My Photos - MSG 1975 & 1977

Hue & Eye

I worked in the music business taking photographs for a variety of music publications from 1969 to 1978. Sold my first photo at 17 to be used on the reissue for BB King's Live at the Regal and from there it progressed.

Attached are a few photos I took at MSG at the 75 and 77 concerts but I can't be sure which is what. I'd like to thank Sam Aizer of Swan Song for getting me the photo passes - not an easy thing to get back in the 70s at the height of their popularity - I was usually alone or with only one other photographer when shooting.

post-27411-0-58246800-1389718835_thumb.j

post-27411-0-89631400-1389718847_thumb.j

post-27411-0-58582900-1389718865_thumb.j

post-27411-0-96965300-1389719124_thumb.j

Great photos, thanks for sharing! :)

Btw, I believe all four of those are from '75 - based on the stage and their attire. I'm sure someone else will definitively be able to tell.

Welcome to the forum! How long did you stay at the show. Looks like at least 4 songs in based on the first photo.

:peace:

It is always a treat to see new unpublished photos, and especially ones from such a privileged vantage point! Eye Thank Ewe Hue & Eye! ;)

For the record, those are 1975 photos...do you have it noted somewhere which MSG dates you attended in 1975: February 3, 7, or 12? Did you not attend any of the Nassau Coliseum gigs?

It is always a treat to see new unpublished photos, and especially ones from such a privileged vantage point! Eye Thank Ewe Hue & Eye! ;)

For the record, those are 1975 photos...do you have it noted somewhere which MSG dates you attended in 1975: February 3, 7, or 12? Did you not attend any of the Nassau Coliseum gigs?

Most of my photos are B&W and this is a tiny sample but I have yet to scan the B&W stuff and there is a lot. No Coliseum stuff as I lived in Manhattan and the stage was always extremely high at the NC and above my head - plus there was no photo pit as at MSG.

Trying to figure out why I'm having so much trouble posting but have yet to figure it out.

I worked in the music business taking photographs for a variety of music publications from 1969 to 1978. Sold my first photo at 17 to be used on the reissue for BB King's Live at the Regal and from there it progressed.

Attached are a few photos I took at MSG at the 75 and 77 concerts but I can't be sure which is what. I'd like to thank Sam Aizer of Swan Song for getting me the photo passes - not an easy thing to get back in the 70s at the height of their popularity - I was usually alone or with only one other photographer when shooting.

Fantastic photographs! The Robert Plant cherry tree shirt shot deserves to be a magazine cover.

I messaged him yesterday....

Can you email me one of the photos and I'll try uploading it.

What is the exact error you're getting?

Email: webmaster@ledzeppelin.com

Hi Sam,

I sent an e-mail yesterday attaching some photos but I guess you never received it. Why you never received the email is another great question

My problem is 'scripts' and the site freezing as the website tries to upload my photos. I've tried firefox, bing and chrome to no avail and wiped cookies and all past history to see if that was the problem. After uploading 1 photo it freezes and I'm nowhere near the 20 meg limit.

• Administrators

Hi Sam,

I sent an e-mail yesterday attaching some photos but I guess you never received it. Why you never received the email is another great question

My problem is 'scripts' and the site freezing as the website tries to upload my photos. I've tried firefox, bing and chrome to no avail and wiped cookies and all past history to see if that was the problem. After uploading 1 photo it freezes and I'm nowhere near the 20 meg limit.

Not sure, didn't receive an email.

There's another setting you can try when attaching the files. Underneath the "attach files" button you should see:

"Trouble uploading? Try our basic uploader"

Archived