02 related question for the older fans that were'nt there

Honeydripper

Well, I've pulled the film out of the vault. It runs 68 mins 26 secs. Skimmed thru it, and just prior to 'Crackback' he says "I can't get the angle of these mics, you know.

It's like..." (makes mocking pose)

Another interesting thing about this film is the taper goes onstage late in the show to get the crowd reaction. If your within the first three rows on the left side there's a good chance your on this tape.

At the end of the gig JPJ spots someone holding up a piece of paper, which he takes. It

reads in black marker "We want to sing Happy Birthday to Hugh!" JPJ leads everyone in a joyous rendition, before they all exit stage right.

I pretty much stood directly in front of JPJ for most of the show...and at times drifted back to friends 3-4 people deep. It's all standing room bar floor. The part with his mic stand being too tall was right when they first walked onstage.

I'm sure I have to be on there somewhere.....being dead in front of him....and myself being 6'4" 235 lbs. :whistling:

got three words for you Steve. rip,burn,mail ;):P

honestly I don't know how anyone who wasn't at the show can come to such a conclusion. I mean everyone's entitled to their opinion, and admittedly, I haven't read the entire thread......but i've seen a few people here commenting on lack of energy, passion , not the same thuunderous sound etc...... what are these concluisions based on? grainy clips taken from fan's cell phones posted on youtube? i mean I wasn't there or anything, so I definitely won't criticize their sound based on these types of sources........also, how the hell are they supposed to match what they played like in the 70's? it's 2007 now isn't it?........well to me the poor quality clips I've seen still sounded great, but perhaps I'm blindly loyal

i agree 100% and why do we always have to make comparisons? loved em then, love em now. period.

IMTOD was played E A E A C# E (open E) At the 02 show is was dropped to open D. I forget, but I think this is also one of the tunes Page played in a different key live than on the studio track.

I was going to say about the original question, then I saw this, I think you will find thats an open A....AC#E !!!

I think the chose a set list that they could play well. This was a show that had to work and it did. personally I'd have dropped TSRTS , Misty, Trampled and yes Stairway but I know others would disagree. Over all ,it was a real good show. If they do stick together. and I hope they do, the improvs' will be there. The 3 surviving members have had quite a journey since 1980. I for one look forward to somethind new coming out. I too refer to the old live stuff for the improvs' etc. We're discussing the pros and cons of this on another post re Summer 70- summer 72 ....join in

I think the chose a set list that they could play well. This was a show that had to work and it did. personally I'd have dropped TSRTS , Misty, Trampled and yes Stairway but I know others would disagree. Over all ,it was a real good show. If they do stick together. and I hope they do, the improvs' will be there. The 3 surviving members have had quite a journey since 1980. I for one look forward to somethind new coming out. I too refer to the old live stuff for the improvs' etc. We're discussing the pros and cons of this on another post re Summer 70- summer 72 ....join in

Wow Sorry, this post landed in the wrong spot. it was ment as a reply to... brspled... oh well

Archived