a few measly concerts, and I would be dead if I waited for Jimmy and the others to decide to release whatever is in the live vaults. So if I want to collect as many Led Zeppelin concerts as I can get my hands on, whatever their provenance, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

It so happens that it's easier and more suitable for me to get my bootlegs the old-fashioned way, and that's how I prefer to listen to them. Not that I'm a Luddite per se, but I'm definitely old-school. I got rid of my computer and I'm trying to live a life more unplugged. I prefer not to use up a lot of memory space on my phone, so I only have one show on it for listening during commutes: 1977 Pontiac Silverdome that someone was kind enough to share.

And I share in my own way, too. I have freely sent out at least 50 bootlegs in cd or vinyl form to various friends here on the forum, and if they wish to feed or seed a torrent or trading tree with them, they are welcome to.

Call me pirate, call me thief, call me whatever you like. But don't think for a minute you're not the same if you have any Led Zeppelin shows in your collection that are not officially sanctioned. We are all sinners here. Just because you're a member of Freezer's Magic Circle doesn't make you more of a saint.

Strider.....think this is the best post i have ever seen on this forum.....barr none! I was searching this post as i wanted to see if people thought if the 13/2/75 show was any good....i haven't heard it yet. I was born in '74 so never saw them. I remember seeing a bootleg album in my local record store when i was 14 and nearly creamed! It cost a fortune, but i worked my arse off to get the money for it. And you know what.....it sounded like shit! Haha....still the anticipation was unbelievable once i'd bought it and was on my way home....the record in my plastic bag! 

• 2 weeks later...

I've never liked Godfather, but do have a few of their releases of '75 soundboards. They sound like repackaged fan remasters from the internet burned onto discs to me. I highly doubt the source is original and doubt they do much to the recordings that can't be found elsewhere. Didn't really care for the Long Beach '75 release of theirs.

Godfather did a great job on this.

Before the Boxed set GF had the 13 th and 14 th available. Out of print and haven't seen them anywhere.

The 13th was titled LED FACES OVER THE COLISEUM  and the 14th was a FEW HOURS WITH ST. VALENTINE.

The titles above are the exact source as the boxed version.

I gave up on finding them and ended up buying the box set. Still a few weeks before they arrive from France. That leaves me with only 4 Titles left to complete run, including the Long Beach 75 tapes Boxed Set

Throwing the Wild Seeds was released as the show from the 14th. The AP version runs fast but Throwing the Wild Seeds by SCORPIO is fantastic document.

I have an extra copy , free for anyone . First PM wins. Problem with photos, but I was pleasantly surprised with SCORPIO s packing.

Godfather has apparently went under. I've been buying some Graf Zeppelin sets and I highly recommend them. Many of their title are definitive. OMS has some great shows too

image.jpeg

Archived