Happy Halloween!

TypeO

Julie, surely you celebrate Halloween in Oz, right? Australians are a notoriously fun-loving bunch, I can't believe they'd let this holiday pass by.

TypeO, your boy is handsome, even with the gaping head wounds.

I really admire that "crying child" pumpkin that Strider posted. Someone there was thinking outside of the box, kudos to 'em.

it has no meaning what so ever to us ( i don't even know the origins ! ).

of course our retail shops are selling the stuff, trying with all their might to get us to waste our money on it......

it has no meaning what so ever to us ( i don't even know the origins ! ).

of course our retail shops are selling the stuff, trying with all their might to get us to waste our money on it......

Hey now, don't get all judgemental on us Americans, it's not like we appropriated and bastardized some ancient pagan rite of harvest simply for profit :poke:

Good Lord! How did you and your son make those wounds? They look scarily real.

Mine began with wound decals, then I built up the edges with Creepy Flesh from the Halloween store, kind of a waxy-oily substance with some cotton fiber in it to give it more consistency.

It's easily molded into little ridges or flaps to look like skin, and then I finish off with fake blood to give it a shiny, fresh look, LOL.

I ran out of decals, so for my son I just used the red and black grease paint make-up crayons we had to make a dark reddish wound area, then proceeded the same with the skin stuff.

• 11 months later...

Nice bump, and so timely!

This was half-price at Kroger last night - best $1.49 I've spent lately!

Just a simple nylon cap with a skull face printed on.

I also got the other one that was the last one left, except it had a jack-o-lantern face instead.

post-4573-0-80543200-1414770972_thumb.jp post-4573-0-15579500-1414770999_thumb.jp

Of course, I'm set up for work today.

Didn't have enough time to do as good of a job this morning, but I'll have it right for tonight, since we're going to a party.

Happy Halloween!

post-4573-0-72341400-1414771024_thumb.jp post-4573-0-66470500-1414771040_thumb.jp

post-4573-0-05484000-1414771062_thumb.jp post-4573-0-30648300-1414771078_thumb.jp

Nice bump, and so timely!

This was half-price at Kroger last night - best $1.49 I've spent lately!

Just a simple nylon cap with a skull face printed on.

I also got the other one that was the last one left, except it had a jack-o-lantern face instead.

attachicon.gifIMG_3371.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_3372.JPG

Of course, I'm set up for work today.

Didn't have enough time to do as good of a job this morning, but I'll have it right for tonight, since we're going to a party.

Happy Halloween!

attachicon.gifIMG_3373.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_3375.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3374.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_3376.JPG

Dude that is impressive . Who did the stitchery?