Earl Court or Seattle ( 1975 )

chapita

Hey zeppelin fans. What do you think?. Is better Seattle of 1975 or Earl Court.?

Seattle has a amazing version of Dazed And Confused with 43.00 minutes!

Earl court has great acustic songs.

Voice of Robert isn´t the best but i think that the rest of the band just were AWESOME

Seattle has more of a sense of spontaneity about it, with the band pushing themselves any way they can to put on the best damn show they've got in 'em. Earl's Court was a five day affair, with plenty of time to play around. Those five nights have a more laid-back, yet still palpable energy to them. I love both of these gigs, but I'm at a loss to pick one over the other.

Hey zeppelin fans. What do you think?. Is better Seattle of 1975 or Earl Court.?

The one song that Seattle has that EC doesn't is SIBLY. The songs that EC has that Seattle doesn't are Tangerine, Communication Breakdown and the entire amazing acoustic set.

Case closed...Earls Court for the win.

Yep, EC for me too - acoustic set including the beautiful electric "Tangerine" with harmonizing; plus great performances, and wonderful-sounding sources for the 24th & 25th.

And while the Seattle Dazed is an epic, the May 24th ED Dazed is a monster as well, with the great "Woodstock" section instead of the usual "San Francisco."

Plus Robert's voice was in a bit better shape, having had nearly two months to rest it after the US Tour.

And while the Seattle Dazed is an epic, the May 24th ED Dazed is a monster as well, with the great "Woodstock" section instead of the usual "San Francisco."

Yeah, but the one from the 21st has the Woodstock version, with "I Shot the Sheriff" by Bob Marley, and "For What It's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield.

Not a fair fight, five shows to two. But Earls Court often sounds kinda 'forced' to me, like they're just trying too hard. Whereas they're rockin' on that whole west coast swing in '75 (IMO). The acoustic set is a great addition, though, for sure, plus the EC 'No Quarters' are all pretty stellar, too. If I could be at one of these shows, I think I'd pick Seattle (21st) with the full, kitchen-sink 'Dazed'. If the SBD ever comes out, I'm sure it will stand up to any Earls Court boot

Archived