Jimmy Page hearts Laura Marling

truth and beauty

Not trivia to me at all .. just had to repost Cookie's tweet about JP's comments to Classic Rock.

Jimmy Page has chosen Laura Marling’s new album as his pick of the year in the latest issue of Classic Rock Magazine

pic.twitter.com/Kl81WhiP9n

LM's music has possessed me for the last few years almost as much as LZ's : perfect that Jimmy has endorsed her in this way. I don't know if he's always been a fan ( I have!) , but so delighted he is speaking up for her now. Great news - though no surprise that someone such as Jimmy should tune in to the intensity of her music.

I saw two clippings over at the Tight But Loose Homepage where Jimmy mentions Laura Marling. He really gives her high praise. I must admit I'd never heard of her so I had a listen over on Spotify and I was indeed suprised.

BTW, Hello, T&B!

E

We played her album in the store in June. She is very interesting. I don't know her well, but this was not her first album. Dave Lewis posted this on his facebook page. A young American artist I would be very intersted to hear Jimmy's opinion is Aoife O'Donovan, who is very much like Joni and Jackie DeShannon.

I sampled some of her material off youtube. I heard more than just joni mitchell, i heard a good range, her unique voice is in there... and she is synced up with her guitar playing nicely. I heard a bob dylan writing style at times, which fits ok and was captivated by the first couple of songs. But after about five songs, of same kind of complex relationship sort of songs, it got me down a little bit. It just happened to be the songs i listened to in succession i guess, live performance stuff. I did see the video for the song, master hunter and that had drums and a song writing style there, that would be more accessible for a broader listening public.

Archived