2013-14 NFL Playoff Predictions thread....

paul carruthers

So here's how I see it:

I think Carroll is a better coach than Fox, if that counts for anything. Fox just seems robotic, not a lot of passion. On the other hand, Carroll can seem like a whiner on the sidelines.

Sherman has given the Broncos plenty of reasons to be fired up, what an embarrassment to see Sherman spouting off like that.

Wilson is a young QB, you could def tempt him into some bad decisions. Peyton WANTS this one, needs this one to silence the critics.

If it weren't for that last minute INT, we'd be gauging the 49ers this morning. Seattle is definitely beatable.

That being said, I know I picked the NFC, but

It's gonna be Denver by 7.

I am going to go on record now and say that, in the days leading up to the Super Bowl between Denver and Seattle, many sports writers and journalists will call this Super Bowl:

the Pot Bowl or the Cannabis Cup. (Obviously since Marijuana is now legal in the states of Colorado and Washington). Just wait and see (or read). Just remember that you read it here, first. From me, KingZoso.

Edited to add: I thought of this Myself. After the game it came to me how funny it was that the two teams (cities) going to the Super Bowl are in the first two states in the United States to "legalize" personal Marijuana use. There are going to be thousands and thousands of stoned-out Denver and Seattle fans watching the Game and drinking and "munching" on all sorts of Super Bowl style "munchies" (chips, wings, pizza, etc...).

This is rich. You pop in on a thread that you haven't even participated in to brag about being the first to mention a joke that actually people have been joking about ALL WEEK before you even brought it up?

Yours aren't even as good as the ones that Bill Simmons and other writers have bandied about...The Doobie Bowl being one of my favourites.

So, no...we didn't hear it first from you. Maybe you could actually offer us your pick for the game?

Congratulations Denver. Great team and they deserve to go to the Superbowl..

I'm kind disappointed for New England. But they accomplished so much for a team racked with so many injuries and controversy this year.

It's still a disappointing way to end the season after how they took apart the Ravens and Colts their last couple of games...

Rooting for Denver.. Not a Pete Carroll fan..

I'm kind disappointed for New England. But they accomplished so much for a team racked with so many injuries and controversy this year.

It's still a disappointing way to end the season after how they took apart the Ravens and Colts their last couple of games...

Not I. I am rooting for and betting on Seattle. And I feel good about their chances

Main reason why I didn't pick NE, though I was wavering towards game day. Way too many injuries, players that no one ever heard of...

Remember when Carroll was coach of the Pats??

Hmmm, Pete Carroll for coach of the year. That's the first time I ever thought about it, I was always thinking Ron Rivera or Andy Reid, but Carroll should definitely get some consideration...

I can't wait til the season starts to see the SF/SEATTLE rivalry that's been kicked up a notch. :yesnod:

The 'Walter' family is definitely pulling for Seattle, led by big Seahawks fan Walter Jr. :)

For his sake I should pick Denver.....0-2! :blink:

We welcome your whole family...welcome aboard, Walters family!

I will wait until next week before making my Super Bowl pick...I'm assuming Percy Harvin will be able to play?...but who I want to win the Super Bowl just became a whole lot easier to choose. You see, I have friends who are passionate Patriots fans and friends who are Seahawks lovers.

If it had been New England vs. Seattle, I would have been torn. But Denver vs. Seattle? No problem...Seattle all the way.

Of course, picking them is another matter. Taking the Seahawks out of Seattle is like taking 10 points off their offense. Peyton Manning won't have to worry about crowd noise interfering with his "OMAHA!" chants. Will Richard Sherman talk his way into a suspension or ejection from the game? It's Hall of Famer Peyton Manning vs. 2nd year QB Russell Wilson!

And the line from Vegas shows it. Rick, I told you last week that Vegas would make the AFC team the favourite. Manning and Brady are rarely underdogs...except when one is facing the other.

Pete Carroll for Coach of the Year? I think it's highly possible.

This is rich. You pop in on a thread that you haven't even participated in to brag about being the first to mention a joke that actually people have been joking about ALL WEEK before you even brought it up?

Yours aren't even as good as the ones that Bill Simmons and other writers have bandied about...The Doobie Bowl being one of my favourites.

So, no...we didn't hear it first from you. Maybe you could actually offer us your pick for the game?

First of all: Since when did I have to abide by your rules?:

"You pop in on a thread that you haven't even participated in". Your own quote. I do not need your permission to make a post in a topic that I never responded to? Or do I?

Second: The teams that will be in the Super Bowl was determined on Sunday. How did the people that you say that came up with a better term than the "Cannabis Cup" that I mention mere hours after Seattle beat San Francisco? What if the Super Bowl was New England versus the San Francisco 49'ers? Would they still call it the "Doobie Bowl"?

