Robert Plant Performing Live in 2014

SteveAJones

Was looking at your dates Pilot and always forget the non American way of these. Being from the US I always prefer your way! Sorry, that's weird! Probably has something to do with my European heritage (100% Irish) and 8 trips to Europe since 1995! That's why there has always been a bit of a problem (not the word) with specific recording dates for songs etc.with Zeppelin as these things get lost in the shuffle. Listing day before month makes so much more sense to me. That's why there's so many mixups with these things.

I agree SuperDave. It's bad enough with time zones, never mind date zones!!

Just like the last time he toured the US, his present US tour is limited as heck, hopefully he'll add dates and will play some places that he did not play his last US tour...I'm happy for but also a little envious of the boardmembers who's towns Mr. Plant performed in on both the last tour and this present tour.

He was spectacular. Simply and effortlessly, spectacular.

The Sensational Space Shifters are supremely talented.
Liam Tyson (elegant and mysterious, like a certain other guitarist) and Juldeh Camara (exuberant and charismatic), especially captured my attention.

The new songs, the old songs, the covers, the "plantations".

A perfect set list. A perfect set. A brilliant show.

^^To all of you who got to this live and like luvlz2 I am jealous in a good way:-) I saw them in 2012 but I hope he eventually comes this way again to perform since the release of the album. I love the entire album but A Stolen Kiss IMHO is Robert's-Song To The Siren....just simply beautiful.. :notworthy:

Thanks ebk and Anonymous for the link. I watched it a couple of times and wished I could have been there to see it live.

Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters - A Stolen Kiss - BAM Sept 28, 2014

man - i have been a long time LZ fan (duh...) but caught RP and band on Fallon the other night.

heard the new record at my Dad's a few weeks ago and it didn't grab me (didn't play it loud enough, i think... was in the background)

anyway, saw the Fallon song and was BLOWN AWAY

so have just joined here after trying to find the NPR broadcast.

did anyone manage to capture it? they aren't replaying (grrr)

Pilot will be at his home town of HULL on 14/11/2014 (14th Nov 2014 for my American cousins) and LEEDS on 17/11/2014 (17th Nov 2014 for my American cousins).

Really looking forward to the Hull gig as this will mean so much to me being a Hullensian through and through!

Regards

Pilot

Good for you Pilot. I am doing London, Wolverhampton Blackpool and Llandudno. Sorry I couldn't make Robert Plant Live at leeds and Hull. Hope to catch you somewhere.

^^To all of you who got to this live and like luvlz2 I am jealous in a good way:-) I saw them in 2012 but I hope he eventually comes this way again to perform since the release of the album. I love the entire album but A Stolen Kiss IMHO is Robert's-Song To The Siren....just simply beautiful.. :notworthy:

Thanks ebk and Anonymous for the link. I watched it a couple of times and wished I could have been there to see it live.

Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters - A Stolen Kiss - BAM Sept 28, 2014

What a great live performance, and great album. :)

Thrilled for my NYC friends, but uuuuughnhhh it hurts that they get 3 - THREE - shows. Still, I'm so grateful for having seen them in Massey Hall.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/10/05/robert-plant-announces-brooklyn-show/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Through a publicist, Mr. Plant put out a statement saying he added the show because he “can’t get enough” of performing. “Any place, anywhere, anytime,” he said. “Just gotta get it out.”

This is what an artist in the right place sounds like. I'm very happy for Robert and the band. What joy to feel free and creative and be able to share it. Love it. LOVE IT!

http://youtu.be/DsfXs3c4kQw

Thanks for posting this, Deborah J! So emotional and beautiful, I can't stop listening to it.

Well, Robert Plant and his band should be in fine spirits for tonight's concert at the Hollywood Palladium. According to my friends around town, Robert and the band spent some time record shopping at Amoeba in Hollywood before going to Barney's Beanery that night and getting hammered. :drinks:

Robert Plant at the Fillmore Auditorium in Denver (photos, review)

By Mike Long | October 6th, 2014

Former Led Zeppelin vocalist and lyricist, Robert Plant, refuses to cater to fans who only want more of the same. It’s a rarity among performers from the classic rock era. Since his first solo album in 1982, he’s explored Middle Eastern, African, Celtic, Americana, and, at least, several rock genres as vehicles for songs that have challenged long-time fans to expand their musical frames of reference.

Released a month ago, Plant’s 10th solo album, the exceptionally well-received, “Lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar” is his first studio record with the Sensational Space Shifters, his current band. All that said, it’s a safe bet that many of the aged 45 and older crowd at the Fillmore Auditorium on Oct. 4 weren’t waiting in the line that stretched three blocks long, an hour before the show, to hear much of that.

Preceded onstage by the sounds of Link Wray’s “Rumble”, the show opened with a trippy, psyched-up version of “No Quarter” from Led Zeppelin’s “Houses of the Holy.” The set featured plenty of re-imagined takes of songs from Led Zep albums (“What Is And Should Never Be”, “Ramble On”, “Going To California”, “Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You”), scattered between new and old (“In The Mood”) solo material and a few great covers.

Always a talker onstage, Plant seemed genuinely happy to be playing in Colorado; even revealing he spent time calculating how many days – some number over 16,000 – it has been since he first ever sang in Denver. Also, like every other act that plays Colorado anymore, he mentioned noticing a peculiar smell wafting from the crowd. No need to ask “Does anyone remember laughter?” when people are high on legal cannabis. They either JUST laughed a minute ago or, like me, don’t remember all sorts of things when they’re high.

Plant, ever the showman, still pulled off a few of his now iconic rock god poses that he freely admits he lifted from Elvis. At 66 years old, he didn’t attempt the higher registers he once shrieked, but, beyond a doubt, he still has quite the instrument for a voice.

The Sensational Space Shifters, solid throughout the roughly 90 minute set, feature Justin Adams (on guitars among other string instruments and backing vocals), Juldeh Camara (on ritti, an African fiddle and backing vocals), Lim “Skin” Tyson (on guitar, banjo, backing vocals), John Battott (on keyboards, backing vocals), Billy Fuller (on bass) and Dave Smith (on drums).

There were a few well-timed, trance-friendly, near-transcendental instrumental breaks, aided by Plant on percussion, that absolutely elevated the show from just a “Robert Plant sings the hits” show. No, it wasn’t Led Zeppelin, it wasn’t intended to be. In 2014, it all sounded so much fresher.

http://www.heyreverb.com/blog/2014/10/06/robert-plant-fillmore-auditorium-denver-photos-review/95338/

This is what an artist in the right place sounds like. I'm very happy for Robert and the band. What joy to feel free and creative and be able to share it. Love it. LOVE IT!

Yes!

I'm trying to get tickets to this - after that performance last week, I can't resist. And Questlove, too? Full-on party!

At 3:01 - not a single ticket available.

With this it seems Robert loves performing now, even more than ever! Perhaps, it would be a safe bet that he'll return to the USA for more shows after New Years on a more extensive tour? This seems the pattern he has taken over the last several years.

Archived