Primus

My favorite band not from the 60's-70's.

Return of Tim Alexander and a possible new album (2013-present) In September 2013, Les revealed that Jay Lane has departed Primus to focus on RatDog with Bob Weir. Previous drummer Tim Alexander has rejoined the band in his place. The band plans on going into the studio in November to possibly record their eighth studio album, the name will be announced in 2014. :yes2:

I think those are the 2 best albums, in that order. :stereo:

One of my sons turned me on to Primus. Good band. He has a bunch of CDs by them. I have only 2, but I love em both:

Frizzle Fry

Sailing the Seas of Cheese

Also have Les Claypool guesting with Government Mule on "The Deepest End".

btw, if you haven't already, you should check out their newest album, 'green naugahyde'. probably their best work since seas of cheese imo. here's a taste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1aAedLJeMM

One of my sons turned me on to Primus. Good band. He has a bunch of CDs by them. I have only 2, but I love em both:

Frizzle Fry

Sailing the Seas of Cheese

Also have Les Claypool guesting with Government Mule on "The Deepest End".

• 7 months later...

The first official Primus show with Tim Alexander back on drums was New Year's Eve 2013 at The Fox Theater in Oakland. The band performed their first set in front of the iconic Suck On This backdrop, the very same one seen in the "Too Many Puppies" music video. For their second set, Primus (joined by saxophonist Skerik and percussionist Mike Dillon) performed the soundtrack from the 1971 film "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory" in its entirety. During a CNET.com interview, Les Claypool mentioned that the band is currently recording the Willy Wonka material.[31]

I`ve heard the name of the band over the last few years, the only member of the band is Les .Claypool. so I`m open minded can you point me on to the album which is there classic music, so I may enter the world of. PRIMUS on my :stereo: yes ooh yes...

I`ve heard the name of the band over the last few years, the only member of the band is Les .Claypool. so I`m open minded can you point me on to the album which is there classic music, so I may enter the world of. PRIMUS on my :stereo: yes ooh yes...

Hey John! Yea Les is pretty much the creative force in the band and the one thats been there since the beginning. I would definitely start with Frizzle Fry, one of my all-time favs.

Here's a few more of their best tracks:

BTW, if you hear someone say 'Primus Sucks', don't worry, it's a term of endearment. :lol:

Edited by Sathington Willoughby