I think that you are a very Bitter and Spiteful person that can not and does not deal well with Criticism (from any angle or Opinion other than yours).

Denver has never played a defense like the one they will face with Seattle. Plus Seattle hung 23 on a very good San Fran defense, while the Broncos put up 26 on a mediocre, at best, Pats defense. When those Broncos receivers start getting hit and Manning starts getting the pressure he never had to face this year - it's gonna be a whole different ball game. I don't know if it's gonna be a blowout or not, but I do think Denver will have to do quick passes, which makes them too predictable for the Seahawks defense. Lynch and Wilson should be able to run against Denver, which will allow Baldwin (who was the silent MVP for Seattle Sunday night, IMO), Tate (one of the toughest wide receivers out there), and don't forget Percy Harvin will be back to stretch the field for the already injury plagued Broncos defense. One thing I have noticed about Seattle this year while watching them - they can be susceptible to the run. A few backs have had good games against them. Moreno was injured towards the end of the AFC Championship game, not sure the lingering effects. Ball played pretty well, but again he's fumble prone.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Denver has never played a defense like the one they will face with Seattle. Plus Seattle hung 23 on a very good San Fran defense, while the Broncos put up 26 on a mediocre, at best, Pats defense. When those Broncos receivers start getting hit and Manning starts getting the pressure he never had to face this year - it's gonna be a whole different ball game. I don't know if it's gonna be a blowout or not, but I do think Denver will have to do quick passes, which makes them too predictable for the Seahawks defense. Lynch and Wilson should be able to run against Denver, which will allow Baldwin (who was the silent MVP for Seattle Sunday night, IMO), Tate (one of the toughest wide receivers out there), and don't forget Percy Harvin will be back to stretch the field for the already injury plagued Broncos defense. One thing I have noticed about Seattle this year while watching them - they can be susceptible to the run. A few backs have had good games against them. Moreno was injured towards the end of the AFC Championship game, not sure the lingering effects. Ball played pretty well, but again he's fumble prone.

That's the way I see it anyway.

I am in toal agreement Walter. I believe Lynch or Wilson will be the MVP and I believe they will control the clock and keep the ball away from Manning. When he does have the ball he will see one of the two best defense's in football, San Fran being the other. Baltimore was in this class but no more. I love Seattle and under. The O/U will go up I suspect to around 48 1/2 and perhaps as high as 50 because its the Super Bowl. I do not feel as good about the total as I do about the Seahawks just pounding Denver. And they are the underdog. Do not let that scare you away. Its because of Manning. He is in for hell and he knows it. All of his showboating and signal calling and audibles will not save him. Denver will take a physical pounding like they have not seen. If it should snow heavy, that would probably help Denver as they have played in it more. If the field is not bad I will bet Seattle and heavy

Right now my hunch is Denver winning by at least 10.

This IS NOT my pick. My view may change.

Why? Because of a little snow? We are a week and a half out. Any forcasts now are pure shit. A beatle and a fucking groundhog could give you a more accurate one. I do not think either team willl be killed by the cold like the Chargers were in Cincy back in the 80's or if it were a team like Atlanta or Miami playing in the cold. I am pretty sure it gets cold in Seattle? Of course Denver can be like Buffalo in the winter. I still like Seattle to stomp their ass.

A beatle could give you a more accurate one.

Is that a reference to the "Beverly Hillbillies" episode where granny used the beatle to out predict the local weatherman concerning a major storm coming in? Classic! :yesnod:

Is that a reference to the "Beverly Hillbillies" episode where granny used the beatle to out predict the local weatherman concerning a major storm coming in? Classic! :yesnod:

As tempted as I am to take credit for that, I am just too honest to do so. But I do have knowledge of certain members of the animal kingdom other than homo sapiens, being skillful at predicting the weather. Crickets, ground hogs, toads, being a few. I am sure I must have seen that episode but do not remember it, but I was a big fan of that show like most of us back in the day.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24416850/comedy-team-leads-browns-coaching-search-is-not-leaving-em-laughing

I do not know if you can open the link above showing the state of things in Cleveland, but its far easier being a Bills fan than a Browns fan right now. I think our future is clearly bright and we are on the right course. With decent play from Manuel or a successor if they chose that route, they can take out New England next year. I think Brady and Belechek must be pretty disgusted with their recent string of playoff failure's. How long until one of them bolts? Or retires? Teams on the rise: Bills, Rams, Cardinals, Panthers, and if they get a coach, I will spit the word out with fear, Detroit

^ Which is ridiculous, btw! A bunch of people who have never played sports blowing up "real moment", IMO. I guess the love story with Peyton Manning has dried up....everyone wants a villain to go against their "hero". Two weeks is too long! Get on with it!

Archived