In The Evening intro played on a real gizmotron!

Aaron K.

• 1 year later...

The new model of the Gizmotron is set to be released in July 2015 at the NAMM show in Nashville. There is a model for guitar, and there is one for bass as well. They are being cagey on pricing. We shall see!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perhaps Aaron could explain better, but from what I heard the original was crap. The company/ project quickly went bankrupt. It was

brought about at least partially by members of 10cc, a British pop group. Obviously Page never used it live on ITE.

I suppose the device was unreliable for live work, or Page was too far gone to get the part together.

Remember the live solos for Hot Dog, Page never quite soloed over the changes properly, so that wasn't together either.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The Gizmotron was borrowed by Jimmy from Kevin Godley and Lol Creme for the recording. Not sure if he ever purchased one himself. I could see Jimmy use this on a double-neck Stratocaster. (One neck for the intro) and the other neck for playing the rest of the track live. 

Does anyone know of a long-standing guitar-mag or so which has reviewed the 2.0 ?? Sorry, I don't

trust the on-liners....too easy to plant positive reviews. Very possible it hasn't actually been released, so

no reviews. Actually the price could be a problem, because for perhaps $300 more you could get a

guitar synth with an expression pedal , put in a strange tuning, get close to what the Giz does,

and do much more. Of course guitar synths are all a bit finicky, but as creative as the Giz may be,

your'e paying 450$ for a one-function effect, as cool as that may sound.

• 4 years later...
On 3/29/2020 at 11:16 AM, reids said:

I’m looking at getting a Gizmotron 2.0 soon, as used in this “In The Evening” demo

R😎🎸👍

I am so glad you bumped this thread so I could see and hear this.  Gives me a new appreciation of how excellent that opening is.  Could be the best intro to any Zeppelin track.  Amazing.  Pure Page genius.

Edited by John M

4 hours ago, John M said:

I am so glad you bumped this thread so I could see and hear this.  Gives me a new appreciation of how excellent that opening is.  Could be the best intro to any Zeppelin track.  Amazing.  Pure Page genius.

😎🎸👍

R😎