John Bonham 1969

bcarter690

• Administrators

Photos are from a John Bonham interview in June 1970.

Some info: Coach and Horses pub: Roy Carr, publicist Bill Harry, Stan Webb (of the group Chicken Shack) and his manager Harry Simmonds.
The pic with the Clapton poster: "Suddenly Bonzo spied a poster advertising the appearance of Eric Clapton. So with glasses held high we all posed in front of it, as the moment was captured for posterity...."

Here's the article....

70-NME-Bonham-interview.jpg

Ok, another great post I have never seen. Thanks so much for that Sam!

I had no idea of the Lord Sutch and heavy friends situation. I thought

Jimmy Page and he were friends and that's why they did it. Thanks for

that Sam.

When the article mentions the Coach and Horses pub(?) and the "re-joining" of publicist Bill Harry, is this the infamous incident in which Bonzo tears off or rips Bill Harry's pants in the fracas between Bonzo and Bill Harry?

If so, this was the "last straw" for Bill Harry and he said that he would never ever again work for Led Zeppelin. From what I have read, he even told Bonzo that if he (Bonzo) ever saw him (Bill) again, that Bonzo should 'cross the street'.

When the article mentions the Coach and Horses pub(?) and the "re-joining" of publicist Bill Harry, is this the infamous incident in which Bonzo tears off or rips Bill Harry's pants in the fracas between Bonzo and Bill Harry?

If so, this was the "last straw" for Bill Harry and he said that he would never ever again work for Led Zeppelin. From what I have read, he even told Bonzo that if he (Bonzo) ever saw him (Bill) again, that Bonzo should 'cross the street'.

I believe any hi-jinks with publicist Bill Harry occurred much later.

Publicist Bill Harry recalls seeing Bonham...driven to wilding after mixing copious amounts of vodka, Cointreau and more with a friend at a London bar.

“I heard a big bang, and they knocked [a] door off the hinges and grabbed hold of [a local music manager] and got all this tape and completely wrapped him up and dumped him in Oxford Street,” Harry said. “For some reason, they then came after me and dangled me out of the window.”

http://nypost.com/2012/12/09/stairway-to-hell-4/

• 3 years later...

I would really like to read this article, but the link doesn't work. I own some of the original photo transparencies of similar photos and would love more history of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

119b.jpg650c.jpg

Archived