Robert Plant confirmed for Bert Jansch tribute concert

slave to zep

Managed to get a ticket for this before they all sold out. Robert Plant, Eric Clapton and Roy Harper all in one billing? Incredible. With Donovan there as well, I'd say this is the most likely place for Jimmy to make a public appearance in 2013. In his own words: "At one point I was absolutely obsessed with Bert Jansch."

Cookie, how will you be able to contain yourself?

I was SO excited earlier. My arms were shaking a little. There were two seats left up at the back of the balcony. Managed to get one, the other is gone now. I don't care, the RFH is a great venue, I'll watch the BBC screening of the concert next year.

I had resigned myself to never seeing Eric Clapton live. I didn't think I'd see Robert Plant perform live again until the tour for his new album. I thought that Roy Harper was retiring back to Cork. How wrong I was! I'm going to see three of my most favourite musicians perform in one concert, playing songs they'll probably never play live again. Great stuff.

I was SO excited earlier. My arms were shaking a little. There were two seats left up at the back of the balcony. Managed to get one, the other is gone now. I don't care, the RFH is a great venue, I'll watch the BBC screening of the concert next year.

I had resigned myself to never seeing Eric Clapton live. I didn't think I'd see Robert Plant perform live again until the tour for his new album. I thought that Roy Harper was retiring back to Cork. How wrong I was! I'm going to see three of my most favourite musicians perform in one concert, playing songs they'll probably never play live again. Great stuff.

Cookie,

How awesome!!!

I am so excited for you!!! :D

I can't wait to hear your report on the evening!

Eric will steal the show.

Not my experience last time I saw Eric when he toured with Jeff Beck a few years ago. That was a snore fest if ever there was one. And I'm willing to bet there was a contractual obligation for Jeff not to step on Eric's persian rug on stage.

What a lineup! I certainly wish I could go (wrong continent I'm afraid).

Managed to get a ticket for this before they all sold out.

Awesome! Do you think you'll try to record the show?

Oh, and is it just me or does the link slavetozep posted go to an International Space Station live stream?

The only way Clapton would steal the show is through a contractual clause! I too saw him a couple of times, once in Chicago and once in LA and he was just flat, nothing! Maybe he was more passionate back in the day but when I first saw him in 1990 (I think it was 90') in Chicago I almost fell asleep. When I saw the televised Cream reunion from 2006 or whatever I got the same impression, the whole band was flat IMO. I think he is a good guitarist but unlike Jeff Beck he just does not have the passion, and unlike Page he NEVER takes a chance. If there is one quality I believe Page has above most guitarists is his ability to just go for it, take a chance shit or bust. Sure, sometimes it was shit but frequently it was brilliant. I just have no respect for musicians not willing to risk it all.

I sure hope Page shows up, he can play Black Mountain Side as a tribute to Bert!!!

JMO

What a lineup! I certainly wish I could go (wrong continent I'm afraid).

Awesome! Do you think you'll try to record the show?

Oh, and is it just me or does the link slavetozep posted go to an International Space Station live stream?

woopsie, fixed that, sorry!

The only way Clapton would steal the show is through a contractual clause! I too saw him a couple of times, once in Chicago and once in LA and he was just flat, nothing! Maybe he was more passionate back in the day but when I first saw him in 1990 (I think it was 90') in Chicago I almost fell asleep. When I saw the televised Cream reunion from 2006 or whatever I got the same impression, the whole band was flat IMO. I think he is a good guitarist but unlike Jeff Beck he just does not have the passion, and unlike Page he NEVER takes a chance. If there is one quality I believe Page has above most guitarists is his ability to just go for it, take a chance shit or bust. Sure, sometimes it was shit but frequently it was brilliant. I just have no respect for musicians not willing to risk it all.

I sure hope Page shows up, he can play Black Mountain Side as a tribute to Bert!!!

JMO

he was going through the motions big time. People here moan about RP doing reworked Zep songs but how many more times is EC going to do the acoustic version of Layla, wonderful tonight et al? Do layla the way it was originally done. He never said anything all night except shout thank you between songs. No conversation, no intimacy no atmosphere.

But this is something different and it will be interesting to see what song/tune each artist brings to the show.

I'm looking forward to it.

Update on this:

The verified, official Bert Jansch Twitter account just favourited a tweet I sent last night speculating that Jimmy Page may perform as part of the tribute concert. They don't often favourite tweets, so they searched for his name, saw that one, and chose to favourite it. None of the other tweets I sent about the show or links to buy tickets were favourited, just the one that reads as follows:

Next month’s Bert Jansch tribute concert is the most likely date in 2013 for Jimmy Page’s return to the stage after two years away.

Link: https://twitter.com/LedZepNews/status/398623746094665728

Update on this:

The verified, official Bert Jansch Twitter account just favourited a tweet I sent last night speculating that Jimmy Page may perform as part of the tribute concert. They don't often favourite tweets, so they searched for his name, saw that one, and chose to favourite it. None of the other tweets I sent about the show or links to buy tickets were favourited, just the one that reads as follows:

Link: https://twitter.com/LedZepNews/status/398623746094665728

A one off event? Check. Friends participating? Check. Backing band unnecessary? Check. New, original music not required? Check.

Managed to get a ticket for this before they all sold out. Robert Plant, Eric Clapton and Roy Harper all in one billing? Incredible. With Donovan there as well, I'd say this is the most likely place for Jimmy to make a public appearance in 2013. In his own words: "At one point I was absolutely obsessed with Bert Jansch."

wow,you UK guys luck out again

Archived